1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your favourite Sci-fi melee weapons?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Oct 21, 2012.

1. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

Don't forget to call him out on having a post about being constructive but not being constructive in the slightest.
    Dat irony

The-Seven-Worlds likes this.
  2. Bumber

Bumber Pangalactic Porcupine

UT 2004 shield gun. Like impact hammer, but with energy shield instead of EMP alt attack.

3. Ramones_fan

Ramones_fan Pangalactic Porcupine

monomolecular whip,

reason; somewhat extended range and the possibility to entangle enemies doing damage over time.

forearm snap blades, (think Wolverine only the blades are housed in a gauntlet that covers the whole arm.)

Cyrernetic limbs + martial arts

BTW: please add upgradable weapons,

4. MrHiggle

MrHiggle Existential Complex

*sigh* I didn't want to say this but...10 year olds. The future generation of 10 year olds. Imagine the chaos.

*Runs away*

5. The-Seven-Worlds

The-Seven-Worlds Zero Gravity Genie

Now now, you can't blame the guy for never trying to whack a bow in somebody's face, can you?
    That fact alone added by the fact that his "pendulum of decadent sense of humor" was set loose by the sharpness of his "stern blade". :oops:
    I made a bad joke, knowing it, and he got it as a threat, I guess.

My point is I don't really wanna play ball. My bow post was kinda ironic, following those I've seen before featuring blasters or snipers.
    If his job here is done, so is mine.

Or maybe I could add a designed for melee weapon?
    That's not much of a scifi this one, but it could work.
    A weapon similar to Flay Gunnar's from mana khemia, a sword that can shoot ninja stars.
    Left click for regular attack, and right click for shooting ninja stars, in counterpart, it would drain energy.
    They could even stick on the ground for a while to act as traps that both foes and you could get hurt by walking on.
    Or something similar.

6. Kahzel

Kahzel Big Damn Hero

i always found the shield gun's main fire hard to use. Its range seems even shorter than the impact hammer's. The alt-fire is incredibly useful though.

7. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Halo energy swords!

Pixelstomp likes this.
  8. Pixelstomp

Pixelstomp Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Everytime an Elite drops one and I sprint over to pick it up, I get a grin on my face. >:D

9. Archer

Archer Spaceman Spiff

Impact hammer from UT :D
    [​IMG]

For people that aren't familiar with it: You hold the fire button and it charges up, the longer you hold it the more powerful the discharge becomes, when you stick it into something/somebody it will automatically discharge and wreak havoc.

10. FoxDE

FoxDE Void-Bound Voyager

I like flamberges that are actually made out of flame, similar to firefly's weapon from the batman universe.

I also think you should add some legendary daggers/knives that come two in a chest when they are found (set to spawn together), like khukris or butterfly swords.

I also like ice brands, swords made entirely of ice and possibly shoot ice blocks or beams.

how's this for a sci fi weapon: a sword who's blade is made entirely of nanites and alters its form and appearance for swing. So it's an axe once, a spear another time, a dagger yet another time. But each appearance, while random, takes on a kind of green and black, almost transparent hue and has a special attack for each swing. It'd be a fully malleable weapon.

11. FanofsiN

FanofsiN Void-Bound Voyager

Hmm...maybe Fate Testarossa's Bardiche? crescent and zanber

12. Polecat

Polecat Phantasmal Quasar

Lightsabres have already been mentioned. So what about Samus' Energy Whip/Stungun thing from the most recent Smash Bros.?