1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed When will the soundtrack be updated with the new novakid soundtrack?

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Jynx, May 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jynx

Jynx Big Damn Hero

So I found this and I really want it.. When will the soundtrack update?

2. Vulkax

Vulkax Void-Bound Voyager

This song reminds me a lot of desert exploration 1

3. Inconspicuous

Inconspicuous Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That video was posted on the 30th of April, that's yesterday.
    I think it's fair to at least give em a week before you start begging for them to add it don't you think? ;)
    They might still want to tweak it around first.

4. weirdee

weirdee Big Damn Hero

I've also noticed that Scorian Flow and Stellar Acclimation haven't been added yet, but hopefully they will soon, cause Solatrus is da bomb.

(btw, is there going to be a way to download individual tracks? i don't want to have to pull the entire file when i just want to grab the new songs, and this is probably increasing bandwidth costs too)

5. Jynx

Jynx Big Damn Hero

*Shoves him over* I WANT IT!

6. OmnipotentEntity

OmnipotentEntity Code Monkey Forum Administrator

We're a smallish development team and we have to do everything. It might not seem like a long time to throw together another zip file and reupload, but there's a lot of coordination that has to happen behind the scenes, and we want to make anything we release as polished and professional as possible, meaning other assets need to be made. This is a drain on dev time, so it might take us a non-insignificant time for us to update the soundtrack. Rest assured, it will be updated though.

RedScarWolf, Alvin Flummox and Shark like this.
  7. Zeon

Zeon Contact!

thank you for the info however could you tell me "how" we will be notified of a soundtrack update? possibly in a thread somewhere id imagine. I thought id ask for a specific location nonetheless.

The dev team are some of my heroes you guys and gals do amazing work i wish you all the luck in the world. :up:

8. Jynx

Jynx Big Damn Hero

understandable, I hadnt checked the upload time of the video, just knew that the soundtrack file was going to be updated every so often with new music so wanted to know if there would be a scheduled update every so often?

9. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

beatiful song

10. kman.awesomeguy

kman.awesomeguy Phantasmal Quasar

I like the mix of Western and eastern aural aesthetics. This soundtrack might make me change my mind about my starter race.
    Love for the Banjo.

11. RazerEXE

RazerEXE Orbital Explorer

I per-ordered the game and got the soundtrack but forgot to save the web site in case I lost the songs. So can anyone please tell me what the name of the web site is so I can save it.

12. Gandalf

Gandalf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They should have sent you an email with all the information and links.

13. scottysnyder

scottysnyder Aquatic Astronaut

I lost the page too but i still got the soundtrack downloaded.

14. For those who don't know yet, the five tracks Solatrus worked on are available to listen (and buy) on his bandcamp. The 3 tracks who are on the OST, and the two Weirdee mentioned a bit earlier (Scorian Flow and Stellar Acclimation).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.