What Happened to This Game?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Will Liferider, May 17, 2015.

1. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

The title says everything. I haven't seen much news about it, and I'd love to see it enter early access or something soon. I caught wind of it after the kickstarter ended and I'd like to pre-order a copy of the game, and I'm sure many other people feel the same way. No hate, I'd just like to know what's going on with this game and its progress.

• Inativo

Inativo Aquatic Astronaut

He is updating news almost every day on twitter, the game isn't dead

• Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

Okay good. It would be a shame to see such a cool concept fail to come to fruition. It would be cool if they utilized this blog, but I'll take what I can get. Thanks for the answer.

• Mercenary Lord

Mercenary Lord Supernova

TBH its been a while, like a month, since the Twitter feed was updated, is that normal

• Tsuruda

Tsuruda Title Not Found

This was posted on their kickstarter comments page yesterday:

"Hey everyone, sorry about the silence. A number of months ago we entrusted the posting of the next update to a member of the team, who unfortunately seems to have either forgotten or overlooked this duty, making us all look rather foolish.

While we make sense of what's happened, rest assured the project is not at a standstill. Hope to have some more concrete information and updates for you soon!"

I am hoping they'll launch their official site soon.

Will Liferider likes this.
            • Finn Learson

Finn Learson Lettuce Bring Peace!

That good ol' communication. In the end it makes fools of us all....

Jonesy and Will Liferider like this.
              • Ory

Ory Scruffy Nerf-Herder

So has anyone heard anything about this game now? I was actually thinking of preordering it, but it seems that the kickstarter and Facebook hasn't been updated since September 17th and Twitter hasnt really been updated with anything pertaining to the game for a while

• Tweak

Tweak Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They tweeted a screenshot on Oct. 18 with assets I'd never seen before, but there hasn't been any meaningful discussion about what's happening since the last KS update. They also mentioned one of their artists moving in a tweet, but for the vast majority of us the severity/impact of that move is unknown (in both personal and business terms). If chucklefish hadn't picked them up, I'd be infinitely more worried and upset about it, but I can't see a publisher just letting a developer go MIA forever.

Someone at chucklefish probably knows more, and the development is most likely continuing. I do expect a delay from what was targeted in the KS campaign, but I don't expect them to announce a target until they know very well when it's likely to be done. These are pretty much the same growing pains for most aspiring game companies as they gain experience actually doing things.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
                    Will Liferider likes this.
                  • Lackluster

Lackluster Space Hobo

I sure hope everything is alright with development, as I'm a Kickstarter backer who completely forgot that I'd backed them at all haha.

The | Suit and Will Liferider like this.
                    • Mercenary Lord

Mercenary Lord Supernova

Recent November 26th update on their tumblr (their official page, apparently) leads me to believe that it's still chugging along

• mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

Hey! I just wanted to pop in here to confirm that Witchmarsh is indeed still very actively in development. :)

Tsuruda likes this.
                        • Mercenary Lord

Mercenary Lord Supernova

MOLLLLLYYYYYYY

mollygos likes this.
                          • Tsuruda

Tsuruda Title Not Found

Thanks Molly. There's also a new update about release dates and the planned Alpha on their kickstarter page.

mollygos likes this.
                            • GewaltSam

GewaltSam Big Damn Hero

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1027299776/witchmarsh/posts/1441962

That's the post mentioned, I guess.
                              You guys should really also edit the FAQ on your site, or link better to the news on your kickstarter page. Took me a while to find out that the game release is pushed to Winter 2016, and your FAQ still states Dec 2015 / Q1 2016.

Well, take your time, see you in a few months :)

Tsuruda likes this.