1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats your characters name?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by cooltv27, Dec 25, 2015.

1. de0lsu

de0lsu Subatomic Cosmonaut

Sailus, an explorer and a tomato fanatic!

[​IMG]

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  2. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Wilfrey Xenon. I have whole databases on the character traits of this guy. My actual name's Wilfrey -not for you to know, kiddo-, and I put a lot of myself into his character, though he has traits I wish I had. He's the stylish fellow on my avatar as of now. He stars in a few RPs and stories I'm writing, but not usually a main character by any means.
    @Miss Alkane, you should enlighten this thread with the waves and waves of characters you make, many of them are amazing.

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Who, me?! I... I couldn't! I'd overwhelm the place!

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  4. Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Your signature is a testament to that.

Alkanthe likes this.
  5. Meursing

Meursing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

My main character is called Meursing... Rest of my characters are called Meursing too.

Sir Wilfrey likes this.
  6. Shadow86

Shadow86 Pangalactic Porcupine

Simos, Apex mercenary extraordinaire!

(avatar related)

7. squidspeaker

squidspeaker Subatomic Cosmonaut

I have a few names.

-Starlord Taro, who's one of my roleplay characters.

-Twerkdancer, the first ever rng name I had ever gotten in this game

-Gun Gunn, the best rng name I have ever gotten

8. glassdragon

glassdragon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

All the best names for my Starbound characters have been randomly generated.
    - Songsoother Tehehehehui (Avian. So many syllables that her first incarnation spilled out of the name box, and trying to pronounce it without sounding ridiculous is next to impossible.)
    - Slang-slinger (Novakid)
    - Inadezhantina Dobrowsky (Apex. My game seems to like absurdly long random names.)
    - Uggly Cowhand (Novakid again)
    - Zuhura Grass-eater (Floran. This one I like because Florans are plants. Needless to say this guy wore Floran Cannibal armor in his vanity slots for most of the game.)

Marinebeast and Alkanthe like this.
  9. doombotmecha

doombotmecha Void-Bound Voyager

my mains are as follows:
    Stable: Kika Summercut (mashup of randomizer names)
    Unstable: Anivia (light blue avian who like cold places, league of legends reference)

10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

The main characters I've actually played as are these four:
    Sucrose (full name Sucrose Alkane), a Novakid who loves to explore.
    Karia Corwinn, an antisocial Human who's been pressed into helping Sucrose.
    Mitchell Baurann, a competent Human soldier.
    Ilaxani Stormbringer, an Avian landlord.
    There's also Misha Lobonski and her silent friend, who are both Apex NPCs on an outpost Sucrose visits regularly.

11. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

I named my Floran Leif Moon-Seed. I looked at a bunch of randomly generated names and got a general idea, then I made a Skyrim style name using that, because why not? Also, Leif Erikson discovered America and my Floran is exploring the galaxy discovering things. I've decided he has another name, but it's very hard to pronounce. He's been studying human history, and he likes Leif Erikson because they're similar.

Leif ssstudy human hissstory, learn lotsss. Ssscandinavians made big ssswords. Leif prefers the ssspear.

Alkanthe likes this.
  12. Jrminot

Jrminot Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Glitch - OOM-14 (Me and my friend named ourselves OOM-9 and OOM-14 respectively after battledroids in Starwars Galactic Battlegrounds back in the day)

Alkanthe likes this.
  13. DukeLebowski

DukeLebowski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Duke Pluglord

Needless to say it's a floran

14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Actually I think that was kinda necessary, since the name sounds a lot more Glitch than Floran, at least to me. :p

Gav Featherbeak likes this.
  15. Gav Featherbeak

Gav Featherbeak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm Gav Featherbeak, avian adventuring around all areas available.

Alkanthe likes this.
  16. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

*applauds alliteration*

ZAYABUCKET likes this.
  17. Midoss

Midoss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ZUO
    because we are playing this game whit my friends and they calls me zuo (my real name is uğur they used zuğur first and than they started use ZUO shortly :nurumad:)

Alkanthe likes this.
  18. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Hmm, well.

I started by using the floran random name generator to get a feel for their normal names, i quickly came to the conclusion that florans typically have very simple names, names that describe what they do or things they have done.

They would for example name a warrior or hunter something like creature* stabber (*creature in this case can be allmost anything, like ape, monster, fish, etc). Or Night Stalker, etc. Very simple names that describe what they do.

So since my floran was a farmer i named it Dirt Digger.

Alkanthe likes this.
  19. DukeLebowski

DukeLebowski Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Was messing around, it's actually a fearsome glitch : 3

20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

...why would you do that.

DukeLebowski and Gav Featherbeak like this.