Web Games

Discussion in 'Games' started by HueHuey, Sep 13, 2016.

1. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

Share your finest time eating browser games.

To get the ball rolling:
    Amorphous+ Tons of achievements, different enemies and items.
    Stick Ranger Classes, stats, drop rates, weapons, and magic items to painfully get your party through the enormous world with many enemies, some very OP bosses, and PvP (sort of).

Arra likes this.
  2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Fallen London, delicious friend!

http://fallenlondon.storynexus.com/

Excellent writing, great storytelling, and fun to boot. And it's free, though you can use real money to buy new stories and other things, but it's hardly pay-to-win.

newcomer3, Arra and HueHuey like this.
  3. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Dangit Jonesy....I'm addicted

Jonesy likes this.
  4. Jonesy

newcomer3 and Arra like this.
  5. Arra

Arra The End of Time

6. Jonesy

There's an eldritch entity known as the Bazaar, owned by a group of beings called the Masters. They've acquired a number of cities throughout history by making deals with their leaders, before dragging them underground to a massive cavern known as the Neath. London is the fifth city they've acquired, after Queen Victoria traded it in exchange for her husband's life being saved from illness. Despite the imperfect result, London was dragged underground, where Victorian era life goes on under the guidance of the Masters amidst the wonders and horrors of the Neath.

Arra likes this.
  7. Arra

Arra The End of Time

Woah.

8. Jonesy

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Also, please note that one-word posts are frowned upon.

Arra likes this.
  9. Arra

Arra The End of Time

AH DANGIT SORRY! IS THIS ENOUGH OF THE WORDS?

But seriously sorry. Forgot about that for a moment

10. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

If you are into classic RPGs, look up the Epic Battle Fantasy series, the first two in the series are just a sequence of menu driven battles that require a lot of strategy on bosses, while 3 and 4 have maps, NPCs with side quests, skill and equipment upgrades added to the battle system. These games are mostly themed like the Final Fantasy series, but they also include references to other games.

Lil' Mini and Arra like this.
  11. Lil' Mini

Lil' Mini Phantasmal Quasar

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592473 This right here, is Madness: Project Nexus.

A simple story driven beat-them-up game where you mostly play as the two helpers of Hank; Sanford and Deimos. (You'll also get to play as Hank in two of those quests!) However, it also features an Arena mode, where you can create your very own Madness character and fully outfit him and train him with tons of stuff! Want a katana wielding ninja? Done. Want a machine-gun tank? Done. Want a beardy kung-fu master? DONE! You'll be grinding wave after wave of victims and you can get some help on top of it too! A seemingly unskilled grunt is what you can buy, but just like your own character he will develop his skill overtime depending on what you give him. Don't want a simple grunt as a teammate though? No worries! Hire Jesus and Tricky to help you dish out some bloody blows on the poor fools that get thrown in the room with you! There's even a zombie survival mode for those characters who climb up to lvl 30! But don't expect a walk in the park, the zombies are mean and they are fast. They will grab your gun and toss it away, and once more than 2 get close to you... Then you'll just end up as the piece of steak I had for lunch today. So put shortly, keep your distance from them.

Also note that I refer the grunts as victims. Well that's only after several rounds. In the beginning your pathetic character will drop the soap and get manhandled by several people with blunt and sharp objects. This will most likely repeat some times until your pathetic character finally have got the training to be able survive. But after that I'm gonna say it's pretty much a walk in the park, at least it was for me.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    Jerln likes this.
  12. HueHuey

13. newcomer3

newcomer3 Big Damn Hero

It should be mentioned that Fallen London is available as an iOS app and has a spinoff game (Sunless Sea) on Steam, and another (Sunless Sky) in the works. Haven't played Sunless Sea, but it looks like a really solid game.

14. Interference-Tinkerer

Interference-Tinkerer Tentacle Wrangler

browser games....

candy box! and its sequel comes to mind. It's an idle browser game though, so expect to wait for a long, long time before you can buy that upgrade/potion/cauldron. I finished the first game in a month, most of that is grinding on candies and lolipops, and the second one in around 3 weeks, most of that also went to grinding on candies and lolipops.

They're pretty challenging [on the later levels anyway], and can be left alone in the background while you're off exploring the universe or battling with the monster that is Real Life.

And yes, they're completely free.

15. Surn_Thing

Surn_Thing Pangalactic Porcupine

16. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

Webgames...
    Heh.
    Flash Games

Kingdom Hearts Unchained.
    (Has a mobile called Kingdom Hearts Unchained X)
    I also used to play Fallen London. I got pretty fair as a Detective.

Strike Force Heroes 3 or 2
    Really good series
    Do some missions, level up your character...
    It's kind like if Call of Duty was 2D.
    3 has more content, and better everything... but has you buying heroes and switching between your characters, while 2 lets you control just 1.

HueHuey likes this.
  17. HueHuey

There are HTML5 games now, get with the times :lickitung:

With all of its flaws :lickitung:

Plazma Burst 2 FTW
    But the multiplayer is dead now
    Never thought i could be so nostalgic of a flash game.

Also, a little short, but up there with the best: Tri-Achnid, made by the same dude of Super Meat Boy and The Binding of Isaac before he was cool.

18. fairyhedgehog

fairyhedgehog Intergalactic Tourist

Has anyone mentioned Kingdom of Loathing?

It's a black and white mostly text adventure with stick figure drawings. It's curiously compelling and I spent far too much time on it in the past.

19. Ren Fox

Ren Fox Big Damn Hero

It definitely focuses on humor and 'realism' instead of good graphics or mechanics.

Alcohol references everywhere.

20. deepmind

deepmind Aquatic Astronaut