1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats your characters backstory?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Master Automan IV, Jan 9, 2016.

1. OneLessLonelyGlitch

OneLessLonelyGlitch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm almost finished with the game on my character Dometank, so i wanted to start a new character. A Hylotl.

Name: Kaito Gyojin

Traditional name: Patient Kaito, Vengeful Kaito

"I used the know of happiness."
    "I once saw trees bloom with pink leaves"
    "We were peaceful, we were happy, but also naive"
    "We opened our hearts and our homes to others...only to lose it"

I used to swim in the deep seas of our homeland, my family dined on the finest cuisine, and if we left our home we would spread the ideology of peace. We only wanted peace...but then the war came. We fought for our home, our RIGHT to a home! The Floran invaded our home world, driving us away, driving us APART! Our culture was torn apart, our lives were taken...and now we live among the stars. (sigh) It's been years since I've seen our once beautiful home world. I live on in the hopes that i can rebuild a world, in the hopes that i can make a new home. My name is Kaito. My parents worked as Peacekeepers. The traditional way of the Hylotl is peace, knowledge, and beauty. I have heard stories of my people becoming angry, violent people, killing the Floran for revenge. My traditional name used to be Patient Kaito. I was know to never let my anger consume me...but what happened to our people is killing me inside. I refuse to kill in the name of "revenge". At least, that WAS my way. Now, i travel looking for something. What do i want? I want my people to be happy. I want my parents to be here with me. As i said before It has been years since that event, and now in the name of my family, my friends, my PEOPLE, i am Vengeful.

2. Master Automan IV

Master Automan IV Phantasmal Quasar

A good representation of a lot of floran backstory's.

606Kitty606, TTStooge and Lintton like this.
  3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Just think of them as a lot of little green "Lu Bu"s.

TTStooge and Master Automan IV like this.
  4. Master Automan IV

I will try.
    *Trying*
    Oh, wait I think I got it.
    *trying intestifies*
    Ah, it's not working.
    Well at least I tried.

(THAT'S WHAT COUNTS.)

TTStooge likes this.
  5. Master Automan IV

TOP 7 RACES WITH THE MOST EDGY CHARACTERS!
    These include:
    edgy backstory's.
    edgy agendas.
    edgy personality.

From what i've seen.
    And just for fun.

1.Human
    2.Hylotl
    3.Avian
    4.Floran
    5.Apex
    6.Novakid
    7.Glitch

The Squid likes this.
  6. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Edgemaster Lintton totally wants to hear more backstories. :)

7. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Alright, ready for an edgy Human back story that I just made up?

Daniel Carter was 45 when Earth was attacked. He was having a mid-life crisis and getting a divorce with his wife, after she had lost their second baby and blamed him for it. Daniel managed to get on a ship before the planet exploded, but his ex wife and nine year old son were killed. As he flew away, he went into the bathroom to cry, sealing the airlock behind him. Two minutes later he heard an explosion. When he left the bathroom five hours later, he found that every single passenger on board -including the pilot- had been killed. The ship's autopilot had landed them safely. Unfortunately for Daniel, the planet was populated by Hylotls who constantly made him feel bad about himself. At the age of 46 he hung himself in his home in the Hylotl village, quickly becoming one of the dankest and most popular memes on the internet.

8. TTStooge

TTStooge Big Damn Hero

But if he's dead then how are you still- oh yeah that's right respawning yeah.

The Squid likes this.
  9. Master Automan IV

Up until the hylotl bit, thats a majority of backstory's.

The Squid likes this.
  10. haynesy566

haynesy566 Heliosphere

I present to you all my favourite character, Kiro. He's my in-game character, RP character and I've even wrote a fan fiction with him in it!

Race: Hytol-Floran hybrid.
    Appearance: Tall, muscular, dark blue scales that have a barky texture and dressed in merc gear.
    Story: Kiro was raised as a Hytol by his father on the largest of the Hytol planets. His father was a botanist and was exploring a neighbouring planet when he was captured by a lone Floran living in the jungle. Later Kiro was born and his father raised him on his home world just like any other Hytol, however Kiro knew he was different and often got in fights at school about his weird scales. One day when Kiro was 17 the Hytol officials took his father away to be killed, brimming with anger and sorrow,Kiro fled the planet on his father's exploration cruiser. He lived in large cities on the few metropolitan planets for five years, learnt to fight and took on mercenary work wherever he could get it. One day he was on a mission to retrieve a powerful object from a desert planet... And that's where his story ends and he meets with my other characters whom I may post about later on.

Master Automan IV and The Squid like this.
  11. Master Automan IV

Great I'm looking forward to it.

haynesy566 likes this.
  12. Macadam

Macadam Starship Captain

My Florian is trying to grow a partner Florian by gardening. This is her response to blood on the wall.
    [​IMG]

The Squid likes this.
  13. VoidGuy

VoidGuy Subatomic Cosmonaut

----LOADING AUDIO LOG: 155.9-b----

Interrogator: What is your name?

Subject: Veral Valerian Vinces Valencia. More V's.. More names.. Heh.

Interrogator: When were you born?

Subject: Before you, before this, before that, before space, before time, before existence. Time is defined how one wishes, so this statement could be false to you, but it is indeed true to me.

Interrogator: Do you know why you're here?

Subject: Apparently, I'm here so you can extract information from me, and later cut my life short. Kill me, if that's how you'd prefer me saying it.

Interrogator: Your race? Origin?

Subject: Human, home planet is Jabbah Wake 3b.

Interrogator: How is that possible, Jabbah Wake 3b isnt catalouged in our settlement database.

Subject: Heh. Let me tell you then...

Jabbah Wake 3b wasn't a settlement, it was a prison. Criminals sent there were either wrongfully accused, or they were there for the most obvious reason, commiting a crime even the Protectorate couldnt cover up. My father was sent there on false accusations of the attempted assassination of the grand protector of the current time. My mother was born there, from a family of trained killers. The two got together really well, and when a mommy and daddy love eachother reaaaally much th-

Interrogator: Stop. I know where this is going and id prefer you not explain that part in depth.

Subject:, What? When tow people on Jabbah 3b love each other really much, they go to the gene collider and make a child! No intercourse required, as human pregnancy is known to slow down productivity in the FACTORIES we worked in. So yeah, i was born. Trained to kill by my mother, and trained to think rationally by my father. I soon took on the name Valencia, my mothers Surname. Didn't know it'd get me here, in this little penal colony of yours. Look, I've had my share of targets killed, and I'm proud of my confirmed Kill Count, but I'm honestly just a space trucker now. There's no issue here! No please, uncuff me. I have matter manipulator shipments to get to earth. Double time. Cmon guy, can't be here fuckin around with you all day.

Interroga[∅∅∅∅):----ERROR---

----SYSTEMS DOWN, ENERGY LEVELS DEPLETED---
    ----THIRTEEN UNITS LOST: KILLER UNKNOWN---

~{Have a good day, and next time you try this with a Valencia, you'll regret it. Sincerely no-ones, Vara Valencia!}~

----AUDIO LOG OF INTERROGATION ROOM 56 ENDED---

Noobgalaxies and The Squid like this.
  14. DJFlare84

DJFlare84 Spaceman Spiff

Kain "DJ" Masters worked a steady 9-7 job for the Protectorate doing tech support.

People called him every day when they had problems with their equipment. And they were never very nice about it.

He would get yelled at every day until he finally convinced the stupid asshole on the other side to try checking to see if the thing was plugged in right and sure enough the dumb f***er didn't have the thing plugged in.

I mean Jesus Christ plugging the damn thing in and turning it on are like the two things you should always do before you f***ing call tech support you f***ing dumb-a** mother f***er (insert endless parade of censored insults).

So one day a novakid named Billy, wanted in many galaxies for various crimes, burst into the office and announced she was going to take Kain hostage.

As a human being, Kain had a very natural reaction.

He leapt into her arms and said "FUCK IT. TAKE ME, I'M YOURS.".

And thus his journey began.

Oh, he was... uh... a part of some prophecy. He wasn't really paying attention.

He was just... so happy to be out of that office. I'm telling you.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017
    Noobgalaxies likes this.
  15. Chernushka

Chernushka Space Spelunker

Nagako (aka, Naga-cocobutt or just Naga) was born in an artsy family, in a Hylotl land village, on an autumn day. Both her mother and father are painters and illustrate books.

But when they saw her eyes for the first time, her mother noticed there was something off. Scared for their daughter's health, her parents brought her to the doctor, and she was diagnosed with a birth defect ; her third eye had no pupil simply because it was blind. She'd never, ever get to see from her third eye, so her parents didn't know what to do with her. They feared she wouldn't make it in the arts because of her "missing" eye, so when they heard about the Protectorate, they chose to send her here when she'd reach age 13. Later, her sister Akane was born, and she didn't have a blind eye.

Nagako had quite a normal childhood, except the other Hylotl children were curious about her weird third eye. They always asked her why it had no pupil, but she didn't even NOTICE it had no pupil. To her, it was normal, and she even believed everyone was like her. After that, she never suffered from the blindness of her third eye, because she never know what it was like to have three eyes. She just enjoyed her life at this stage, switching between periods of being very social and only wanting time alone, and having fun with her friends.

When she was sent to the Protectorate, she just carried on with her studies and was trained to become a Protector, although it wasn't so interesting for her. She just spend her class hours endlessly daydreaming and not paying too much attention, but managed to get average grades, mainly from relying on others for help. Her mind was elsewhere. It was fulfilling the need for adventure she had always had. She needed to see the world, perhaps subconsciously to make up for her blind eye.

After what happened at the beginning of Starbound, she ended up on a planet and learned how to be independent. After quite some time of being hurt, food poisoning, having to hunt, risking her life at times out of curiosity, learning how to cultivate crops, and settling there, then repairing her ship, she traveled space and met the ones who'd become her crew members. Sometimes, when she stopped on a planet, she'd have small affairs with both males and females, though she seems to have a preference in girls. Often, they'd end up not talking anymore after hooking up, but some of her crew members chose to remain friends and followed her through her adventure. Out of her 12 crew members, most are female, and one is a "male" Floran who chose to become civilized. He was a bit looked down upon by the others at first, but is currently making efforts to fit in and seems to adapt, despite still being a Floran.

One time, when she traveled in the Hylotl underwater cities, she saw a female Hylotl who caught her attention, but didn't feel like initiating and just sat there, sipping on some Reef-Cola and stuffing herself with chocolate while remembering she had seen the past months, just as she loved to do. The stranger came to her and they struck up a conversation. It was Tomomi, the one who'd become her partner, the one she'd call her dear Tomo, or "Ms. Applecrumble" due to her sweet tooth. She was quieter than Nagako was, much shyer and less of a risk-taker. After some months of friendship, they noticed their feelings had grown into something else and started their relationship, much to the crew's pleasure. It was the second couple in the crew (the other being a straight couple, Kazuki and Yuki).

Currently, Nagako is traveling from planet to planet, helping people or just wandering around to see the beauty and the wholeness of the Universe, depending on her mood, with Tomomi beside her, and sometimes another friend when they want to go out of the ship for a while.

(Haven't done Reha and Omega's backstory yet, but will do)

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  16. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

I am Soopa, the last Handsome Avian.

I was born on the Handsome Avian homeworld. It was a peaceful and manly place, but one day Asra Nox got into an argument with our great leader, Gye Gan-teec Birdcocc over a misunderstanding regarding his name. She thought that he was sensualistically harassmenting her, so she blew up the planet. I am the last remaining Handsome Avian. I survived because I had the biggest, roundest, smoothest chin and it was able to withstand the blast while the rest of my body was vaporized.

The Miniknog used my chin's DNA to reassemble my body. They tried to make me evil, but once again the power and grace of my chin saved me and reminded me that I was destined to bring peace to the galaxy, not destruction. So I said "YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND ME, YOU'RE NOT EVEN MY REAL DAD!" and then punched Big Ape in the holographic crotch, causing him to keel over in holographic pain. I quickly made my escape, running like a madman and deflecting the occasional laser blast with my sexy eyes. Then suddenly Bigger Ape and Even Bigger Ape (Big Ape's long lost big brothers) appeared. They fired rockets viciously, but I bounced all of them back with my manly pectoral muscles and then they died.

Now I am King Soopa, the Last Handsome Avian. Abandon your dark gods of Kluex and...well...I guess that's it, but still, abandon him and join me, my fellow Avians. I will teach you the ways of chin, the life of chin, the morals of chin, and some day you will evolve into Handsome Avians just like me.

17. Lintton

Lintton Guest

Goodness, I was quite the edgelord back in the day. Time for a rewrite...

18. Sir_Djak

Sir_Djak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[Protectorates Security Pannel]
    [Entering Internal Files]
    [Accessing Peacekeepers Files]
    750Djak######

•#uman, Male, Born #####, ####, Peacekeeper C#ptain rank
    •Med#ls / Tr#phies registered: ##
    •Milit#ry training, ###########################
    •J#b qualificati#ns: Pilot, Soldier, Rescuer, #######
    •BioModif##ations applied: ####ERROR; RANK PASS NON-VALID####

<<Good thing most of it got damaged by the Ruin's attacks, let's finish the job>>
    *erase the file*
    <<"Human".... I wish i knew what it feels like to be fully alive again>>

And then the Protectorate's Peacekeeper Cyborg continues his watchman wandering throught the universe.

19. WallyBW93

WallyBW93 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I wanted a story that fit with my username Wally-Squid since I always name my characters that. You may be surprised to know I'm not Hylotl, I am Floran because I found their race a bit more interesting and I like their ship design.

Name: Wally-Squid
    Race: Floran

Wally was born on a planet with two tribes of Floran, one that supported peace with the Hylotl and another tribe that did not. She was born into the tribe that supported peace and grew up happily there for a few years. That changed, when the Greenfinger of the village decided to invite Hylotl from their Peace and Unification branch to their planet to help with peace effort between Hylotl and Floran. The other tribes greenfinger caught wind of this and ordered an attack on the Wally's village killing most of her family and friends. The Hylotl Peace Convoy came to find much of the village destroyed and the Greenfinger dead. They rescued the few remaining survivors including Wally and took them to one of their many underwater settlements. Their Wally was adopted into Hylotl family and took on the last name Squid. She grew up on this unfamiliar world learning and taking on some of their culture and even joined the Hylotl's Military once she was of age. Their she got valuable combat and engineering experience and then flew off to earth to join and train with the Protectorate. Their she was put in a special division that's main purpose was to unite Florans and Hylotl to achieve peace among the two races. You know what happens next...

With this character I'm trying to fuse both Floran and Hylotl culture and architecture. It's a new character so I haven't gotten far enough to actually to make any colonies that would show this aspect.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017