1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you want to see in Starbound ???

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Floran God, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Lazer

Lazer Existential Complex

2. Akre

Akre Pangalactic Porcupine

Better farming system, with completely overhauled buff/debuff system. Buffs and debuffs should be much shorter, no more than a couple of seconds, greatly varying in effects and their power and usefulness should be based on complexity and level of ingredients, as better recipes would require visiting higher level biomes. Hunger should be brought back. NPC farmers and buyers would also be welcomed.

Bandages, nanobandages and medikits should be hampered a bit, instead red stimpaks should be more powerful, have different levels of power and be only attainable as loot. That would encourage exploration and farming.

3. The MechE

The MechE Existential Complex

Wouldn't mind them adopting the potion system from games like Witcher 3.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015
  4. Marcos Brinigh

Marcos Brinigh Void-Bound Voyager

Money , no wait. Hmm. TANKS! Tanks are awesome , starbound is awesome , EVERYBODY IS AWESOME! YAAY!

STCW262 likes this.
  5. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Technically, there are already tanks, but you can't use them. Of course, that doesn't mean they shouldn't eventually be able to.

6. Lazer

7. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

This exact outfit has been shown in Chucklefish's recent twitch streams. Whether or not it protects against radiation or has any of the other bonuses is unknown to me.

8. Lazer

Assuming you're talking about the hazmat outfit: it has been the game at least since giraffe.

9. Peppersnap

Peppersnap Big Damn Hero

want to sssort codex...
    tabs!

want take booksss out.
    give to friends!

10. Yup, That's a crazy old mock-up from a loooooooooooooooooong time ago. Like George V's "monster of the week" old. Can't say that level of complexity in gear wouldn't be awesome, but it's just too much for the current system.

Tamorr and Harakhti like this.
  11. Lazer

I know what it is. It's something I'd like to see, ok?

Boshed and Harakhti like this.
  12. Harakhti

Harakhti Phantasmal Quasar

To be honest, while it looks like a big take for now, it actually IS interesting and somewhat nice.

13. That's absolutely fine, while you know what it is, and I know what it is, some other people might not have! <3

Tamorr likes this.
  14. Presios Saiyan

Presios Saiyan Giant Laser Beams

I have so much things to await in the future like:

Goku.
    Space stations.
    And space stuff like events.

(The first one is a joke.)

15. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

What I want to see?

Less Florans.

In all seriousness I would like to see ways to get around quicker on planets, also more smoother biomes. Everything is too bumpy really. Smoother (I said ER. SMOOTHER) land would make building there a little quicker. Not as much time is wasted making the land completely flat before building there.

16. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I really would love to see this implemented into ingame equipment.. Honestly speaking this image alone made me buy it originally. In my honest opinion the current "tech Shield" system is a cop out.

Lazer likes this.
  17. alexlee4190

alexlee4190 Void-Bound Voyager

It sounds kinda stupid, but I'd really like an option to allow the NPC's to walk around with chat bubbles without me having to talk to them. I have this pretty big outpost with NPC's of all races, but it still seems kinda empty because they don't talk, just nod and smile.

:nod::nod::nod:

Heriol likes this.
  18. Heriol

Heriol Void-Bound Voyager

I agree. I'd love to see NPC smal talk.

19. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Actually, I believe that is a feature in the current Nightly. Or at least they have added the necessary framework to make it possible... I distinctly remember two objects having a conversation as a proof-of-concept.

20. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Yah, there's a GIF in one of the updates showing two NPCs yattering at each other with word balloons.