1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your least favorite species?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Manman179, Jun 22, 2015.

?

What is your least favorite species?

1. Apex

19 vote(s)
    27.5%
  2. Human

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  3. Florian

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. Hylotl

10 vote(s)
    14.5%
  5. Glitch

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. Avian

14 vote(s)
    20.3%
  7. Novakid

7 vote(s)
    10.1%
  8. Other

2 vote(s)
    2.9%
  9. None

11 vote(s)
    15.9%
  10. All

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

I don't really like the avians not because they are bird people but they have my least favorite culture. The apex are scientific, the novakid are western, etc. But the avian are more Egyptian, burying their dead very fashionably, wearing not very much clothing, of which consists of skirts and half-torso shirts. Also they seem to have a very fruit/plant based diet, and I love a good alien rib! I really like all the races, but if I had to choose my least favorite, it would be avian.

2. Mau5GoneMad

Mau5GoneMad Subatomic Cosmonaut

:fireball::mad::down:[DOUBLEPOST=1435179666][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Come on, you must hate the humans more than the rest!

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  3. Slippery Slime

Some of the humans can be annoying, but you have to give them credit for bringing the cheeseburger to space!

4. Mau5GoneMad

Mau5GoneMad Subatomic Cosmonaut

Dang, it seems like you have convinced me...

Not! HA! Humans suck!

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  5. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Big Ape loves everyone equally. Except for the ones he doesn't.

jasonzoo123 likes this.
  6. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

Least favourite?

Apex, Floran, Avian, Novakid, Hylotl.

Only the Humans are the best. I dislike the others all the same.

That's because we're too awesome NOT to be around... ANYWHERE.

Lintton and kisspower12 like this.
  7. TheWalrusNet

TheWalrusNet Phantasmal Quasar

I feel when i'm playing as a human that I get a greater sense of exploring the unknown. To me, the other races /are/ unknowns. If i'm one of the other races, I feel I'm missing out on some of that feeling of finding something new and interesting.

To get back on topic though, I think my least favorite are Apex and Florans.
    Apex largely due to their appearance and that to me they seem like they don't fit in the universe very well. I'm certain this will change when their lore is fleshed out more.

Florans hit a lot of negatives for me, mainly their speech and aesthetic. While I like their style and think their story is unique, I have always been a big fan of the "Hunter-possibly-cannibal-very-evil" theme and I feel like there could have been a better race to take that title, as the florans seem almost comical.

That being said I actually like all of the races quite a bit, and I probably wouldn't change them. I'm especially fond of their uniqueness. Though these two are my least favorite of the awesome bunch!

Alkanthe likes this.
  8. Subaru7

Subaru7 Void-Bound Voyager

I dislike Apex because i dont really like monkeys i know im evil like that, I wont ever play as human because well i dont play scifi to play human if i have the option not to since i already know what thats like.

9. Inf_Wolf14

Inf_Wolf14 Parsec Taste Tester

Hmm... This boils down to two for me:

Avian-- cause I hate the whole cult-like reverence for Kluex. I'm sorry not everything is Kluex's will, sometimes I want some recognition for cool stuff I do. :3

Floran-- this one likely comes from the 'Mysterious Party' quest we all enjoyed... "Ooh a party! :D Nope just the Hunger Games. :( (Also partly cause my friend is a Floran, and he LOVES to troll me.)

10. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

I honestly have a hard time hating most species in the game but if i had to choose? Avians. i dunno, i don't like their aesthetics so much.

11. TheFudgement

TheFudgement Ketchup Robot

I would never play as a Floran. There, I said it.

[​IMG]

Why? Because for me, they're the "Bad guys" of the game along with Apex. And their equipment is ugly. Florans are a great element of the game's lore and theme, though.

And shame on you people who don't like humans just because they're "So Mainstream"

12. BasicallyNuclear

BasicallyNuclear Big Damn Hero

Avian... they never welcome me...

They're also suicidal[DOUBLEPOST=1435433129][/DOUBLEPOST]

Them too, so true

13. Chickendoodles

Chickendoodles Phantasmal Quasar

My least favorite species have got to be the Florans. I just can't stand the exaggerated S's.....

14. Slippery Slime

That'sssss unfortunate

15. Terashi

Terashi Pangalactic Porcupine

Florian Master Race.

With that said, I can't really decide which is my least favorite. I can't judge by society due to what race my favorite is, and really, what better way to judge a person than by their actions?

16. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

If you'd ask me? It'd be Agarans.

«BEGIN Hatsya Souji's Log»
    One robed Agaran guy promised me help in building my own Agaran house, yet he robbed me a thousand pixels! The thing is? Most of those materials they used are common, save for the window lattice & their all-important mushroom tops (the blocks).

Too bad, I have to PURGE all of them, except for the weapons dealer.
    «END»
    *this log (experience) has Starbound Side Stories, Choke Le Fish, Ningen Race Mod in play.

Alkanthe likes this.
  17. Littleman88

Littleman88 Big Damn Hero

Avians. They just don't do anything for me. I enjoy the armors of the Humans, Apex, and Glitch the most, the appearance of the Floran and Hylotl the most, and Novakid are just cool, but Avians? Got nothin'. Their society even feels like a watered down variation of the Apex society to me.

18. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

In order of tasssste i'd ssssay novakid...too hot to eat.
    In order of everything elsssse humanssss. (But damn...they have catssss <.< Floran want one too)

19. SoopaDerpcat

SoopaDerpcat Pangalactic Porcupine

I used to hate humans. They're so mainstream.

But then I went to a Hylotl planet. And you know what? Hylotles were mainstream there.
    I've visited strongholds of all different races, and in each one, I'm sorry to say, the particular race
    that built said stronghold was incredibly mainstream within it.

So what have I learned from this? That all races are equal. Equally mainstream and sucky.

Shadencile likes this.
  20. yclatious

yclatious Guest

I dislike the hylots the most, but second spot comes to the walking buckets of KFC with crystal guns.

They aren't as arrogant, or racist as the frog spawn, but honestly, they just creep me out.

Their buildings seem bland and primitive, their tech is meh, lore is thin (it isn't anything substancial anyways, so my complaint is null :/ ), and generaly, they just creep me out with the constant happiness and welcoming attitude they got.

Feathered, religiously primitive, nice Hylotls.