Question what cute things your pet does?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Qtw, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Qtw

Qtw Phantasmal Quasar

so. i'd like to hear what your pets do that are cute.
    for example...
    my kitten Baby Blu.
    she lies in bed with me whenever i get on it. she even sleeps with me.
    been doing that ever since i had her on day three.

she also likes to grab me when i walk by.
    like a hug.

2. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

MEOW
    MEOW
    My cat Mabel likes to - MEOW
    MEOW when she is hungr - MEOW - or lonely
    MEOW
    which is - MEOW - all the time. MEOW

My other cat, Cleo, is very quiet and timid and spends a lot of time curled up in soft places.

3. Unikram

Unikram Industrial Terraformer

Whenever my niece (who's a year and a half old) comes close to my pet rabbit, he just pretends he's dead in his cage (he even sticks his tongue out)
    It has scared me a few times, but now I'm used to it ^-^

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

My cat likes to sleep on Lego boxes. I don't play with Lego as much as I used to, but I always leave a box out for him to sleep on. He also has to have a seat whenever we have breakfast or dinner, and likes being fed while we eat. But because he's getting old, whenever we're eating on the taller chairs at the kitchen bench we have to get a dining chair beside it, so he can climb onto it and then the other to save him the jump.

My old cat used to jump up on the pool table, and cry out until someone came over so he could smooch their stomach. He'd also jump up on the study desk, and sit next to my laptop. That was all well and good, aside from him trying to bite my hand whenever I used the left half of the keyboard...

MilkCalf and Hel like this.
  5. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

My cat is like a real life black and white Garfield, minus the lasagne eating (which is my job)

All he literally does is sleep and eat. You'll know when he's asleep cus you will hear him snore. He snores really loud. He likes to sleep behind the chairs, or an a bunch of wires.

MilkCalf likes this.
  6. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

My dog, Rush (a Pembroke Welsh corgi), is absolutely adorable, so everything he does is technically "cute", but he's got a few... ahhh... quirks.

When you walk into the house after being gone for more than 20-30 minutes, heaven help you if you don't say hello to him. He will let you know if you forget, and will greet you with a series of grumbles and nudges, as if to say, "Hey. I'm down here. Talk to me!" He does this with me, and everyone else--whether he knows them or not. To him, greetings are an important courtesy, I guess.

There's a somewhat funny story, spoilered because it turned out to be longer than I'd intended.

It was funny when he did it to my younger sister when she visited our mom's house, though. My younger sister has a bit of a "princess" complex and It was the first time she met him, and she has a tendency to ignore any pet that is not hers. Rush, on the other hand, is a pretty smart and well-behaved dog; every time I came home from work, I told him hello when I walked in, so he believes that is what people do when they walk in: greet the corgi and give him a pat on the head. She didn't want to even acknowledge his presence, and he was not going to have it. He had a full albeit one-sided conversation of grunts and grumbles with her--and she was wondering what was wrong with him.

I'd received a message (I was out at the time) from my mother about the incident, and I asked: "Did she at least tell him hello?" The response indicated she hadn't. I asked how long this was going on--it was at least half an hour so far, and he was still going on, grumbling. So I suggested that she tell him "hello" and pet the dog, but my sister--being as stubborn as she is--refused to do so. I know this because when I got back fifteen minutes later, he was still at it.

Sis: "Do something about your dog, he's been acting like this the whole time! He's soooo annoying."

Meanwhile, Rush was looking at me like "help me, she won't stop ignoring me."

I called him over, and he scampered over to me, grumbling at me a little. I pet him, said, "Well, hello, Rush! Good boy."

My sister said something along the lines of "Finally. God he wouldn't stop doing that."

And then Rush went back to her and stared at her. And started nudging and grumbling again. :rofl:

Sis: "God, your dog is as annoying as you are!"

Me: "No, if anything, he's as stubborn as I am, but you're being problematic for him. Tell him hello and pet him."

Sis: "I've never met such a stupid dog that acted like such a butt. I'm not doing that, it's stupid."

Me: "No, he's plenty smart. To him, you're the butt, and I have to agree."

Mom (to my sister): "Right now I can't tell who's the dog because you're acting like a b----. You said you wanted him to stop and you were told how to do it."

My sister had some objections to being called that, but once she finally stopped ignoring Rush and actually pet him, he showered her with affection and she eventually came around and stopped being so stuck up towards him. My dog makes me so proud sometimes. :3

MilkCalf likes this.
  7. Qtw

Qtw Phantasmal Quasar

that story was ADORABLE!

and to everyone else. your pets sound awesome.
    i'm sure everyone needs a good awww every now and then.

and i have something my 15 year old cat did before she unfortunatly passed away...
    every time someone let her outside,she would dash around the table. in a complete circle and then go outside.
    it was like she had OCD and it was so cute.

and no. i am not saying how she passed as it is sad and i don't want to make anyone else sad

MilkCalf likes this.
  8. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

The cat I had growing up was like that. Meowing all the time. Every cat I've been around since just seems so ... quiet.

9. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

When I was in elementary school, my family had two budgies, and I swear one of them could read thoughts. I was what was called a "key-kid" back then, because I had a key which I needed because both my parents would be at work when I returned home. I was bullied pretty hardcore back then, some of which has left physical scars. And whenever I came back home crying and/or bruised, one of them, Nicky, would gently land on my head or shoulder and just cuddle with me, which is something budgies actually do pretty rarely. I loved that bird with a passion.

Qtw and MilkCalf like this.
  10. ArcanaZero

ArcanaZero Tentacle Wrangler

I have three very interesting pets with their own strange quirks. I have two dogs, a weimaraner named Zowie who's the oldest and a chihuahua poodle mix named Trixie, as well as cat, a Persian mix named Mr. Peepers. To put it as simply as possible, Zowie thinks she's a lot smaller than she is, Trixie thinks she's a person, and Mr. Peepers thinks he's a dog.
    Trixie has many strange but adorable mannerisms. Whenever she jumps up on the couch, she will more often than not bury her face into it for a good minute for actually lying down. Also, whenever she plays with her toys, she makes the weirdest growling noise that sounds more like a duck than a growl. She also will sometimes jump up into my dad's chair after he gets up from eating dinner, expecting to get food.
    Mr. Peepers likes to play fetch with his toys. If you were to toss one of them, he'll more than likely bring it back. He's also like a giant, walking cotton ball from all of his fluff. It's both a gift and a curse in our house because most of the clothes my parents and I wear are black. Due to this, we tend to go through lint rollers fairly quickly, but it's never enough to completely rid our clothes of Mr. Peepers's fur. And, whenever Trixie doesn't jump in an open dining room chair, Peeps will usually be the other one to do it.
    Also, one strange thing that Trixie does that Peepers doesn't do is chase laser pointers.

11. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

I have a parrot, obviously.
    There is no cuteness in him. Only stupidity.

The rabbit's really shy for some reason, and bolts off the moment you open the lid of the mansion.

The dog is growing more demented. He makes some really odd noises sometimes though, weird howls and barks.