1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are the USMC bunkers?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by twixelstix, Jul 27, 2016.

1. twixelstix

twixelstix Master Chief

I'm trying to get human furniture so that I can keep on with my colony, and the prisons that I've visited (seen two so far) can only yield so much. I've gotten nearly every other generated area. Multiples of the same village, the same dungeon, and nothing. I've been exploring large and small planets ranging from moderate, risky, and dangerous - for the majority of the day actually.

Has anyone seen any spawn since 1.0? And if so, on what biome?

2. Noir Korrane

Noir Korrane Pangalactic Porcupine

I haevnt found any yet either.

But on a Desert planet i found a sort of Human campground filled with tents and outhouses as well as several dogs.

3. twixelstix

twixelstix Master Chief

Yeah! I've found two of those so far.

4. stealthXG

stealthXG Pangalactic Porcupine

I just discovered this the other day but if you scan the furniture with your matter manipulator that furniture will appear in the pixel printer, then you can just use pixels to generator the furniture.

5. twixelstix

twixelstix Master Chief

Yeah, I think I know what you're talking about, but I'm having an issue where there's only certain furniture that you can get in the bunker, and so I can't scan it even for that to happen. ):

6. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really want to find one myself, now that capturing has been updated I can finally have a Serpent Droid to call my own!

But sadly they appear to be disabled or something, maybe they're being re-worked?

Alsanu likes this.
  7. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I been trying to find those bunkers too, they seems inexistant in 1.0.

8. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the USCM bunkers appear to straight-up not exist in 1.0. Which is funny, because all their furniture does. Serpent Droids are out too.

If I had to guess as to why this is, it's probably because lore-wise the Protectorate has replaced the USCM in Starbound, but the devs haven't removed all of the USCM assets. So yeah, good luck to us who want to make a human colony.

9. Noir Korrane

I am not sure the USCM are gone, the USCM prisons are still around.

10. twixelstix

twixelstix Master Chief

But they mention in the story that you're pretty much the only Protectorate left, like at the very beginning. The prisons are still around as well. I wonder why it was they were removed, I looked through patch logs and didn't find anything about it.

11. Drakaden

Drakaden Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Technically all humans from -earth- except you are dead, but humans on other planets are still alive if they survived their daily calamities, technically it would make sense to find still functionning prisons and bunkers and bases off-earth.

12. twixelstix

twixelstix Master Chief

Okay, so... fairly certain that for some reason the USMC Bunkers have been removed, at least for now. Been tapping multiple sources and they've said they've not found any either, so it's safe to say they're not there. ): Here's to hoping they put it back in, I've tried tweeting them but nothing.

Until then though, the Pixel Printer is good enough for me.

13. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So that means my favorite monster is gone as soon as we're able to capture it at last. ....Darn.

14. Tiakatt

Tiakatt Tentacle Wrangler

Is there any other place to get things like Basic Toilet? As I haven't scanned it, I can't print it. Need it for my captain's quarters on my ship. ;) The stalls work great for crew quarters, but there isn't space for it in the captain quarters and it's really not the right aesthetic for it anyway. I haven't seen a single Basic Toilet or blue sofa anywhere.

At least now I can stop looking for the bunkers, I suppose. But really would like to have access to that toilet item still.

15. ArmorPlated

ArmorPlated Void-Bound Voyager

Basic toilet, mirror blocks and sink spawn in Hylotl underwater cities, look for cramped-looking residential sections. You can also find wide-shallow freezers in restaurant sections, if they spawn. aside from that, not sure what other blocks/objects are being looked for here.

16. Tiakatt

Tiakatt Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you so much! I actually have an underwater Hylotl city bookmarked and flagged from much earlier on. I'm surprised if I didn't scan a toilet, but then a lot of my previously scanned items became unscanned at some point, anyway. The Hylotl tip is a huge help, thank you.

17. Noir Korrane

I have seen Frogg merchants in swamp biomes sell them occasionally too.

18. YellowDemonHurlr

YellowDemonHurlr Ketchup Robot

But if the USCM has been replaced by the Protectorate, why is the United Systems flag hanging alongside all the others in the prologue? The Protectorate seems to be a human-dominated organization, but doesn't seem like the human government. Strikes me as more of an interstellar UN, rather than a government agency.

19. IronSquid501

IronSquid501 Void-Bound Voyager

Hell, the Protectorate seems more like a "Green Lantern"-esque organization, as opposed to a government. The USCM is clearly still the dominating force when it comes to Humans.
    Perhaps they'll be back in the next update? Maybe we'll get USCM-controlled Human towns, too?

20. Aroxys

Aroxys Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh right, I remembered something. The old USCM bunkers actually had a pretty major AI error when it came to the human NPCs and the robot mobs inside the bunker. Way back when they were first introduced, the two different categories of enemies worked together just fine, but later on changes to the AI logic caused the humans and the robots to start regarding each other as enemies. It wasn't uncommon for the humans to get utterly wiped out before you even arrived proper, especially since the Serpent Droids are by and far the most defensively powerful land monster in the game. (Since Serpent Droids have those plasma shields to cut incoming damage down to laughable levels.)

A fair few other dungeon types were removed because of this, I think. Avian Tombs relied on NPCs and monsters to defend it, same with certain Apex laboratories. Conversely, I think this is also why major missions never actually have NPC and Mob enemies working in tandem unless the latter have been released from Capture Pods. They'd just start killing each other, because Chucklefish hasn't gotten around to fixing how the two primary enemy types interact with one another.