Modding Help Whats new?

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Wheee321, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Wheee321

Wheee321 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hello, I've been out of starbound modding for a half year, but today I decided to mod again little things for me (and maybe the starbound community too).
    So I started Starbound again (since a half year maybe little less) and the first thing I noticed was that my half year old mod wasnt recognized because it was in the giraffe_storage/mod folder,
    copied it in the actual /mod -folder but instead of my modded weapon there appeared a perfect generic item.
    So i read the logfile(which is now in the storage folder) and read out that the weaponabilities.config file could not be read. My mod patches this file (weaponabilities.config.patch) and thats actually my question: how did that change?
    and what else changed in the meantime?

Greets,
    Wheee

2. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The text of that file and others probably changed. You know how to unpack the default assets, yes?

3. Wheee321

Yes unpacked the new ones
    The mod works now, the file I copied first was only an empty prototype - my fault. Glad that I backup my files!
    Thanks anyway!
    Are there any major things that changed modding with the last update(s)?

4. IHart

IHart Scruffy Nerf-Herder

nope, the most recent update was just a content update.

5. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Depends... How long ago did you last play SB...?
    If this^ is accurate, then yes. A LOT has changed.

6. Wheee321

What changed since then?

7. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Too many small things for me to remember. A half a year is quite a chunk of time.

I can simply recommend reading recent tutorials, checking out the latest version of the modding e-book, etc.

Nothing like an overhaul to the systems, but enough small things can shatter methodology.