1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Will kitty come back?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by FloranFootSoldier, Jan 1, 2017.

1. FloranFootSoldier

FloranFootSoldier Phantasmal Quasar

I found a hylotl village, and on one of the rooftops was a cat. That cat stayed there forever and never despawned. I wanted to capture it in a Capture Pod since I love cats. I chipped at its health with snowballs, and then tossed a capture pod at it. The pod did the "capturing" animation but immediately dropped like I had misthrown it, and the cat had disappeared. I got the capture pod back, but the cat is nowhere in sight.

Will the cat respawn or am I guilty of killing a kitty accidently? :(

2. ShadowRecon97

ShadowRecon97 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ohhhhh noooooo

3. ShadowRecon97

ShadowRecon97 Subatomic Cosmonaut

But dude, don't feel so bad, you might not killing it, they're just going to other dimension

4. FloranFootSoldier

FloranFootSoldier Phantasmal Quasar

is there anyway to spawn the cat with the /spawnmonster command?

5. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Read wiki
    spawnmonster is unreliable

6. kittentamer

kittentamer Existential Complex

I think what you need to do to catch the cat now is use the relocator gun. You can use it to move farm-type animals and 'critters'. I haven't run into a wild cat or dog since I got the relocator gun, though. You craft it at the agriculture station.

7. justdrew

justdrew Orbital Explorer

I was able to capture the indescribable horror since the last update in a pok-e-pod. There will be other hylotl villages...I am hoping for them, as I want a whole pile of these kitties running around my base.