Welcome to Albussystems

Discussion in 'Screenshots' started by Albussystems, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Albussystems

Albussystems Pangalactic Porcupine

(Warning! You will need a stable Computer and Internet to show the pic. The Forum itself and Imgur would not uplad the Pic, it is quite large, but it is worth it :D)

Well, this is my Homeworld^^

I posted some screens before, but in the wrong section... But its funny to see the progress since then. Ofc this is still evolving.

I will explane what is what in my next posts, ejoy the scrolling :D

HomeworldFinal-Small.jpg

Link to the "Big" one^^

http://www.pictureshack.us/view_93459_HomeworldFinal-last.jpg

(After its loaded click the "Fullsizebutton" and start exploring)

Edit: I need to add now, that everything but the "Lab" underground is vanilla!
    Fracking Flora and Starmount deserved a extra room :D
    Oh and the Teleporters ofc... as i said i'll go into detail what is what and where soon^^

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Ickura, TheFloranChef, Gay and 7 others like this.
  2. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

i'm liking it preemptively because it's taking forever to load o3o

Albussystems likes this.
  3. Albussystems

^^ there you go, i made a small version work here so you can all get a preflash :D

4. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

There are really some nice ideas and details I've never encountered bevore. Great work!

5. Albussystems

The first thing to show is the "Arboretum"

Relax in Nature no matter the weather :D

HomeworldFinal-Arboretumweb.jpg

There may not be a typical Hylotl Planet but i had no other choice than to work with what i had after the crash. At least i was able to sleep "under water" :D

Through my travels i found so many weapons that i decided to build an Armory worthy of the numbers i found!

HomeworldFinal Armory.jpg

Every row of boxes is for a specific weapon. From left to right: Sword, Spears, Axes, Hammers, Daggers, shields;

The two wooden chest over the boxes are: Ranged (old weapons), Throwing Weapons (Shuriken, Kunai and so on)

One more up are Rare Shields and Weapons

and highest up are Legendary (old Weapons)

Nothing much to say about the main Castle.... its the (camouflage) livingspace^^

HomeworldFinal Castle.jpg

There is a small Greenhouse for some fresh greens! And a pretty dark attic.... what could be in there? :O

I have always been a musician and what is more logical to have than a ยด"Concert Hall"
    Of this a was\am a bit proud^^ Especially at night it looks so awesome! :;D

HomeworldFinal Concerthall day.jpg
    2014-11-13_00019.jpg

Its the only building with "non camouflaged" Teleporters... I just found it very funny to teleport from 1 side of the stage to the other while performing^^
    Otherwise everthing over ground should look like a medieval settlement.

Next comes the Farm:

HomeworldFinal Farm.jpg

Thx to "EggstraClucks" i actually got some chickens in there :D

In the Barn... all the chest and Boxes contain all Tree saplings i found and sorted. The three chests around the table hold all seeds i found and used and sorted.

Now something special from my tribe!

Say Hello to the "Hylotl Watercatcher!"

HomeworldFinal Hylotl Watercatcher day.jpg
    2014-11-13_00007.jpg

He really likes to catch the rain, and it rains a lot here :D

At night you can see another secret!

HomeworldFinal Hylotl Passage.jpg

Maybe you can get into the Castle this way..... "If you dare to jump into the Hylotlmouth!"^^

Its a secret Passage in and out of the Castle through the

HomeworldFinal Smithy.jpg

Royal Smithy!

I never had problems smelting large quantities of..... anything! :D

IF you go further right, one leaves the Castle and its walls to enter the Town.
    First Building there is the Inn with a large Messhall and Partyroom!

HomeworldFinal-Inn+Partyroom.jpg

Walhalla party all the time!

Further right is the Market:
    What should i say, every town need a place where trade can flourish and i made one for sunny and rainy days!
    For those interested in the small details, take a look at the beds in the inn^^

HomeworldFinal Market day.jpg

And on we go.

What else is needed? Yes! The Doc.

HomeworldFinal Witch and Doc.jpg

First a little Witchhouse and on the right side the "more" modern doc.

Balanced with a meditation shrine in between.

The last building and the one furthest outside the town is the Charcoalburner!

HomeworldFinal Charcoalburner.jpg

Thats why i never worry about coal or fuel^^

I really hope you liked the first explanation of what is what^^

This concludes the overground, camouflage, old town.

Next post i'll tell you more about what lies underneath :D

TheFloranChef, Gay, Vrow and 6 others like this.
  6. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Extremely impressive. And not so far away from my taste. And you don't use mods?

7. Albussystems

Yea i started using mods a little while ago, but i used them carefully and everything from mods is seperate. So the Teleportationhub underground and the Lab are Mod, all the rest not!^^

And btw, i watched some of your videos, bto only are your build very nice... The music you played made me want to hug you^^

Secret of Mana and Crono trigger are my fave too. Will make a video soon for those who like to watch.

Happy you like it^^

Beatrice likes this.
  8. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Well, local Teleporters were always advertised as a coming feature; and even if San Leone has an advanced skyrail-metro system, I personally would like to see a faster method to travel. However, my question went more in the direction of some mod like creative mode or something, because it must have been a hell of work to destroy all these castles and build your own. I have a friend on my server who did the same and built a medieval glitch planet. Needless to say how many castles he had to find and deconstruct. As I like to build with "brighter" materials, I only have problems with soft brick and unmarked tomb brick (and also, sometimes, sandstone). I still hope that we will see easier ways in the future to aquire these materials, instead searching them and destroying dungeons.

Nice to hear that you also like my videos. I did upload a new one, just today. :D
    I think that my own experience with SNES games was a major factor to purchase SB. One thing I always remember... is the great music both games had; and it was an amazing experience that Starbound had an excellent OST, too.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  9. Will Liferider

Will Liferider Ketchup Robot

I tried to open that first picture and my computer got really angry at me ( ._.)

10. Albussystems

@Will Liferider sry man, but i warned :D Maybe you got a friend with a more powerfull machiene, otherwise you have to make due with the smaller ones i posted and will post.

@Beatrice It really wasn't fun at first. At some point i desided that i don't want to "work" and actually "waste" time only seaching the castles, so after rougly 40 castles which i erased, i started to delete the planetfile of the last castle i found and took the materials from that one over and over. I thought to myself, that thats the least cheaty thing i could do^^

Well otherwise no creativity mode or anything. Everything found, collected, farmed and stacked and sorted.
    In the next post i'll go into the underground stuff. There is the Workroom where everything, Lights, Doors, Beds, Storage and all materials from Vanilla (Yes all, even different Dirt colours xD) are stored and sorted for easier overview and smoother building.

Last but not least, yes! I felt that bond with SNES and SB too somehow :D
    Excellent OSTs all over, and the graphical style of SB reminds me of the good old Snes times too!

Edit: I have to add that i had 2 friends help me from time to time, to collect materials!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  11. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

Impressive! This could rival Beatrice's San Leone!
    I haven't had much time to play StarBound recently, so all I have is my Floran Tree Villages

12. Fresh Ears

Fresh Ears Big Damn Hero

Very, very cool! Thanks for sharing!

13. Albussystems

I feel no contest in any way^^

Actually i made many things, like the Passwordsystem underground so when the Wire stuff is fixed, other players could explore "their" playerhome. Upload it at Nexus or maybe on a Server (i am trying Starcitizen right now)
    So the more players build beautifull stuff like Beatrice, the more peoples creativity is enhanced and even better ppl will\can see what the game " can" already look like :D
    Again i am happy you like it!^^

14. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I dig it. Always nice to see a large structure with a consistent visual style. Really shows off the possibilities of the game engine and makes me hopefully we'll see some much bigger stuff from the game proper.

Idle thought though... have you played around with the paint tool in the basic hallways? Some of the areas, like the main castle, the gray bricks in the background are still pretty light and visually blend into the foreground. I find slapping black paint on lighter background bricks (or white on the darker foreground variety foreground) does wonders for visual distinction, VERY useful with the Glitch castle and USMC prison bricks.

upload_2014-11-15_18-9-29.png

Plus you can come up with some nice fake depth effects...

upload_2014-11-15_17-52-20.png

Man, that's one thing I wish my planet had... rain. I want a pool. Oh well, at least liquid collection is viable in the future.

15. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

No kidding.

My ideal would be another kind of crafting table, one specifically for blocks. Once you've picked up X number of a block type via Matter Manipulator or whatever (say, 50~100 blocks for most types, maybe 500 for "rare" stuff), it gets added to the Block Crafter's recipe list. Most stone (Glitch castle, gray tomb bricks) would use common, easy-to-acquire Cobblestone, giving you much more to do with that material. Some recipes would require stone and another ingredient, like Gold for Avian tomb bricks. The blocks from Floran prisons would be pure plant matter, etc.

It'd be nice to be able to go to one thing for all my block needs.

Beatrice likes this.
  16. Albussystems

Actually its the other way round @M_Sipher ^^ Nearly all "inside" bricks are painted White! In the Smithy on the other hand or in the tower the background is black!
    All small Bricks are painted black btw, they look much better in black than in original grey, but no other colour fits around them.... at least in my opinion the natural Stonebricks around the black coloured small ones look best^^

So to answer you question: yes i painted alot xD

Maybe you can strole through my town someday and have a look for yourself :D[DOUBLEPOST=1416102383][/DOUBLEPOST]Btw wanna know a secret? :D

Straw painted with orange colour becomes a wonderfull Golden Colour!

17. Beatrice

Beatrice Spaceman Spiff

Yes, that would be exactly my thought!

18. Albussystems

Part Two: "Underground" or better " The Real Home" :D

Last time i left out a room every castle needs:

The "Dungeon"

HomeworldFinal Dungeon.jpg

And what does every "cool" dungeon have?

Yes! A Secret!^^

HomeworldFinal Scan and Password.jpg

From left to right:

Faar left ist the "unbreakable Passwordsystem with 3 hardcore possibilities"^^ to enter one of the secret passages.
    The first Trapdoor from the left is the one that opens.
    If you go there:

HomeworldFinal Wheelpass.jpg

And theres another...
    Again very hard to solve, especially if you take a good look :D

For those with an IQ high enough to solve this, there a nice payoff....

Welcome to the

"Treasury"

HomeworldFinal Treasury.jpg

The Bookcases hold each a set of books (Racespecific, all Races)

The chests in the first room in the down-left corner hold every updgrade (Starmaps and Orespecific)
    and all boss-spawners and the materials they drop (Prozessor,Core...)

The room to the left holds all clothing. Not sure if it is "everything" there is, but its plenty^^
    The small room attached to it holds double items i found more than once.

Through the Clothingroom you can get to the

"Racerooms"

HomeworldFinal Races.jpg
    Those rooms only hold all the armor sets, just for storage purposes and well... every Race deserves its own Room, right? :D
    The small chest in the middle of the upper intersection holds the base Armors (Bronze, Silver, Gold...)

Back to the passwordlevel:

The secret door in the middle leads up to the "Dungeon", but the next Trapdoor to the right and down leads to the very important

"Workroom"

HomeworldFinal Work.jpg

Now this room is essential for every builder in my opinion!

From the left:

All Beds, all Tables, all Chairs, All doors;

Then up, the small room with the 4 wooden chests hold all lamps and lightsources.

Next to the right and down: Here are all existing Racespecific objects stored: Left Floran, down-left Human, right Avian, down-right Apex;

Next up and to the right: The left 6 lockers hold "all" storage objects
    The 6 on the right hold: Dye, all usable objects (Wooden Craftingtable, Robotic Craftingtable, Kitchen counters, Fireplaces, Furnaces....)

Now the biggest room down holds all Building Materials (Metals, Woods, Rock, Stone, Dirt... in all colours if found)

And the last room to the right holds all Materials which "need cooling"^^ ( Snow, ice, slush, Snowtreesaplings, Fleshblock, Leafblock, Vines, Snowballs, Iceblocks)

And up we go:

In the last Room to the right is nothing, just a freezer. If you find this rooms secret, there is, yes you guesed right, another Trapdoor, but this one, finally leads to

The "Real Home"

HomeworldFinal Park and Advanced Storage.jpg HomeworldFinal Messhall.jpg

You will fall down a pretty long duct right into water which i at the time directed down into the wooden form because i didn't use any mods like Buckets or similar...^^
    Right in the middle of those two pictures.
    The first shows a little park and underneath it is the "modern storage"
    Everything that didn't fit into the medieval castle is stored here: All kinds of Weapons (Blaster, sniperr., shotgun.....), All kinds of switches, Wirestuff (circuitboards.....)
    Bombs, Grenades....

The chest on the table holds all Legandary modern weapons i found.

Next picture shows the Messhall:
    The big Room is where you eat, the small upper room is where you chill back, eat and watch a movie; :D

On the right end of the Hall, is the Kitchen

The Freezers and storages in the lower first room hold around 50 cooked recipes!
    The small room at the far right holds every fruit, vegetable, meat, eggs (Thx to eggstraclucks!!^^) and milk

One level down we now reach a nearly fully modreserved room!

The "R & D Lab"

HomeworldFinal Lab.jpg

Nearly everthing you see here is thx to: Fracking Flora, Starmount and Stimlab somehow mixed together^^

The Chests in the lower part: First room holds all "ores" vanilla and Fracking flora, one chest for each one for faster and easier use :D

The second room holds the new powders and special materials like mercury from FF.

On the left side of the lab is

The "Library"

HomeworldFinal Library and Tech.jpg

The small room in the upper part holds all techs and blueprints for Raceclothing I foundmore than once.

The lower, grand room, contains a hermetically sealed storage for all Recipes for food as well as biomespecific objects (Rainbowobjects, Flowerobjects....)

Ok, now the last two rooms! :D

The "Bath"

HomeworldFinal Bath.jpg

(I say it now: what comes next is RP)

"After some digging i found strange Stone inside the soil...
    Carefully i worked my way through the wall, into what seemed to be a large cave.
    Strange paintings on the walls and on the ground was a fluid which has healing properties (Thx to FF again xD)
    So i made a bath out of it^^"

And the last room and yet the most important "timesaver"

The "Teleportation-Hub"

HomeworldFinal Teleport.jpg

I can't tell you how much time i saved by placing those around the place!
    If you look around you can find the teleportation pads^^
    I hope you like it, have fun :D

19. Albussystems

Part 3:

So i had this shabby prison on my planet, thats why i didn't build further left :D

@M_Sipher repurposed a building - i liked the idea i started to... I have to say i am happy it is done... got a bit boring in the end xD

But am happy with the result^^

Let me know what you think, oh and sry for the "before" picture, i didn't want to uninstall mods and reset the planet so i took those^^
    Have fun

Prison-Before-Web.jpg
    Prison-after.jpg

I think i'll upload some closer pic in a bit.

20. TrueEdge

TrueEdge Phantasmal Quasar

I must say, the way you re-purposed the dungeon is very inspiring! I myself only replaced the decor and left the structure intact. Perhaps I shall do some deeper modifications!