1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird planet generation, anyone else?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Iaeyan Elyuex, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Iaeyan Elyuex

Iaeyan Elyuex Cosmic Narwhal

Is anyone else getting an exorbitantly high amount of "radioactive star" planets around frozen stars? I was looking for a 'Knog tower to appropriate for rails and wall panels, and the stars I checked had at least 2 or 3 jungle or mutant planets. Is that normal? I don't remember that being a thing recently.

EDIT: Get this: No Miniknog towers on the ice planets, but there is one on the jungle planet. :nurushock:Checked the server feed. We need a mod that tells you what dungeons generated on a planet, but that's another post for another time.

2. Tamorr

Tamorr Supernova

It happens. After all the universe is more than a lifetime of exploring. I think it is something like 1-2 tiers will have an uncommon occurrence in systems and the rest outside that range even rarer. At least in my experience. It is all part of the procedural generation. :nuruhappy:

Also note: I thought was going to be about the planets themselves. The terrain generation... :nurutease:

3. littlestabber

littlestabber Void-Bound Voyager

i thought it was about the planets generation... because many times i found myself in a snow planet of a frozen star with a lush planet grassland (sorry about the bad english, i'm brazilian:nuruneutral:)

T0ASTY likes this.
  4. Never

Never Pangalactic Porcupine

Same, it's bad wording in the title. It should be something like "Weird solar system generation, anyone else?"

T0ASTY and littlestabber like this.