1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What do YOU do for fun?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by themaelstorm, Jul 8, 2017.

1. themaelstorm

themaelstorm Intergalactic Tourist

Pretty much the title. What part of SB do you get the most kick out of?

I'd actually like to hear this separately for Single and multi games.

What do you like the most when playing solo?

What do you like the most when playing multiplayer?

Why am I asking? Because I want to expand my list of things to do! :D

2. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Building. Re-thinking old projects and re-working them with newer materials or things I hadn't considered the first time.

3. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

I like collecting outfits and putting them on mannequins. This includes all tiers of crafted armour sets as well as armour sets purchased from merchants (like combat medic set). I also like to hoard crafting materials like ores and coal. Not sure why I like doing that, though. I do these regardless of single-player or multi-player. In single-player I don't have much I do beyond playing the game normally (and doing what I mentioned). In multi-player I like to collect instruments and play music for others.

Oh! I also like looking for gnome villages so I can raid them. (;

Doctor Stein and themaelstorm like this.
  4. IxFa

IxFa Pangalactic Porcupine

I liked the missions and anomalies most - unfortunate for missions since there are so few of them.

Much the same in multiplayer but additional fun with general exploration and dungeoneering.

I also like collecting legendary weapons and new outfits. Fashionista as heck

5. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Mostly building at this point. I've undergone quite a few projects since defeating the Ruin, varying in size. I've also dabbled in collecting collectables and armour, but my mileage has varied.

Doctor Stein likes this.
  6. Doctor Stein

Doctor Stein Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really like raiding Hostile Ships, as I find the mech combat very fun! But I also really love building stuff, making colonies and all that is quite fun and rewarding =3

7. Harii

Harii Seal Broken

I watch videos on YouTube to become a builder and I dream about building but I don't really build because I'm newb so..

I go to random planets to search for mini-biomes and cool stuff. Outfits, legendary weapons, strange biomes things.

If I find any interesting biomes or villages, I put a flag and search for everything I can take.

8. whipping post

whipping post Cosmic Narwhal

i make costumes and i farm

9. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Single Player: Building

Multiplayer: Roleplaying/Exploring

I do want to explore all the new content sometime though.

10. LoveMonster

LoveMonster Space Spelunker

Capturing dangerous animals and unleashing them on my victims. Mwahahahahaha!

11. florinblain

florinblain Subatomic Cosmonaut

Exploring and looting (doesn't matter how much stuff I accrue, I always get a happy Skinner box moment when I find a rare item). Fishing. Screwing around with the design of my spaceship and space station farm-thing. Making little mods. Trying to turn a planet into a huge, fully developed city with asphalted roads and skyrails and stuff.

12. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

Primarily Building. I like to work with the many options to build small and add as I go exploring. Plus I want to build an empire so to speak. One that is peaceful for the most part, and string the planets at its' center with sites of infrastructure and ruins of past struggles building such an empire. Well it is a on going project...

Other than that I enjoy collecting the various things there are to collect, including furniture & lore books. Especially outfits and more things to build with. Musical instruments as well.

Exploring each planet I go to and coming up with ideas for possible build sites, then flagging them for later to add and expand my empire.

I also like messing around with the colonies i build myself and watch the things they do and connections they make.

I like doing a lot of things within this game, although most of which is revolving around building. :nuruhappy:

13. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

I usually build small structures on planets. So far I have built:

-a W.I.P fossil museum on the inside of a hill. There is a scarecrow (also known as Bob)at the front desk, and then there is an elevator going to 3 different floors, all for different sizes of fossils. The Museum is pitch-black in the exibition rooms, but when you step in front of a fossil display, a spotlight shines on it. It is pretty creepy in my opinion, as you are walking in pitch black and then suddenly a skeleton of your kind shows up under a spotlight. Staring at you.

-a little foundry that looks like a construction site. It is actually pretty handy as there is an elevator... that goes to the center of the planet, and it plunges you straight to lava before making a 90 degree turn away from the lava, before throwing you off the platform onto molten rock. Just under that is a completely circular ball of lava. Sounds pretty safe...?

-other stuff

Also, I like to board other ships and loot things from them when the crew is no looking... because my character is a Penguin. Then I fly away on my Shockhopper mech.

IxFa likes this.
  14. Tyle

Tyle Existential Complex

I usually spend my time scraping the planet surfaces and occasionally digging deep for fossils and other loots. With 1.3 update I also enjoy blowing up space junks with my mech, it's a wonderful stress relief.

It's not often but I do play co-op with a friend every once in a while - it usually involves us exploring ocean/toxic planets with him on his (mod) submarine, and me standing, playing dogsong on trumpet top of his sub while we look for loots.

themaelstorm likes this.