Spooky Weird Dreamz Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KookyKeronian, Feb 22, 2015.

?

What kind of dreams do you have more frequently?

1. Dreams

47.5%
  2. Nightmares

17.0%
  3. Lucid Dreams

18.4%
  4. I never dream!

17.0%
  1. Tlactl

Tlactl Astral Cartographer

A few nights ago I dreamt that there was an asteroid that was hurtling towards earth, so we had to evacuate it. We went to a launch pad with a massive rocket on it (for some reason the rocket was in the middle of a large city) and right before the launch some debris hit the launch tower and the whole rocket started to tip over. We launched anyways and flew to safety, and after that everyone was celebrating. The caption was celebrating with us and no one was steering, so we crashed into the moon. I don't really remember anything after that

I_am_the_Storm likes this.
  2. Tlactl

Tlactl Astral Cartographer

Waking up at 5 AM so u go back to sleep for what you think is an hour but when u wake up again
    [​IMG]

3. Jerln

Jerln Black Hole Surfer

I dreamed that a legion of undead warriors fought a demon trying to destroy the world, and I was there too for some reason but to get back and forth between the world about to be destroyed and the real world, I had to activate a series of devices that each had a tiny lightbulb attached. The demon had a pretty cute daughter. Then, the demon won and turned everybody in the world into angry dogs. Every time I went to get softserve icecream from a machine, I had to run around while it was dispensing, or else I would get bit.

4. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Did u guys know that in dreams u can't read text ?
    And clock won't move

5. Kashmir

Kashmir Giant Laser Beams

I have read a newspaper article before and I even remember it. It was about U2 being in a plane crash and Bono died.
    It was so real I cried for hours.

6. amirmiked12

amirmiked12 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I dont know but scientists are telling these

7. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Phantasmal Quasar

I think you could possibly, in lucid dreams. But a majority of the time, you're not very aware in dreams, and you can't pay attention to small details like reading, the lines in the palms of your hands, certain symbols, etc.

8. I_am_the_Storm

I_am_the_Storm Space Penguin Leader

Yes, that's true. It's just a shame you can't control a dream as a whole. Yeah, there's some steps how to control your dreams, but even details are important, such as you said.
    Imagine that... you had a hard day in work, you go to sleep and when you start dreaming, then you can do whatever you want. You can be on beach and have a yacht, you can live as a secret agent, you can be a first human, who landed on Mars, and many other dream-things,
    But on the other hand... no one will want to get out from the bed and leave his/her dreams. Of course, it depends on your point of view.

LOL BALL likes this.
  9. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Phantasmal Quasar

In Lucid Dreaming, you're more aware than you are in most dreams, sometimes allowing you to change the dream. Sometimes it can be so clear, that you can't even change things in the dream, but you'll still feel super aware that you're there. Sometimes, getting scared enough in a lucid dream can lead up to sleep paralysis, which is horrible in many different ways. I remember having a nightmare-ish thing about having sleep paralysis.

10. Biirdy

Biirdy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Some months ago I had a dream where I was regularly getting out of my house, running to the west side of a muddy pond with an old wood log in it, and every time I get there I removed one of my ribs to throw it on the log, (there was no flesh on it) the first time I get my rib back, but the other times I've left the ribs on the log. Then about 10 ribs later, the pile of ribs was... Screaming, with multiples long high-pitched voices, there screams were really weak and faded, it was a bit scary.X3

Jerln likes this.
  11. Jellyman

Jellyman Sandwich Man

When i had 6 years, i had a extremely weird dream (or nightmare?)
    Well, i was waking up, meanwhile i told my mom there is a ghost in the staircase and she killed it.
    Then i was going to sleep, i again was waking up and i told my mom there is a ghost in staircase and she killed it again.
    And some times more, and then i really waked up.

LOL BALL and Biirdy like this.
  12. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Scruffy Nerf-Herder

One time I had a dream that I was in the down-stairs section of my old church. I found Pewdiepie down there and there was a bald guy too who was threatening to take down his Youtube channel. So I saved my game and attempted to kill the bald guy with my bare hands. When that didn't work I took out my knife and finished him off. Then I got away in a car, but a giant plant ate the car with me in it and I saw it in 3rd person.

This is what I get for playing Postal 2 before bed.

Biirdy and LOL BALL like this.
  13. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Can confirm, i've experienced both of those in lucid dreams.
    I have definitely dreamt of text before. I dreamt a code and spent several minutes trying to read and memorise it so i could wake myself up and google it. It didn't lead to anything though, just nonsense.
    I've also dreamt of a clock moving, and thought "Huh. I heard clocks don't move in dreams. Must not be true."

Lucid dreaming isn't as great as it sounds, because it's, ironically, not very lucid. You might dream you are flying, but what are you flying over? You might look at the ground and see nothing. Not even an empty grey void, it just feels like your eyes are closed (because they are).

Your dreams are only fractions of past experiences, not whole experiences in themselves. It's like watching a cartoon where only a third of the details have been drawn, but you've read parts from the script so you know what some of the unidentifiable interpretations are.

You also do not have full control over your dreams even when lucid. I believe it's influenced by your own self-confidence and suspension of disbelief. If you worry about losing control of the dream, you lose control of the dream. So to keep control you have to insist that you are in control, and that your interpretation of your dream is the right one.
    Whenever i get sleep paralysis, i'm never scared. Even the first time, i was just curious how i was moving my hand, yet it wasn't moving. I wanted to know whether i was dreaming the sight or the feeling. It turned out to be both! I remember once i felt the edge of my desk and thought "i moved this desk away from my bed two months ago, so i must be dreaming the feeling!"

also my dreams suck because i can't dream taste or temperature so i never get ice cream :(

I_am_the_Storm and LOL BALL like this.