1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Weird bug, that happened.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Teleshka, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Teleshka

Teleshka Space Hobo

Hello everyone,

Well, to state the obvious I've heard that Starbound has plenty of bugs. And I ran into one, sadly it ruins the game...
    So, my brother and I, play Starbound both on the same computer; we just take turns. I was done playing, I let my sibling go on and he noticed that his world was different, that is has changed. The problem was that when I was playing and when I "save and quit" it possibly overwrote his world save data with mine. For example, in the "Outpost" before you defeat the "Dreadwing the Penguin" the area where he is in, the store are all closed, the lights are off, right? So, since he didn't defeat "Dreadwing the Penguin" his "outpost" should be the way it's supposed to be before you defeat him. But since I defeated him, my world changed, and at the same time, for some reason, Idk, it overwrote his world as if he defeat "Dreadwing the Penguin''... That's just one of the many things he noticed that has changed. So I decided to go with one instead of making this long and boring. Please hand some advice over to help me out? :D

Thanks,

:p

P.S.
    I've been digging and I found out that there might be a problem in the "universe.dat" file. Idk.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Outpost state is shared universe-wise. Unless you're using different universes when playing the outpost state will be shared between your characters regardless of who did what.

~ Iris ~

3. Teleshka

Teleshka Space Hobo

That's quite sad that it's implemented and not a bug. Ugh... It ruins the game for the another character...

Well, thank you for explaining. :)