1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What would you do if you turned into your current starbound character?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by NoahGoldFox, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Dante1120

Dante1120 Astral Cartographer

Help people, why? Just commit genocide and RULE THE UNIVERSE. Also planet obliteration tech... neato.

2. KRANOT

KRANOT Big Damn Hero

i would probably panic about how i lost so much lifetime because my character is an old man (apex)..... soooooo yes panic

3. Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

I would go beat up Asra Nox badly with my gohei before having tea with her afterwards and making sure she doesn't act up again, exterminate the Ruin with talismans, and develop a combat system that is non-lethal so people can settle their dispute without killing each other? What is the reason for me doing all of these precise things?

Because I am Reimu

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
    Nefer007 likes this.
  4. Dante1120

Dante1120 Astral Cartographer

Uh... ultimate medic or something?

5. Dodging Rain

Dodging Rain Phantasmal Quasar

Oh right, I should link specifically to whom I am referring to.

6. TheNextDecade

TheNextDecade Phantasmal Quasar

I'd probably stay at home, improve it, sometimes get out to get more coal and just surf the galactic internet. My character lives in a cold environment, which I like, they have a built house, a farm with everything you'd need including ore plants, etc. etc.
    Basically I'd live my daily life, but with less stress. Also I'd be a fluffy space raptor.

7. Omegagreen

Omegagreen Starship Captain

Depends which one:
    Francis: Lament being an old man with a receding hairline... then remember "Wait. I'm Francis now. As in, Francis who battled the mother poptop in his underwear with nothing but a pistol, bow and some dirt at 62 years old. I am now 'Floran' Francis the human. I. Am. Awesome!"
    Pablov: Remark at the ability to grow chest hair. Speak in a russian accent. No clue what next.
    Ihuaman: Completely freak out because not only am I a bird now, but I'm a girl. Finish that house on the snow planet and find out what snow really like for the first time in my life. I like the cold.
    Peroxide: Go everywhere, do everything. The universe is at my fingertips. Live in a big-windowed house on a snow planet and just have a good time.
    Magnesiumdraw: Cower.

8. Kilowolf

Kilowolf Big Damn Hero

I would roll into a ball on my ship, cover myself in food and cry because I'm playing a perma death character.

9. Xen_Glaris

Xen_Glaris Void-Bound Voyager

All those innocent I killed? NOPE NOT GONNA HAPPEN! D:

10. The_Hacker_King

The_Hacker_King Void-Bound Voyager

Not much will change, really...
    My character is me with blonder hair and practically a hot-blooded-stomachless boss. First, since i'm admin, and have more control, i would summon my other characters, then unadmin. I would then marry my fenerox outlaw npc, Nix. Alot of stuff will happen afterwards. Revive the ancient guy, find Arsa Nox (she still alive!), and befriend an Avali outpost. Also, if i'm lucky, i will learn coding BEFORE this happens, so i'll be a shapeshifter.

11. littlestabber

littlestabber Void-Bound Voyager

ssstab!!!!

12. Albirei

Albirei Phantasmal Quasar

Ryll (M): FREAKING SPACE DRAGONS YEAH!!! I would be super happy to be a dragon... and with a laboratory that's TO DIE FOR! "Rinehart - Ryll, what does the scouter say about his power level? Ryll - It's over 9000!!!!!"

Muramasa (M): Build up my armory and craft the perfect blade. Then try to assert my position as the best swords...mon... in the universe. "I break ALL your bricks with my aura! Oh, and don't forget my sassy beret!"

Primrel (F): Big fluffy ears and SUPER ADMIN POWERS for learning how all my mods (what are those anyway?) work? Yes please. "Seriously guy, don't make me stand here and smash your atoms to little bits."

Nako (F): So... um... now my gender has changed? Uh-oh. *blushes* Oh yeah, but I'm also the loneliest hardcore, survivor, fluffy, space raptor. "RIP Recu, you were the first. RIP Parker, I hardly knew you. Thanks for nothing, Max... good riddance! Please don't die, Ren; you're so much like Recu."

Talii (F): Somehow I'd never be able to shake the feeling that my life is someone's strange experiment to see if a fluffy space raptor can survive on one life... whatever that means. "Aaaaaand that makes floor number 35... I should really go get some decent ores... right... after... this next greenhouse..."

13. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

I would do exactly what I am doing right nowX3 kill every black knight (they re hostile) in this underground Glitch Castle I found and settle in as my home!

14. ExplorerRowan

ExplorerRowan Aquatic Astronaut

Honestly, if I turned into a Hylotl girl with a spaceship and a matter manipulator, I'd probably do what I already do in the game, which is explore every planet I can reach, talk to every strange alien I meet, and build a bunch of weird & cute colonies I'm probably not really going to visit again.

Although, I'd probably find a way to bone down with the adorable Floran first officer & mechanic I met who keeps making flirty emotes at me. I don't know how that would work, a salamander/fish and a plant, but we'd find a way. End years of racial hate!

Seriously, they're so damn cute.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2017
    Nefer007 and maestro kitty like this.
  15. T0ASTY

T0ASTY Aquatic Astronaut

I wouldn't have to eat. I'm a glitch. OH NO! DEBUGGERS!!! PLEASE DON'T FIX ME!!! NOOOO!!!!! X_X (get it?)

16. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Considering how often I die in combat I'd not leave my house. Ever.

17. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Welp, in Starbound you can resurect, so that wouldn't be much of an issue

Surenu likes this.
  18. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Yeah, but I suppose that's still rather painful.

19. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Yep, but better feel that than be dead :D

Surenu likes this.
  20. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

In a sense though the pain will never really cease, you will die over and over and over and over and over again.