1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Whip Bug?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Freeshield, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Freeshield

Freeshield Poptop Tamer

When you use the whip on a block, the rope disappears but the handle is still there and you can't move your hand until you switch items, but if you whip the air it works fine. Has anyone else come across this problem? Can someone test this to see if it's just me?
    [​IMG]
    Edit, I tried this with other whips and got the same outcome, is it just me?

Last edited: Mar 7, 2017
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Any mods? You must have something that is bugging up the whips.

3. noobsqoou

noobsqoou Big Damn Hero

The only buggy whipping I've experienced when aiming at very close blocks is the whip just cycles around and around without actually cracking, as if I'm winding it up.

I'll check next time I load up the game.

4. Freeshield

Freeshield Poptop Tamer

I do have mods, maybe that's the problem, I have FU installed and a few others.

5. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach your full starbound.log

~ Iris ~

6. Freeshield

Freeshield Poptop Tamer

Where do I find That?

7. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

..\Steam\steamapps\common\Starbound\storage

It will be the one called "starbound.log", or just "starbound". The ones ending in a number are backups of previous times you've ran the game, so we don't need those.

http://i.imgur.com/xEZqWjs.png

8. Flannel

Flannel Subatomic Cosmonaut

I haven't experienced any issues with whips thus far, and I've played around with the energy whip, as well as played multiplayer with someone who has an energy whip. Both of us used ours at the same time (until I moved on to staves) and didn't experience this issue, so it's likely being caused by mods.

One way you can test if it's mods or not is to completely remove all mods (you can copy/paste the mods folder to your desktop for non-steam mods or favorite mods you wanna keep before unsubscribing them for steam mods) and create a new character, activate admin commands (/admin) and spawn a whip (ex.: /spawnitem energywhip ) and see if the issue persists. If it does, try force-updating Starbound. You may be missing a certain file or two.