Announcement Welcome to the Wargroove Forums!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mollygos, Feb 28, 2017.

1. mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

Hey everyone!

We’ve been teasing some new projects for a few months now, fighting the urge to spill all the beans about what we’re working on. Keeping secrets is hard! So it’s super fortunate that today, we’re able to announce our new title, Wargroove.

We're super excited that this game is going to exist! The fact that we're developing it is a pretty cool added bonus. We'll be posting frequent developer blogs, so keep an eye on the Wargroove site. For now, you can find out more about the game below!

---

What is Wargroove?

Wargroove is a turn-based strategy game for up to 4 players, in which each player takes control of an army and its commander unit to wage war on their enemies!

Wargroove is extremely easy to pick up, with accessibility at the forefront of its design, and very difficult to master, with deep gameplay mechanics that complement strategic play.

[​IMG]

So it’s basically like Advance Wars?
    Kinda, but it’s more complicated than that! Wargroove aims to recreate the charm and accessibility of the titles that inspired it while bringing modern technology into the formula. This modern focus allows for higher resolution pixel art, robust online play and deep modding capability, ultimately creating the most complete experience for Advance Wars and TBS fans.

We’ve also got quite a few new-to-the-genre features in the works — but we’ll tell you about those later.

Who’s developing Wargroove?
    Wargroove is being developed by Chucklefish!

When is it coming out?
    2017!

Where can I go for more information?
    We’ll be posting frequent developer blogs, and you can follow us on Facebook and Twitter!

• MadMulligan

MadMulligan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Were those Florans making with the stab at the end of the trailer? If so, I love it!

Axe Garian and Tairuse like this.
      • mollygos

mollygos Former Staff

:nurucool: Might've been.

Axe Garian, Minerscool, Kawa and 2 others like this.
        • Pilchenstein

Pilchenstein Ketchup Robot

This looks bloody marvellous. :V

Axe Garian likes this.
          • Sir Wilfrey

Sir Wilfrey Spaceman Spiff

Okay there I was trying to be bored and now I can't contain my hype. Goddamnitt Chucklefish you get me every time.

Axe Garian and adamez5000 like this.
            • Arra

Arra The End of Time

I have no words, only one emote...

:up:

• Tairuse

Tairuse Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hahaha right! That I hope to see more crossover content/easter eggs between Chucklefish Games!

Axe Garian likes this.
                • Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Supernova

MERICA. Does this mean what I think it means? I don't actually know. That's why I'm just going to say that this looks awesome and that I'll probably end up buying it.

Axe Garian likes this.
                  • Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

You know, I'm starting to notice a trend among you guys to take a great GBA era game, and then do it 10x better...
                    DON'T CARE! AW FANTASY MODE!
                    [​IMG]

• Freeshield

Freeshield Poptop Tamer

I'm not a big fan of turn based games but this looks very well done and I'm hyped for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Looks good. I don't know, but this game reminds me Godzilla 2 : War of the Monsters, from NES. Yeah, I'm weird-o...
                        Maybe its too soon, and if I'm in the correct section, but do you know/have 'expected' date of release, or 'expected' price?

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

Hearken back to Final Fantasy Tactics. :3

Axe Garian likes this.
                          • Mat-ato

Mat-ato Aquatic Astronaut

This looks so awesome, the music... the graphics... I can't wait to get it:cato3o::catsparkle:

Axe Garian likes this.
                            • Crio0

Crio0 Space Spelunker

Why are you people hyping so much? It doesn't look that great. From the trailer it looks like a random mobile game. :p

• MongooseCalledFred

MongooseCalledFred Starship Captain

Random mobile games don't have mod support or Nuru.

Axe Garian likes this.
                                • VanCrio

VanCrio Intergalactic Tourist

Oh, so let the devs do little work and leave the rest to players. I'am not sure that I like that idea. :p This game better have something unique to it, coz right now I can't really see it.

• MongooseCalledFred

MongooseCalledFred Starship Captain

Mod support and Nuru are reasons for the hype, not detriments. Another reason is that the community knows how much work Chucklefish puts into a game, which is far beyond the average mobile game. Unique stuff may appear later, but one of the game's main draws is that it looks very similar to older games that were popular but abandoned. Hype also varies person-to-person, so some people get excited over something little, some people only get excited over something big.

Axe Garian likes this.
                                    • Ian Antipathy

Ian Antipathy Void-Bound Voyager

The game looks fantastic. I've always wanted to see a game like this to the point where I wanted to develop one myself. Unfortunately I lack the skills on all fronts to do this. :cry: I cannot wait for this game. There is not enough hype!!!!!!!!

• ppm4587

ppm4587 Aquatic Astronaut

What games are do you been inspired, to this game? Obviusly Advace Wars, but, there are another one more. example Battle of Westtnoth or another one?

• Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

I suggest that anyone reading this that's interested in Wargroove and its development join the official Wargroove discord: https://discord.gg/wargroove

Axe Garian likes this.