1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the number one thing you look forward to seeing in this game.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Grayecastle, Mar 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NotRedigit

NotRedigit Guest

Numerous Terraria References.
    (easter eggs/secret things and/or descriptions hinting towards Terraria)

2. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Well hey there, you look familiar... o_O

x-adam1234-x and Redigit like this.
  3. ante87

ante87 Title Not Found

Cataloging all the cool shit and exploring the cosmos! Also, shooting/slashing/hacking/bludgeoning monsters.

Oh snap!

Redigit likes this.
  4. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I look forward to seeing and collecting weapons and armor/clothes. If vehicles and mounts are procedurally generated then I'll collect those too. :D

5. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

the pet system

6. Kuyon

Kuyon Subatomic Cosmonaut

Exploration.... I can't wait to just land (or teleport whatever method leave me alone :p) on a planet and explore it and build some bases on the really interesting ones for super exploration time!! Also can't wait to see what kind of things/creatures/items/quests we can get from exploring a random planet. ^^

7. Drewdawg

Drewdawg Big Damn Hero

The ability to control the universe's economy. It'd also be nice to have sentient species that pose a threat.

8. Masscreed

Masscreed Void-Bound Voyager

Im looking forward to the Random Creation of almost everything in the game it seems, I want to see how well that turns out.

9. Zenuel

Zenuel Cosmic Narwhal

Constructing my home planet and bases~ :3

10. Deathend

Deathend Pangalactic Porcupine

i want my giant pet frog, or fish whith robotic legs

11. Haunt

Haunt Pangalactic Porcupine

Mechas and Pokemon
    nerdgasm everywhere.

12. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Agreed!
    I think it would be very fun to enjoy with friends!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince SAFETY TORCH! PUT ON STARBOUND!

13. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

This situation:

Some other player: Wanna fight me?

Me: Sure! Just let me get something. *comes back five minutes later in a massive mech*

Other guy: o_O

14. Etalyx

Etalyx Void-Bound Voyager

I just want solid and fleshed out mechanics. I want it to feel solid like Minecraft and Terraria do, in that they both know what they are and play to their own strengths. Starbound sounds like it is trying to do an almost infinite number of things; I just want to see all those things fully baked and not just remain grand ideas, if you know what I mean. Not that I don't have faith in the devs, just too many games before have tried to extend their reach beyond their grasp. I want to see Starbound fulfill all the expectations it has set with all the comparisons and visions of grandeur :)

15. Awesomized

Awesomized Oxygen Tank

Penguins in Mechas. Deadly but cute. :)

16. Starheaven07

Starheaven07 Pyxis Tube

Actually, I hope that there are very little Terraria references. This game is not Terraria 2 and I hope that it does not try to be.

17. Fishbertus

Fishbertus Zeromus

The creature in my contest entry.

*LIKE A BOSS*

18. Acedrew

Acedrew Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really looking forward to exploring the universe with my friends and discovering everything we can. Honestly, my favorite aspect to the game so far is the multiplayer and the fact that it allows you to explore universes and the story together. Next to that, the story is the second feature I am looking forward to the most. How many games with a large portion of their features being sandbox and procedural generation have a great story, or even any story at all? I think that will be one of the more intriguing parts of Starbound to me.

19. Zman12380

Zman12380 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looking forward for the quality (in general), since i am sure that the game is going to be sick.

20. Grayecastle

Grayecastle Big Damn Hero

If it can live up to everything it promises it will be an accomplishment in the gaming world. As much as everyone hates to admit this game is very ambitious almost to the point of TOO ambitious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.