What's The Most Saltiest Thing That Has Ever Happened To You In A Video Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by machupichu18, Feb 16, 2015.

1. machupichu18

machupichu18 Void-Bound Voyager

This thread is really simple, when has a game been mean to you and what is the worst thing that happened to you? I wanna see what has happened to other people to make me feel better just so we can all have a laugh. My most salty moment was in Hearthstone where a parachute animation was happening, I clicked the hero, but it targeted the parachuting enemy, I still won, but it made me really salty. Oh and Starbound Landslides. Yeah, so list your horrible moments here, I really wanna know what has happened to you guys!

Falcon Blue-Sky likes this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

I ate some salt in Skyrim and discovered not one but FOUR alchemical applications. That's pretty damn salty.

3. Colaymorak

Colaymorak Big Damn Hero

Hmm, emotional hit would be Fallout 3. Managed to rescue dad from the vault, by killing everyone inside. By the time I got out I realized that I had turned evil. Then I went to Tenpenny Tower to deal with their ghoul problem, found out that I had inadvertently killed every human in the tower, including that one cool old guy. Then to top the night off I managed to get the entire settlement of Bigtown slaughtered and lost my favorite companion to deathclaws. Also at some point along the way I encountered the guy in the ruins blathering about the worm, tried to reason with him but he died regardless of what I did, assuming he didn't blow me up first.

As for most frustrating: I'd have to say that one fallen elite in the Cosmodrome in Destiny. The one that's like, level six, yet inexplicably has the health of a high level boss. Darn thing killed me several time when I was fighting it.

Higuera, The Alonne and Jonesy like this.
  4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

This -[ MASSIVE SPOILER IF YOU HAVE NOT PLAYED MASS EFFECT 3 ]

5. Kreuz Drache

Kreuz Drache Big Damn Hero

Plays of game of League of Legends.

Against a team with an assassin. The assassin gets crazy fed early on. One of the laners gives up, starts afk farming both jungles and spams surrender vote. However, the gold on our team was more spread out to other members. We were able to win several team fights 4v5, despite having a disadvantage in numbers. The quitter still spams the surrender vote and farms all game. Avoiding team fights constantly.

After around 25-30 min, I finally snapped at him and said a few words that may surprise some users here. Oh boy, was I angry. Possibly the first time in League that I ever got that angry at a player.

Could have VERY easily won the game, if he just drop the emo attitude and actually help with the team, since he was decently ahead too. Nope, just wanted to prove a point. That didn't even exist.

10/10, best game with the best community. (◕‿◕✿)

I admit: I could have handled the situation better and not bite the guy's head off AND I was not playing the best either. But Jesus, don't throw a won game away cause, "Assassin got fed, all hope lost." Especially don't throw it away, when ONE person calls you out on BS behavior. You're only screwing over the three guys that give a damn about the game.

It was normal game, but honestly, "LOL It's normals" should never be an excuse for poor play and poor attitude. That includes myself too.

Amethystumn and BlastRed like this.
  6. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

a moment where i felt salty or "stupit" about a game...hmm....let me give me some trys.

Ok first thing i guess was that sneaking system in TES: oblivion. I mean maybe people remember that game AND the scene where you learn to sneak the first time. to explain the situation short: You are going a lil way down and see a goblin (one of the weakest enemeys ingame) going around the corner, shortly after a lil "pop-up" appiers and tells you how to sneak. Ok i tought and doing it, it was just crouching and be care what im doing wile im crouching. The wierdest part was that this "sneaking" levels up as long as long you sneak ("crouch walking") and the enemy doesnt see you. And here was the lil problem: I had to go away from my XBox (yea, i played it on the XBox 360) and anyhow the moving stick was sliiiiiiiiighty moved to one side so that my character was alltime moving or crouchwalking into a wall where the enemy gobiln cant see me.

As i came back, around 20-30 minuties. i reached in sneaking the "master" level (100). So i had to go back a bit and sleep over the Level-Ups (which were a lot). So after the Level ups, the game must be got a bug coz after i finally sneaked around the corner, the goblin suddendly moved around with 300% of is NORMAL speed and SAW me sneaking (remember, i had the MASTER level...). Of course thru my Level Ups the enemy was of course much stronger and killed me easy. dafuq...

Another thing in another Game was, TF2, I was Playing around as huntsman sniper against a pyro but this pyro was pretty good and airblasted my arrows...
    In one situation. I NEARLY had killed this guy by myself but i missed (sadly) the moment to record this: It was map "Map goldrush" near the first Point for Blue team, were i was in. I saw thiy Pyro and, gladly, he didnt saw me i thought. So i loaded my arrow and shot with full power on him but he saw that and airblasted the arrow back in my direction.

Exactly in THAT moment, A pyro from OUR team came and blasted the arrow in front of me away back to him and as much as i remember, the other pyro blasted AGAIN the arrow away and one time again the pyro in our team did so to but NOT back at him, no, he airblasted this arrow of mine back INTO the sky and HEADSHOTED with MY ARROW a rocket jumping Soldier. Dafuq...

also~
    I guess you never had in your team a AP playing malphite who made a "team fight" ending like this.

1. he comes to late to a team fight
    2. he was top lane and saw we fighting 4vs5
    3. he SLOWLY came down to the middle just after one of us died already
    4. as he was at the middle at the bushes and saw the other team laughing (yea they all stand together and taunted) at us he "ended" the team fight with a PENTAKILL (for people who dont know: a pentakill in LoL means you killed all 5 enemy champions of your OWN.

and now again, it as a malphite who played AP. HIGHLY AP (for people who cant image how he did so, click the HIGHLY AP and look his Ulti...) Now you can guess how the rest of us reacted...

Last edited: Feb 17, 2015
    The | Suit likes this.
  7. Chaosmancer

Chaosmancer Big Damn Hero

That one moment in Rune Factory 4 where the New 3DS had broken controls and had to be exchanged for a new New 3DS and so all of the data was lost. Salt has massively depreciated in value after that. I'd be less salty if I had finished it, but no, I was in the RNG dungeon, and waiting for a kid, now I need to do it all again... after a few other games.

Beelzebub when you have to fight him in the neutral storyline. I ended up being salty because I ended up going for the game breaking team of 'Oh look, these guys repel your shit and have almighty attacks that also debuff you GGWP, I am now going to sail through the rest of the game with my OP team and be bored all the while'.
    I suppose at least that waited until the end game.

Oh, Darkest Dungeon and one of those runs where nothing goes right, surprised by three bandits off the bat, completely murdered my crusader, left everyone else in pretty poor shape, next battle, occultist and cleric died, highwayman survived a deathblow and was left on Death's Door. Needless to say I ran from the battle and the mission cursing the name of RNGesus.

My anti-salt was also Darkest Dungeon shit-tier run, mission objective explore 100% of rooms, leper repeatedly gets critted by Rend for the Old Gods for 14 damage, everyone kept missing, nearing the end, three people were constantly on Death's Door, second to last battle had my cleric party healing to get the three people off Death's Door. Last room. Got surprised by four bandits, three people go straight to Death's Door, and the leper goes God mode, dodges five attacks, survives two deathblows (the other attacks hit the one person that was on high HP), escaped battle thinking 'oh well, at least everyone's alive', room was classed as being explored even though the battle inside wasn't won. All of my salt faded away after that.

Super Smash Bros. online multiplayer. All of it. Although, that may be because I unironically main Meta Knight, and therefore have a bad time when it comes to attack priority and general good getting.

Let's just say that the knight is not the only thing that was fuming by the end of this. Succeed rolling 100 times, fuck up the 101st, die, restart battle. At least it is better than Alonne who has a whole fucking pre-boss area to deal with.

And with other games, I think it is less salt and more outright rage.

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

That scene really got on my feels. It's sad no matter what your previous choices, and whether or not you're paragon or renegade.

Higuera, STCW262 and The | Suit like this.
  9. Kreuz Drache

Kreuz Drache Big Damn Hero

Wait, forgive me. Are you saying all he did was wait till the end of a 4v5, and then just killed them all instead of being with the team and kill them all? Cause if I had a choice, I would take that Malphite any day of the week over the top laner that screwed the mentioned game. At least he did something, if only for the KDA.

10. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

I think League of Legends has the highest "griefer" potential of any game I've played, including MMOs with that stupid goon squad garbage. There's way too many experiences with fmorons throwing games because of some stupid reason, "Mid or I AFK!" comes to mind.

I don't even think it's close, if we're talking about sheer frustration, since it combines virtual challenge with sheer rage. You're trying to win a tough game, and some moron screws it up. You guys come back through skill and teamwork (or the other team blowing up) and then that idiot keeps trying to sabotage it. Etc.

I vote they make a "Salt Lick Malphite" skin with a background of tears.

Kreuz Drache likes this.
  11. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

well, as i said he came up to late, i would say 2 of us already where dead and the others pretty much down. so he was in the bush, waited till the enemy killed the last of us, all of them were PREEEETTTY down, and than he only smashed his ulti in, done - pentakill...

Well LoL has the problem it is a pretty much TEAM play and META play. I like team play games but what i hate is that "play the meta or gtfo". I mean ones i played Malzahar , TOP LANE, and here it comes - AD. Oh and it was a normal game.
    As soon as the game began, "Report Malz for trolling." "Malzahar is an idiot!" Coz why? only i dotn play meta???

At the end my stats were like "14/2/5" as AD MALZAHAR. As i remember, i was SECOND-BEST from my WHOLE TEAM. This day i didnt get ONE report, insteed the enemy team gave me 3 Honorful enemy end reported the others (as much as they told).

I just hate people who say "if youre a AP Champ you FUCKING HAVE TO PLAY AP!!!!!!!!1111111111one". Its not "only" in LoL but how i said, in LoL, this Meta-playing is hard which means you are on a lane, you play a "special" character which is for a "special" lane which also is "specialy" build for. If you dont to that you are a FUCKING NOOB! GTFO!!!! YOU SON OF A B*TCH!!!!!!!111111 (i dont kidden, i got often blamed like that). I mean i like to play NOT in the meta sometimes, mostly in LoL.

Also its a bit funny if i compair it with Dota2

LoL - Easy to play, community like sh*t, people fuck you up if you do only one thing wrong
    Dota2 - Not so easy to understand, community is ok and helpful, if you fuck up and do things wrong they HELP you (something you never see in LoL) and give you advices (WOW!!!! i cant belive it!) and if you lose they are like "GG guys! Was funny!" and enemy team like "You played Well :D" ....holy crap i never saw that in LoL

I mean....honestly, if your team lose BAD its mostly 80% a f*cking shitstorm after the match (and dont say im wrong).

As i said, I like to play teamplay games, if the TEAM ALSO PLAY A TEAM and not Solo, like in Team Fortress 2, i just hate it if COD player came into the game and says "TF2 is shit". And thats the fun part about? they go sniper and the team has already 4 (yea...we need so much...~ (that was ironic!)), complain that noone helps them, srs scam the "E" ("MEDIC!") button and complain noone does the job.

Honestly, a good team doesnt need 4 snipers. If you are a team, you should HELP your team and not complain about a situaton you COULD change.

For that reason i made a lil "teasing" Spray for TF2 i LOVE to use and people who wantto can use it too. OK i rated mature but you cant see anything ;P i made it more "just in case"

[​IMG]

there is maybe no meta in the game coz you can the classes different but still, a teamplay game where you should help your team...

EDIT: Just said you CAN play Malz AD as this video shows us~

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  12. Ruin

Ruin Existential Complex

I'm going to keep this short for the people reading that haven't played the game(s).

I once caught Dialga* in Pokemon Diamond with a normal Pokeball. The game then crashed.
    I once got a Dragonblood* in pre-Dark Arisen Dragon's Dogma, only to die to Petrification.
    I once whittled a Hydra down in Dragon's Dogma with only my fists, to then get eaten with an instant-kill attack.
    I once had fun being a mage, thanks to the full Spectre Armor* set, only to get it nerfed into oblivion.
    My stats glitched in Skyrim while being a vampire, and permanently lowered my Health, Magicka, and Stamina by 62 points.

Dialga is the "face" Pokemon for Diamond. It's the legendary of that respective version.
    Dragonblood is an amazing ring that is hyper-rare and grants 25% resistance to all debuffs.
    The Spectre Armor set is obviously a reference to Terraria. Seriously, that was ludicrous. Spectre set increased Magic damage by a minuscule amount, had low armor on account of it being for mages, but had health steal. Making it the best mage armor in the game. My mage was no longer squishy. But no, apparently, I'm not allowed to have fun in this single player game, so they nerfed it to hell for no good reason. All the while buffing, BUFFING, Melee and Ranged. Melee is already a tank, but now the swords shoot projectiles? That's fair to mages, yup. Reduce Magic Damage by 40% and cap healing at two hearts a second? It's practically worthless now. /endrant

13. Akado

Akado Oxygen Tank

Well, here's the thing. LoL (imo) has the highest griefing potential because every single player has expectations about how the game should be played. You expected that Malphite would join the team for teamfights and that he would contribute with you. That expectation wasn't met, and you were unhappy with the result. Later, your team expected Malz to be played AP, when you wanted to play AD. Their expectation wasn't met, and they were unhappy with the result.

Almost all of the frustration (aside from intentional trolling/griefing) could be solved if people were openly communicating. "Hey guys, I'd like to play AD Malz top, so we'll need another source of AP damage, is that ok?" Or "Hey, it's cool that you picked Malz, but we don't have any other AP, so we really need you to go AP, is that okay if you do AD another game?" Or, "Hey, I'm AP malph, but I need a ton of farm so I'm going to skip most teamfights early on and just concentrate on pushing top and farming. Try to just play a stall game 4v5 while I get big and blow them up later". Or "Well, Malph, if you're not going to join us for teamfights, at least push top and make them think twice about sieging our towers. As long as you aren't just sitting in a brush doing nothing, at least you're getting more farm."

However, I've yet to find a group of people that can actually have open and honest communication without LOTS of drama and backstabbing. Especially in an anonymous/online setting.

tldr; League has all the ingredients to make a masterful rage dish that will be saltier than a saltlick watered with tears of your enemies.

leonD likes this.
  14. Blackleaf

Blackleaf Oxygen Tank

I was playing Sunless Sea and I got a status quality called "Salt's attention".
    Does that count?

Mister Pixel likes this.
  15. Chaosmancer

Chaosmancer Big Damn Hero

All of this League ranting reminds me of someone else getting salty, I was playing Kennen and died once and I got yelled at by someone playing Rammus (generic 'noob Kennen, report'), Rammus then proceeded to die five times (or so) because of towers and then complained that nobody was helping him (he was still going on about how much of a noob I was). I can't remember the exact conversation, but I remember I retorted with something to do with 'at least I don't keep dying by towers', then other people defended me (I had died twice or three times by this point, playing an AS/AP (if I remember my acronyms correctly) Kennen), and he eventually just shut up and kept running into tower bullets. I got awarded some things by my team, can't remember what the awards are now, but still.

Oh, and don't get me started on the times where people stroll around the jungle spamming surrender and our team then going on to win. Seriously, what is the point in surrendering. It's the most boring conclusion to a match, it's not too hard to kill some towers, even when they are marching towards your Nexus. Some people just like spraying their salt everywhere.

16. Crypt_210

Crypt_210 Big Damn Hero

DayZ enough said

PWNn00bsdaily likes this.
  17. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

[​IMG]
    honestly, 100% true. i dont even NEED to add a word.​

18. dilleo

dilleo Starship Captain

Whenever anyone plays a Rag in Hearthstone. Square the amount of salt every time the player gets another of the card.

Or when I'm playing solo with bots in Dota 2.

Or when my team gets smashed by the Reaper's Mamudoon in Persona Q (though easily avoided by buying homunculi).

Other than those, I can't really think of any other times since it's pretty rare for me. Then again I generally don't play salt-inducing games. Or I've probably blocked it out the memories. Will report in again if anything comes to mind.

19. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Ok, so I'm playing Minecraft on a Multiplayer server. I was a long-time regular, and I had been running this restaurant that sold just about everything. I even had a storage room, cellars, employee lounge (nobody worked there though, I was too stingy to pay anybody), and an underground slaughterhouse made with spawners and netherrack. Well, soon enough, somebody built a bakery right across from me. Which I guess wouldn't be so bad, since I sold food, and they sold sweets. But then a hole was blasted into my roof, and my Dragon Egg centerpiece for the Employee Lounge was gone. Sure enough, debris from my roof as well as my dragon egg was in their restaurant. To top it all off, they dug a hidden tunnel into my slaughterhouse and were stealing my meat so they could sell it! So then I paid an admin for a ton of Creeper spawn-eggs, and the rest is history.

20. leonD

leonD Cosmic Narwhal

you know what had come MUCH better~?