Who is your favourite Bachelor?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ValleyBoi, Jun 25, 2017.

?

The Poll

1. Alex

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  2. Elliott

9 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. Harvey

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
  4. Sam

2 vote(s)
    3.9%
  5. Sebastian

17 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. Shane

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. ValleyBoi

ValleyBoi Big Damn Hero

Who is it?

• Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

I once opened two threads like yours once. But I always find it interesting to see, if the general opinion has shifted towards other favorites. I never married any bachelor but I think that Shane has the greatest development. Sam and Sebastian seem too much like teenagers to me in order to be seen as grown up bachelors.
      Here are the old threads if anyone is interested:
      http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/poll-your-favorite-spouse-female.129042/
      http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/poll-your-favorite-spouse-male.129043/

springacres and Seismothesaurus like this.
      • cwiwci

cwiwci Aquatic Astronaut

I divorced Elliot and I regret it, lol!
        Love this game! Its so silly!

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
        • sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

Alex or Elliott probably. Even though Alex is sort of a jerk when you first meet him, his personality improves as you get closer to him and he's actually sort of sweet. I like Elliott and his personality, but something about him rubs me the wrong way....so I guess Alex would be my favorite...

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*points awkwardly at avatar* Too many feels about his characterization.

• springacres

springacres Phantasmal Quasar

Shane, hands down.

• bitesizedbeatle

bitesizedbeatle Void-Bound Voyager

I'm obsessing over Sam at the moment, he's such a nice bubbly character and his hair is pretty magnificent!

• springacres

Sam is a sweetie, for sure. So is Sebastian. But Shane just grabbed me with his two-heart event and refused to let go.

• Leludar

Leludar Title Not Found

WELL-

When I started the game I was loving Sam since he's one of the characters who's very nice towards you from the start.
                    So was Leah so I really liked her too. I married Sam but divorced him since he is quite the lazy spouse. I still really like his character though, but I wanted to try marry other characters! During Sam's marriage I've ''swoon'' all other spouse canidates, and I really started to like Abigail since she's very quirky and seems to have a mysterious past and interesting likes.

Though honestly-
                    I love a lot of characters lmao.
                    Harvey, Sebastian, Penny, Leah...THEY ARE ALL CUTIES-

• Thunderflight

Thunderflight Space Hobo

Elliott is the sweetest little dreamer. I love the poetic tone his dialogue options take when he's married to you!

• Eristae

Eristae Void-Bound Voyager

I was torn, torn, between Sebastian and Elliot, but I ended up going with Elliot.

• springacres

@Jerev Sam has this 21-going-on-16 vibe for me. Seb seems older and more mature, but I can see where you get the overgrown-teen vibe from him, too. His reference to rotten egg tosses at the Egg Festival, man.

Seismothesaurus likes this.
                          • Rauchschwalbe

Rauchschwalbe Cosmic Narwhal

My favourites are Sam and Elliott. Both are nice or polite from the beginning and don't require you to throw your self respect away to get them to like you.
                            I think I like Elliott a bit more because Sam often takes no responsibility for his actions (Skate stunt, Egg thrown on the floor.. Btw: an EGG as a snack?). Elliott is a bit cheesy, but at least he is kind of grown up.

• Seismothesaurus

Seismothesaurus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That's a good way to put it, and I agree.

I think there are aspects of Sam that hint at some maturity (the way he worries about Vincent while Kent is gone), but... there aren't many. That egg thing, and the fish dinner thing especially, really rubbed me the wrong way. But that's not to say he's a bad person or husband choice. I'm sure he's perfect for some people and it's great that there's variety.

I feel like Seb comes off as young and immature at first, but that fades to some extent as hearts increase. I've said this about Abigail elsewhere and I think it applies to Seb, too: sometimes living with your parents as an adult can bring out the worst in you. Like you're still having the same unresolved issues or squabbles about a lot of things and it triggers that mental state you were in as a teenager, especially if your parents don't fully see you as an adult. Seb's home life... is not great. It seems like this gets better after marriage? I dunno, I haven't gotten to him yet.

Sorry, got a little tangential there, but I have A Lot Of Thoughts about our townies. :)