Modding Help What to change for 1.3 Race mod compatibility

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by DrPvtSkittles, Jun 9, 2017.

1. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

Hiya

I understand with the new patch, race mods need to change the captain's chair and add some kind of mech cinematic. I'm struggling to find out what exactly the changes I need to make to my race mods are. Studying other mods hasn't helped me as of yet.

2. Chofranc

Chofranc Pangalactic Porcupine

If you have a custom captain chair, you must change this line:
    "interactAction" : "openCockpitInterface"
    To:
    "interactAction" : "ScriptPane",
    "interactData" : "/interface/cockpit/cockpit.config"

And for the cinematics, copy this 5 files from \cinematics\teleport:
    • deploy_human.cinematic
    • deploypod_human.frames
    • deploypod_human.png
    • deploypodin_human.frames
    • deploypodin_human.png

Change human word for your racename also you must change that inside deploy_human.cinematic too.

If you want a mech to test this, the penguin that gives you a mech is under penguin pete in the sewers.

Lindazana and DrPvtSkittles like this.
  3. DrPvtSkittles

Thank you so much! Your help is much appreciated.

4. mrpie

mrpie Void-Bound Voyager

Hey I'm fairly new to Starbound modding, what file do I need to find to change these lines?

5. DrPvtSkittles

Assuming you are using my Race Template Mod, it will be \objects\ship\sktestcaptainschair for the captains chair.

Then cinematics\teleport for the deploypod files.

6. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Hey skittles, Can you post on your mod that you NEED to use a species name in ALL lowercase letters for the mod to work right. Been helping someone all day figure out why their character images weren't showing, and once I figured out it was just a Uppercase letter from using the Race Template, we got it working, but then we had to change a ton of other files to lowercase because more crashes started happening from fixing the first issue. We finally got it all working, but it would have been a lot less headache just typing in lowercase species names from the start :)

7. Marinebeast

Marinebeast Existential Complex

I'm super grateful someone made this post, because it would've taken me a bit of extra time to figure out what the update had done otherwise!
    Thanks a ton! <3

8. DrPvtSkittles

That's a sound idea.

projectmayhem likes this.