Who did you marry poll

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Last_Aeon, Jun 28, 2016.

?

who did you choose?

1. Leah

64 vote(s)
    14.4%
  2. Abigail

73 vote(s)
    16.5%
  3. Penny

56 vote(s)
    12.6%
  4. Maru

22 vote(s)
    5.0%
  5. Haley

33 vote(s)
    7.4%
  6. Sam

20 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Alex

26 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. Sebiastan

79 vote(s)
    17.8%
  9. Elliot

46 vote(s)
    10.4%
  10. Harvey

24 vote(s)
    5.4%
  1. sunlite

sunlite Pangalactic Porcupine

I had no idea what the game was before I bought it, it just looked cute and I had $25 in steam so I got it, and so I didn't know anything about the game. I didn't realize that Elliott was a man well into year 2 of my second save...and I always remembered thinking "she" had masculine facial features, lmao.

I also thought Caroline was a marriage candidate....oops

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
    • w00tl00ps

w00tl00ps Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sad truth is, I have married Leah on every... single... play through. There have been many... many... many new games started.

I love her character. I love her art and her independence and love of nature. She's all too perfect a match for a farmer. And as for having common ground, both wanted to escape the city life. Also salads. Talk about an easy two loved items a week. I can usually end the first spring with 6 hearts if I get a quest from her and talk to her every single day. That includes getting the heart from the Flower Dance.

LuthienNightwolf likes this.
      • Yoseiri

Yoseiri Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'll marry Krobus if I can, too bad I cant so I go for the Wizard

• LuthienNightwolf

LuthienNightwolf Oxygen Tank

Leah is my favorite of the ladies, I plan to marry her in one of my saves someday. I think she'd be the most likely friend for me if I lived in Pelican Town, we're both artists and nature-lovers. I'm strictly into guys in rl but I may let my character swing the other way just for Leah. lol

w00tl00ps likes this.
          • StardewMe

StardewMe Aquatic Astronaut

Leah on 2 saves, Abigal? I think on another save. Penny on another save. Haley on a recent save just because so many people dislike her. Oh, I married Maru out of spite on a save because of a certain cutscene

• w00tl00ps

w00tl00ps Subatomic Cosmonaut

Top dogs
              It was all because of Demetrius wasn't it? Hahaha. Trying to bully you in the lab?

StardewMe likes this.
              • Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

lol, it didn't feel like bullying to me. he just wants to protect her future

and apologizes later

• Ambaaargh

Ambaaargh Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

"I have a crush on every boy" -Teen Girl Squad

When I very first got the game I married Sebastian, but that was before the update patch that gave all the spouses actual personalities...so I ended up deleting the save because spouses before then were kind of bleak and a bit lobotomized. Nothing like Sebastian saying "I made you pancake honey!" in the morning and telling you at the festival that don't worry he won't talk to any other girls and mentioning how he gave up his motercycle cause he's a married man...was just really kind of the opposite of why I married him.

So I deleted the save and decided to pursue Harvey because I figured hey, he has a job where he actually leaves the house 2 times a week so that sounds really nice and made me feel less like a tyrranical overlord. Shortly after that save they applied the big spouse patch so not only did he get to keep working at his job, he also would go for walks on Mondays which made me feel nice in that "yay. You have a life outside of staying at home and making pancakes." As it stands, that's my primary save and the one I've had the longest. I like Harvey, he's got a bit of that adorkable charm to him and I like the idea that he has some independence in his job. Also his 10 heart romance scene is still my favorite.

Second save I have I opted to pursue Alex. Though I also opted to play a dude because a friend told me that if you approach the angle of Alex being fairly in the closet, it adds a more unique spin to it. Which I kind of agree, if only because it meant I got to peek into the men's locker room and find Alex's locker which apparently has a lot of images of muscle dudes in there for "inspiration" :V But also his 10 heart I found a lot more sweet then the dialogue you get if you were a lady. Also, you get mushroom risotto instead of a salad. I also like the slight touches of how George and Evvelyn occasionally dialogue, where George is a bit more "eeeeghn thats kind of unnatural" if you have low hearts with him but if you have high hearts he's like "I don't really get it myself, but you guys are happy so I'm happy for you" But I will say it was a lot more a fun playthrough going through it as a dude than a ladyface when it comes to Alex. I think the overall tone is just a lot more endearing, especially when it reflects Alex's general setup of how he feels a lot of pressure to be this particular person for the sake of other's opinions rather than himself.

Third save I have is my T-800 save who is also my Joja run save. My farmer is a terminator sent in the past to ensure the Joja corp gets a foothold in every facet of the world so that way when the robot revolution occurs (due to Jojatech trying to maximize profits by going into robotic AI workforce over people) it will be complete versus the original timeline where Joja didn't take root in all the places so pockets of resistance have been occuring. Her job is to assume a normal human farmer and assist JojaCorp and gather resources until the eventual time. She has married Shane because she approves of his JojaCorp attire and decided he would make for a better assistant to her project. When the robot revolution occurs she shall make sure he is downloaded into a superior nanite technology body as thanks to his services.

Fourth save is my Stella save which I'm currently going through now and so far it looks like she may be pursuing Elliot. I had intended to pursue Penny for it but can't deny Elliot has a fairly friendly charming nature whose sappy romantic nature has appealed to my retired adventurer. Right now though she's just trying to make friends so it is uncertain who she'll end up settling with.

I have a few scattered saves here and there but those are my primary ones that have actual work on them.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
                  • Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

My first run through I married Haley, despite all the vocal dislike for her. I actually fought on that one as I was torn between her and Maru. But, just watching her go from a spoiled brat to someone who honestly was trying to be a better person, it kind of won me over (especially the cow photoshoot cutscene... that was the turning point). Everyone else seemed to be just going with the flow, but Haley really seemed to be trying hard and that was quite endearing. Even some of her comments after being married show that she's come so far.

On my second round, I did marry Maru. She's a real dear and her gentle affection (that kiss after watching MARilda leave!! <3) is so sweet, but I can't help but feel that Haley is still the better wife. Meh... it's probably just me.

On my third round I'm planning to see what this Team Leah thing is all about, even though I had originally planned to marry Penny. As nice as Penny is, and I feel for her and her situation, I find her to be a bit... uninspiring? bland? I dunno. She just doesn’t move me. So… I think I’ll check out the Team Leah thing and see if she’s all that! I was just surprised that Leah turned me down for the flower dance. I thought 3 hearts was enough because on my save where I married Haley, she danced with me and I could swear I only had two hearts with her at the time.

Alkanthe likes this.
                    • IncalculableDesires

IncalculableDesires Void-Bound Voyager

I married Maru. I downloaded a mod for her when she had her big bouncy, curls. I honestly found her personality to be adorable. I thought about marrying Abigail but some of the scenes she just seemed to be too immature. A lot of the characters feel very much like "teenagers" to me in the game though. I'd probably try to marry Leah next or Maru again. :c

• BouncingCactus

BouncingCactus Big Damn Hero

I have only 1 savefile I married in, and that was Abigail. I'll be honest and say it was mostly the purple hair that drew me in, but I liked the personality I found once I started talking to her.
                        So Samuel married Abigail. Moss will marry Leah in time, unless I really want to keep my small house. . . not sure about him.
                        Asshole won't marry anyone since he's an Asshole and will be unlocking full JoJa membership at the cost of ignoring everyone else.

sunlite likes this.
                        • Orion and Dog

Orion and Dog Void-Bound Voyager

I married Sebastian on my first playthrough, but this time I can't decide between Emily, Abigail, Shane, or Sebastian again :( They're all great options in different ways.