What people don't want to see in Starbound?

Discussion in 'Other' started by werty11109, Jul 22, 2012.

1. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

But they can only choose a handful of aquatic lifeforms, and they would just be the heads-- All the races will be humanoid.

There are just too many examples of collective robot races in Sci-Fi. I think this would be a bad move for a playable race. The player should be able to customize their character and feel like they are unique and not part of some collective, and they shouldn't have to be "defective" or "rogue" to do so. A collective is not a very interesting political structure and would be less fun for story purposes as well.

Each race will have unique crafting recipes, but they will be able to obtain the recipes of other races and probably wear armor from other races.

My first character will probably be Chozo Avian. I'm also looking forward to fighting Metroids Virorbs, and exploring dungeons with pools of Phazon Acid.

2. Bombzero

Bombzero Giant Laser Beams

Oh god I hate that one. "This race is a collective artificial intelligence but don't worry when you play as one it's because you're a rogue member of the society"

3. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

There is nothing, NOTHING that I dont want to see in this game!
    Slenderman!? Give him his own gray dark planet to scare the soul out of my bones!
    Pokemon!? Make cheap references with funny random encounters!
    Minecraft!? Well I expect to see a Creeper easter egg!
    BRING
    IT
    ON!
    (Edit) dont worry
    Im Ready....png

Auraknight likes this.
  4. Vegas

Vegas Subatomic Cosmonaut

Flying red dildos.
    I'm sure someone has mentioned this but...
    Have you thought about what happens when you dig to the center and begin heading to the "sister point"?
    Which way is up? Which way is down? Which direction do you go when you jump? What happens to gravity?

5. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

Ok so giant red flying dildos is a no go but Im pretty sure you knew what I meant

Auraknight likes this.
  6. Arretez

Arretez Spaceman Spiff

In the center of a planet, the gravitational pull is both equal and opposite in all directions. So, you would essentially float in one place. But, that doesn't mean that there would be no gravity. Though it may seem like there is zero gravity, if you tried to move, you would be pulled right back to the center after oscillating like a yo-yo for a bit. Over time, you'd probably succumb to insanity due to the imposing feeling of weightlessness and nonexistence. This would actually make a perfect trap for griefers. Perhaps you make a very nice house or something and, when they try to destroy it, they fall into the planet's core and become imprisoned.
    Yes... Their time will come... :sneaky:

Auraknight likes this.
  7. survivorization

survivorization Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You'll eventually hit nonbreakable rock to keep that from happening.

8. I like this topic's idea. It's a good thing to know what people would not like to see in a very-likely future purchase.

Like some people have stated, I'm also not a big fan of potions' cooldown. Perhaps this cooldown could be reduced to merely a few seconds. However, this might make PvP battles long and perhaps even a bit odd. Maybe have longer cooldowns trigger during PvP? /shrug

Still, I'm not much of a PvP person. I'm much more interested in either co-op or single-player, so if potions could be slurped one after-another, it would be a plus in said situations. :DD As a wise man once stated in the internet, in non-pvp aspects, fun should come over balance. :alien:

Another thing that I wasn't very happy with in Terraria was being locked in Hard mode after defeating the Wall of Flesh. I think it could be more user-friendly if after defeating a very difficult boss, a harder difficulty level were to be unlocked (this harder difficulty would, obviously, make enemies harder but also better drops could be found in the world) and then people could choose in whichever difficulty they wanted to play.

Thanks for reading!

9. DeadlyLuvdisc

DeadlyLuvdisc Oxygen Tank

Tiy has said there will not be potion cooldown, if I am not mistaken.
    I suspect that the remedy to potion abuse will be the items will cause you to regenerate over time, like a regeneration buff.
    Also, I'm hoping for pain pills that give temporary health that goes away over time, as well.

As for difficulty levels, the planets will each have their own threat level. That way, you can progress while being able to return to easier worlds.
    So I guess both of those things won't be in the game. : D

Keeper likes this.
  10. Dr scoobie

Dr scoobie Giant Laser Beams

so if you reach the end of map then you teleport to the other side.
    and if you reach the top of map you teleport a few blocks down.

sounds good.

bounding star likes this.
  11. Awwkaw

Awwkaw Starship Captain

a tail, wich is so rare, that the one whom wears the tail shall never die, the one whom wears the tail shan't be afraid of the dark, and at last but not least, the one whom wears the tail shall be god!!!

I'd really like to see toast thou :rofl:

12. Rox

Rox Void-Bound Voyager

I still think there should be some sort of cooldown for it, not as large as the Terraria one, but one that will keep players from mass producing healing items and spamming them to stay alive.

13. Chainsaw surgeon

Chainsaw surgeon Scruffy Nerf-Herder

References to any bad memes or internet fads.
    Yes, that is more important than any other problem that may rise up.

14. seklay

seklay Starship Captain

- fast progress
    - no endgame like in terraria :S
    - overpowered weapons/gear

15. I hope that players will need to go to a specific area on the planet in order to be beamed up to the ship/spacestation. I think that if people can teleport from anywhere on the planet, even if it's limited to the planet's surface only, the survival/adventure aspect of the game will diminish, since players can just escape at any given time.

I'm not entirely sure how that will work. This was just a thought that crossed my mind earlier today.

Lizard and seklay like this.
  16. seklay

seklay Starship Captain

i agree.
    too easy to avoid death and you cant get lost deep underground like in terraria... good old times haha

Lizard, Rox and Keeper like this.
  17. Dr scoobie

Dr scoobie Giant Laser Beams

you die end up at ship and head back to the planet and explore the cave again

or you beam back to ship, heal your self and head back to the planet and explore the cave again.
    depending on the circumstance dying could be the complete opposite of an inconvinience.

you must realise that
    both of them are inconviniences and both therefore serve thier purpose.

Arretez and Awwkaw like this.
  18. Vad

Vad Space Hobo

Unicorns, but if they are on a planet I can destroy.. I suppose it's ok.

19. Auraknight

Auraknight Weight of the Sky

i was refering no RPing,
    not my normal hunting.

20. MetalManII

MetalManII Master Chief

I would perfer to not see a way to be invincible for too long. Something like the ubercharge in TF2 would be fine, but, A fair a game is a good game in my opinion, so, i vote for balancation.