1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your weapon preference?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lavender Aces, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Lavender Aces

Lavender Aces Space Spelunker

I'm interested to see what weapons type gets used the most? I'm personally a spear or broadsword man for a primary, and a chakram or boomerang for a secondary.

What do you use?

2. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Spear and Akimbo's (2 one handed guns)
    Sometimes also shield and a gun if necessary

Lavender Aces likes this.
  3. Flannel

Flannel Subatomic Cosmonaut

I actually like how staves work now, so I use them. Back before they changed how the magic system worked, it was abysmally terrible and not worth going for on any level, but now it's decent enough to where I like to use it. (though it's still super underpowered in quite a few cases)

I'm not a big fan of Stbd's spears, surprisingly. I love spears. And halberds.

4. Lavender Aces

Interesting! I've never tried two handed pistol wielding. Personally, I've never been a fan of the shields. Of course, this means I burn through bandages SUPER quickly. But I guess once you have end-game armor it isn't that bad.

5. Lavender Aces

That's cool! I've never been a fan of the staves or wands myself. I guess I never got used to the high damage but really low rate of fire. Though I can't judge anyone for using weird weapons, I use the neo chakram which isn't all that good for my style. It looks so cool though :/

6. Flannel

Flannel Subatomic Cosmonaut

Before staves stopped sucking, I used fists. Which weren't even remotely decent at the time either, but hey, they were hella neat.

7. Mythril-Jelly

Mythril-Jelly Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hmm... With secondary attacks around, I seem to base a lot around them.

I tend to use a broadsword if I find one with Super Spin Slash, I'll use a staff if I can find one with a healing field.

Otherwise I really love the Erchius Eye, flashy purple lasers and crystals have always been my thing and I'm glad it's upgradeable now.

8. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

*take a look at his wardrobe, full of guns, rifles, shotguns, bazooka, and a few more silly weapons*

Welp.

One can say I like guns of all sortX3

9. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I tend to use the procedural short-swords and machine pistols until I reach tier 5 items, then I switch to the Violuim Shortsword and Agisalt Pistol as my primary weapons, since that load out allows me to have a health item in my off hand all the time. For boss fights I tend to use rocket launchers that have homing as a secondary attack to counter bosses that move around a lot (Big Ape, Dreadwing, and some Vault Guardians for example).

I also found out that an upgraded crystal eye is good to use for the Glitch mission replays since both of the weapon's attacks mow down cultists quickly and the beam rips apart the Bone Dragon fast when paired with the Perfectly Generic armor set.

10. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Double claw fists, the dash is so good. My ranged weapon is a shotgun with the blast secondary attack. It does so much damage, and it pierces.

11. Lavender Aces

Cool! You're the only one I've seen using shotguns - congratulations on being a special star ;)

12. BPStuart

BPStuart Phantasmal Quasar

Either spear or pistol and dagger/ one handed sword.
    Sometimes i do Sword and wand.

13. Gon009

Gon009 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Assault Rifle with explosive burst. My personal favorite. No random generated mob can even get close to me.
    When I want to get the job done as fast as possible, double grenade launchers shooting proximity mines.
    When I'm bored, akimbo machine pistols with highest fire rate possible, so I can lock enemies in one place because each hit slows down the enemy.

I have in my backpack staff with energy zone just in case I want to do a vault and I don't want to wait for energy in last room. Also I keep staff with healing zone for obvious reasons.

14. Sharp(JQ)

Sharp(JQ) Ketchup Robot

Pistol and flashlight. Or sniper rifle at closerange.

15. Jerln

Jerln Oxygen Tank

Well I'm already up close to enemies because of my claws, so I figured I can get a shot off with my shotgun first to make sure the dash kills them.

16. Lavender Aces

Ah I getcha. Smart!

17. Kalteas

Kalteas Poptop Tamer

I use dual-Aegisalt pistols for the time being. I prefer assault rifles, but haven't explored T6 planets enough yet to have a good one. I use a spear as a secondary, but basically never run out of energy. =P

18. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

I use spears primarily, especially if it has whirling blade. 2-handed swords and sword shield as an alternative when I don't have a spear I like. A sniper is secondary along with a smg just in case I want to have distance shots or to initial battle. I have a healing staff I keep in reserve, primary doesn't truly matter since I mainly only use the healing part.

That is my primary character though. I will use what ever I come across that I like.

19. Lord Balkara

Lord Balkara Big Damn Hero

Assault rifle with high DPS, and Lance secondary.
    Hammer with high Damage (Different from DPS), and Energy Aura Secondary.

20. maestro kitty

maestro kitty Aquatic Astronaut

I like using guns in general (especially sniper rifles), but I also love spears with the "Rocket Spear" secondary.