1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What Do You Look for in a Lets Play?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by pdodd, Mar 7, 2017.

1. pdodd

pdodd Void-Bound Voyager

Let's talk let's play's. So many apostrophe's.

I'm considering getting into the video content creation game - it seems like it'd add a layer of fun to the already fun game of Starbound.

I was hoping that you guys could tell me some of the things that you find appealing / unappealing when watching a Lets Play. What hold your attention? What makes you keep watching? What turns you away?

Any feedback would be most appreciated fellows :)

(Let's play, or really any video game video content :) )

2. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I look for the "HUYEY GUYES WELCOME TO MUHEY LETS PLAY" opening line.

Then I find a completely different video to watch instead of that one.

3. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

On limited time to watch many, the way I go about choosing ones I watch is pretty simple. I don't mind language being in their, but excessive use of it turns me off. That is foul language that is.

Generally though I look for natural play. People whom obviously enjoy doing what they do. It is nice to see many different playstyles with many of the videos I watch of games. Might spark some inspiration or sometimes find out something i didn't know, if not remind me that something was there. Those that seem forced or aiming to please like a TV sitcom with obvious staging seem a bit off to me; the exception is when it was noted to be a Roleplay type of thing; In the latter case I only occasionally watch, but I personally prefer a more natural approach of having fun or enjoying their experience, which can include even goofing around building and various activities.

Each person has a different personality with possibly a different approach and makes it their own journey. Which is what I look for. An exception to this is when I am just curious or want to see gameplay of a specific game.

I do have my own preferences in games, even if it is a pretty broad preference; like in the past up to now so far I have been watch builder type games, to see how they go about building and also to how they get to that point on the adventure. This is a quite subjective topic and pretty broad to speak of for the simple reasoning that every has their likes and dislikes as well those actually changing over time shifting from one being more than the other. :nuruhappy:

Jerln likes this.
  4. pdodd

pdodd Void-Bound Voyager

LOL I hear that. Some folks can indeed be quite... energetic!

Thank you for the post, this is very helpful :)

Tamorr likes this.