1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do if you turned into your current starbound character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NoahGoldFox, Sep 5, 2016.

1. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Man, so many puns on death I could make right nowX3

Surenu likes this.
  2. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Dead on, you just killed it ;)

3. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I had a bone to pick with it :iswydt:

4. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

I'd probably suffer a nervous breakdown about the fact that, having suddenly become non-human, I'd have no goddamn idea what sort of unique biological/hygiene needs my species has. That, and I'd probably break the universe, given that I can think of a number of incredibly destructive/useful applications (that are not used in canon) for technology that already exists in Starbound.

D.M.G. and TTStooge like this.
  5. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Tho, most races could survive with a "human" diet, at least I think

6. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I'd be cool with that. My character is currently cosplaying as Asuka. So I wouldn't mind becoming her.

I'd just probably build a nice house on a ocean biome somewhere. Ruin is dead, Nothing really else much for my character left to do

7. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

The fact that any character, regardless of species, is capable of eating food that is full of battery acid makes me wonder how different a "normal" human in Starbound's timeframe is compared to someone from the current time period. I mean, humans can keep up with florans, despite the latter not only being capable of photosynthesis but traditionally having an extremely high-energy diet as well. That's not something you or I could do. We're talking a species with enough energy to punch a bear's head off. So, yeah, I'd probably spend a good portion of the five thousand pixels per day my character makes from her fluffalo farm giving myself the education normally given to young children of her species. Except in the case of the Floran character I started recently. I don't think I need to learn "fire bad, but with great fire comes great food".

8. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

This is a universe in which eating chili peppers literally sets you on fire. Serious world building was clearly not a huge priority.

9. Forcedminer

Forcedminer Pangalactic Porcupine

I would beep.........but in a happy way.
    and set my facial led's to ^^ mode.

10. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

I mean, if you stick to Earth dishes xD

11. Maethendias

Maethendias Phantasmal Quasar

same for me

12. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

Personally, I blame 4c 69 67 68 74 for that.

13. Mallad5

Mallad5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I would go around murdering everything in sight because I would be bored of building..... In a lava ocean....

14. Valshax

Valshax Intergalactic Tourist

Probably re-enact trials in tainted space.

krylo and Nefer007 like this.
  15. maestro kitty

maestro kitty Aquatic Astronaut

I'd have to get used to being made of star matter, but I'd probably keep building houses for tenants until I got bored. After that, I'd just go exploring.

16. Sir_Djak

Sir_Djak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There is still sodas and donuts so i would probably be ok with that :confirm:

17. Greenfinger Abibi

Greenfinger Abibi Void-Bound Voyager

I'd probably attempt to be the next Poison Ivy if my character is secretly a greenfinger
    I'd also probably continue to stay inside my tribal floran-prison like kingdom, and while I'm trying to be the next poison ivy (arkham asylum type), I may as well uproot the neighboring Apex rebel camp and turn it into an overgrown, abandoned base for both the plants and my personal gain

Or if I'm not a greenfinger, I'd just probably try to do the same thing but with poisonous plants, I mean, there has got to be ONE poisonous plant in this vast, infinite universe, right?

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
  18. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

I would go to the Beakeasy in the outpost and drink. Drink a lot. And invite @Surenu over.

After all, my current Starbound character never died, he survived the entire journey and the Ruin and FU. And now he can just build a home and improve the ship and be a good Protectorate Member.

Surenu likes this.
  19. Grubageddon

Grubageddon Title Not Found

I would probably die from shock and pain as my bones and organs were horribly stretched, and smushed, and broken down, and remade, and generally reorganized with nary a concern for how they're supposed to be put together.

EDIT:

Frankly, we don't know if the Ruin is genuinely evil or not, because evil requires intent. We don't know that the Ruin is genuinely sapient and sentient, and as such we cannot know that it has intent. It could just be a giant space squid that's just doing what giant space squids do; in that case it wouldn't be evil, but the rest of the sapient life in the universe is under extreme threat as long as it lives, so naturally they're going to try to kill it. That's that sense of self-preservation at work.

As for what it destroyed? We don't really know what all it destroyed. According to historical records, it evidently destroyed quite a lot in Ye Olden Days.

When you kill the cultists in-game, it's always a matter of self-preservation, again. The only communication they're interested in with you is the communication between their guns and your face. Diplomacy isn't an option.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017
    STCW262 likes this.
  20. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

The cultists are basically space nazis, so yeah, communicating peacefully doesn't really work.