1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback What's up with the grappling hook?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Xathonn, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Xathonn

Xathonn Void-Bound Voyager

I got starbound when it first released a few years ago, and had played it for a few months after that, and then on and off ever since, been playing it a lot since the 1.0 release and just got a grappling hook and I've noticed they changed them to have about half the range they used to and made it so you can't dual wield them anymore? Why was that changed?

2. SamuFinland

SamuFinland Phantasmal Quasar

I wasted 20 Durasteel on a second Grappling Hook...

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Euh... Oo ?
    You can dual wield them, ya know

4. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Grappling hook has been adressed in the latest patch according to the changelist post

5. SamuFinland

You can but you can only shoot one at a time and can't use the second one while grappled to something. Using two grappling hooks works just like using one, you can just choose which one of the identical hooks to use

6. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Alternating between them makes more sense anyway.

7. SamuFinland

It really doesn't. It has no difference. Only that you can't have anything useful on the other hand

8. korda

korda Pangalactic Porcupine

In today's update:

• grappling hook adjustments; increased range, functional dual wielding
    :D

9. Ainzoal

Ainzoal Ketchup Robot

Actually it does. You can already aim the second one before releasing the first giving you more control over how you swing.

10. SamuFinland

Oh, I didn't know it was updated
    --- Post updated ---
    I love how you can jump on air just by attaching the hook to the ground. If I spam Jump and shooting hooks towards the ground I can have infinite double jumps as long as I'm not too far away from the ground.