1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you want for the next gameplay video?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Lasercat77, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lasercat77

Lasercat77 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'd like to see cool gear,like a freeze ray or forcefield,or the monster monster contest winner mobs.

WyattDerp and Rian121 like this.
  2. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

I want the next one to be one that's in the time line of the devs that they can actually do.

3. Lord Kain

Lord Kain Ketchup Robot

combat

4. H-Alo

H-Alo Phantasmal Quasar

Combat and/or taming.

5. LetzShake

LetzShake Void-Bound Voyager

Movement and physics demonstrations.

Krunch likes this.
  6. Stephano

Stephano Void-Bound Voyager

Combat or as above said, movement and physics demonstrations

7. Wazupmaster

Wazupmaster Phantasmal Quasar

I want them to demonstrate how to get from planet to planet, from planet to spaceship, etc etc.

8. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

i want extensive gameplay demonstration, with some crazy stuff in the middle, like a lot of ppl dropping on a planet all outfitted with mechas and destroying everything...

also, some exquisite planets, like lava ocean planets or alien rainforests.

also, the procedural side of things, like various looks of weapons and mobs.

9. DawnOfNights

DawnOfNights Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I want an hour of gameplay footage focusing on character customization, combat, building colonies, monsters and how to capture them and the awesome animations that the characters have!

Also some space travelling and going to a planet that is only water and then exploring it! :D

10. Pentekont

Pentekont Orbital Explorer

Combat + Customization + Crafting

PLEASE! :d

11. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I'm happy with whatever the dev team want to release! c:

Specifically, i would like to see animals.

Rian121 likes this.
  12. TheHolyWombat

TheHolyWombat Subatomic Cosmonaut

gameplay...

Yoseiri, Krunch, Rekalty and 2 others like this.
  13. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

Well, that's not gonna happen.

First and foremost, more than locations and animations, I would love to see some game mechanics. Maybe swimming. Think how pretty the underwater effects must be in this game. I hope it's not like a dim blue layer above everything, like it is for Terraria's case ._.

Combat would be very cool to see as well because, not only would it demonstrate AI skills, it would could demonstrate things like gadgets and accessories. Who knows.

~ockpii

WyattDerp likes this.
  14. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

Probably something that leaves a cliffhanger! Like a scene cut from an epic boss fight. Or the ability to craft and design weapons! Or maybe a player trying franticly to catch a poptop only to end humorously.
    The possibles are infinite but let's hope for the best :p.

I mean seriously, who else is chewing his pillow just dying to get this game?
    I know I am.

15. Karamunin

Karamunin Big Damn Hero

I am as well, I hold this as my top most anticipated game of 2012 currently. Screw Max Payne 3, Bioshock Infinite, Borderlands 2, Skullgirls, UFO: Enemy Unknown and Diablo 3, make way for the almighty lord ov 2D games, Starbound! :notworthy:

As for what I wanna see in the gameplay video, I'd like to see some looting and inventory management and a wee bit of combat and mining perhaps. It does not need to reveal too many things really, as long as the video is decently long enough, since this wait has been way too long for my mind to handle. :cry:

16. Inkheart

Inkheart Big Damn Hero

Please mind my off topicness xD.

I have to agree it does burn you whenever you are reminded the game is not gonna be released any time sooner :/
    But honestly if it wasn't for indie games, I would have ironically die already. 2012 is just gifted with pending indie games :).

17. Karamunin

Karamunin Big Damn Hero

Yeah, truly does, at least they didn't do like Bethesda and anounced the release date almost a whole year before release... The wait was absolutely murderous for me, ha ha. Agree about indie games as of lately also, I'm currently following Castle Story, Overgrowth, Cube World and ofcourse, Starbound. The future's looking delicious for indiegames :love: But yeah, kind of getting off topic now, heh...

DO WANT VIDEO NAO PLOX!!1!1!!! (hope that makes up for it)

18. Blue_Assassin

Blue_Assassin Void-Bound Voyager

Combat/gameplay of anything.

19. Kjkillercom

Kjkillercom Pangalactic Porcupine

I am looking forward to anything at this time. I don't really expect much from them since they are so hard at work on getting the game put together. It would be awesome if they made a video that would touch on many different aspects of the game-play along with the type of features currently available.

20. Lazor Llama

Lazor Llama Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Anything that doesn't spoil to much

Rian121 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.