1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What would your world be like?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Steve, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve

Steve Starship Captain

You've been given full customization of you homeworld!
    Suppose you can alter anything in your homeworld, from size to weather.
    What will you do with the whole planet under your reign? THAT IS THE QUESTION!

As for me, Eradicate the plains, a crater of what it once was.
    A land reduced to rubble, a shadow of it's former glory.
    The land scourged with toxic mist. (Gas giant, if you will)
    And from it's ashes I shall erect steel structures.
    Giant pillars, supporting a sky city that shrouds the world in it's shadow.
    Stormy weather is all but foreign.
    'Lo and behold! The planet Bespin, where Steve overlooks from the cloud city!

TL;DR
    I'll recreate the planet Bespin from Star Wars.

Wuzhles likes this.
  2. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

Well damn, that was my dream. I guess I am the one who must recreate Alderaan now. Hopefully this time the Death Star is a no-show.

Khaan likes this.
  3. Bomb

Bomb Title Not Found

I laughed at this.

But yeah I don't know what I would make. I'll probably just want something prehistoric with dinosaurs of all sizes on it, forcing the colony to dig below the surface and create underground cities else get hunted by the carnivorous predators that roam the vast plains on the surface.

4. Gemini

Gemini Subatomic Cosmonaut

My would would be a remake of the Death Star... Preferably fully functional.

Attempts at humor aside, I'd make a planet with thick clouds and floating platforms. But, on the surface of the planet, hidden by the barrier of clouds would be a planet of sparkling blue water, red grass and a volcano, cheerfully puffing out the odd smoke that would form the non-toxic clouds. Going further, into the large blue oceans would then reveal a glass dome with a civilization of lizard people and humans, prospering out of sight of pirates(of the sea or space) and thugs.

5. diskincluded

diskincluded Big Damn Hero

Going by my success at creating things in Dwarf Fortress, any planet I create will be littered with the bodies of people I tried to help. :(

jon218 likes this.
  6. Ozaku

Ozaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

A hobbit hole. A peaceful hobbit hole, that doesn't look suspicious in the slightest.

With a press of a button (hidden somewhere in the house), the walls of the hobbit hole flips, displaying screens beeping multiple colours and graphs, and an array of giant laser guns and electrical charged power swords. The hobbit hole lifts upwards, ripping the dirt and grass it was on, to reveal that it is in fact a giant bipedal robot with a fully functional tomato garden. The top of the hill that was ripped upwards opens, revealing the cockpit, and with a press of another button, the bottom of my robot opens, dropping small droids to fight for me.

Well I can dream. I'm serious about the Hobbit hole though.

7. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

First a ghost planet,
    Then a tentacle planet,
    Then a farm planet,
    Then I will visit the tentacle planet again.

Narutoman likes this.
  8. Nomicakes

Nomicakes Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh jeez... my world will likely be completely uninhabitable on the surface, being covered in lava, obsidian landmasses, boiling lakes with beaches of sulphur kept liquid only due to the intense atmospheric pressure full of sulphur, nitrogen and ozone.
    Underground would be a vibrant, colorful humid jungle of massive cave networks, lit by glowing fungi; the creatures therein having evolved bioluminescence determined by their role of either hunter or hunted. Plantlife would be full of nutrients; much of the larger plants rsembling upside-down trees, the roots breaking through the obsidian crust above to acquire some of the more volatile gases and minerals necessary for their survival, commonly around the sulphur-ringed lakebeds.

I could always expand on this, being somewhat of a sucker for writing and world creation, but I'll just leave this here for now.
    (First post!)

Ghostar likes this.
  9. Ozaku

Ozaku Subatomic Cosmonaut

And your first post is awesome. That left the perfect image of the scene in my mind, damn now I want to try that.

10. Nomicakes

Thankyou! I didn't even get started on the sub-level H2O oceans, several miles deep...

11. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

I'm contracting aperture science to build my planet :D

12. Savo the Guardian

Savo the Guardian Master Chief

i'm hoping there will be an eternal night planet... Then I would find a way to make a main base there, with a huge observatory as my home... If thats possible

Nomicakes likes this.
  13. Nomicakes

Hmm... my planet wouldn't be capable of an observatory without alot of technological input to crreate a hermetically-sealed dome to prevent the toxic atmosphere from leaking into the jungle below :(
    But I do like the idea of an eternal-night planet!

Ozaku likes this.
  14. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

A planet which is completely lava, except for one island. :3

15. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

Man, with all those exciting ideas here, I think my planet would be a little boring.

It would be a forest planet, not a rainforest, but a simple, peaceful, lively terraria-like forest.
    The sun would shine most of the day, the animals would hop around, and be cheerful,
    the NPCs would live happily together, taking only what they would need,
    and all would be good. A perfectly quiet place to start my adventure, i guess! :)

16. Steve

Steve Starship Captain

That sounds like a nice place to have home base, Madmarion.
    I always liked things that feel like home, sadly home cannot compete with the Cloud City of Bespin!

Madmarlon likes this.
  17. I want a gas planet. Nothing but a crushing gravity/poisonous gas death on the bottom, and floating artificial islands/cities/stations on the surface.

18. Cobalt16

Cobalt16 Pangalactic Porcupine

I want a planet where there are penguins and hell monsters living there at the same time. Just because it does NOT MAKE SENSE!

Inferno_Draconis likes this.
  19. BurningMercury

BurningMercury Title Not Found

id love an ocean world with my base either floating just under the surface or sat on the seafloor miles underwater preferably with cybernetic sharks and stuff to defend it.

20. Starbound

Starbound Void-Bound Voyager

Aquatic... :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.