1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Weather Discussion and Question

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BasicallyNuclear, Jun 28, 2015.

?

Whats your favorite type of weather

1. Ash

4.2%
  2. Clear

8.3%
  3. Drizzle

8.3%
  4. Ember

4.2%
  5. Thunder Storm

8.3%
  6. Glowing Rain

33.3%
  7. Ground Mist

12.5%
  8. Heavy Rain

8.3%
  9. Rain

4.2%
  10. Something else (comment)

8.3%
  1. BasicallyNuclear

BasicallyNuclear Big Damn Hero

My favorite is the thunder storm because, I like how it collects so it adds realism.

Also...

I cannot unpack the assets using the unpacker. Anyone got a list on on what weather happens on what planet?

For example: I am looking for what planets have thunderstorms and what a blizzard does to harm you?

2. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

http://starbounder.org/Weather

^ That should be mostly correct. I'll double check it when I get the chance. I'll also look into the exact effects and try to add all of those to the wiki.

And my favorite is Ground Mists and Glowing Rain. (Even though the icon for Ground Mists looks like some red god person and confuses everybody)

3. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

I prefer Heavy rain, especially when I'm inside my humble abode enjoying my sweet cup of java and wartweed jam donuts. Eating while enjoying the view outside watching some mobs walking and jumping around knowing that you feel safe and comfy .

4. BasicallyNuclear

What type of planet are you on?

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

The unpacker is not a GUI based tool. So simply running it will not work.
    You have to use a batch file or run it through CMD to make it work.

You can learn more about it here
    http://community.playstarbound.com/threads/how-to-successfully-pack-and-unpack-pak-files.66649/

BasicallyNuclear likes this.
  6. BasicallyNuclear

7. Biirdy Daysleeper

Biirdy Daysleeper Weight of the Sky

Statement. I prefer the (heavy) acid rain. *w* (but glowing rain is cool too)

8. Kattanos

Kattanos Pangalactic Porcupine

When I finally get my AMDS (Anti Meteor Defense System) I will colonize meteor infested planets! I want the ability to install/place a device that will prevent block damage from environment within X units of the device.. I don't care if it simply prevents it by making them immune to weather damage or makes a bubble which meteors will not spawn.. I just want a means to colonize the surface of the meteor infested planets! Being able to make bunkers/shelters from the meteoric onslaught appeals to me.. I'm sure it would interest others to have a means to defend their structures from meteors as well.. Until then, I'll just build my base inside a magma biome in an under sea lab sort of fashion..

9. XRiZUX

XRiZUX Spaceman Spiff

Snow, rain, fog, ground mist... I like those the most, but I like that there are more weather types of course, the more there are the more experiences the game has to offer to the player.

I'd like to see mixed up weathers though, like sandstorm mixed with ember for example. Or ground mist with snow, ground mist with rain, fog with heavy rain, etc etc etc.

Biirdy Daysleeper likes this.
  10. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I'll be happy when weather is more than visuals for much of it. Sandstorms and snowstorms should push you around. Fire-rain should, oh, set you on fire if you come in contact with the big flaming chunks.

BasicallyNuclear likes this.
  11. BasicallyNuclear

Post that in the suggestions

12. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

Ehn. I'm pretty certain it's a thing that's in the cards already, just not implemented yet because other things are taking priority.

13. BasicallyNuclear

also I THINK it does it in the nightly

14. Slippery Slime

Slippery Slime Big Damn Hero

Ash fits volcanic planets so well, I gotta go with that

15. M_Sipher

M_Sipher Oxygen Tank

I mean... there's a ton of stuff I wanna see in the game, but so much of it falls under... well, "frippery". It's nitpicky detail and polish stuff, some of which I figure is already on-slate for future implementation once the Big Things are dealt with.

They're neck-deep hammering our the core game. I'd rather they work on that now than spend time making like Blueprints for Rubium Chests and such, or placable versions of those wooden dummies we see in the Vanity Armor descriptions that we can then dress up, or food items as placable decor and etc etc etc etc. Once the heavy stuff slows down, THEN I'll hammer them with my drawings for new biomes and large underground dungeons or city-types and blarblar.

16. The Squid

The Squid Oxygen Tank

Embers are my favorite. I love looking off of the top of a volcanic peak after a meteor shower, watching the embers swirl all around me. Also they make Avian airships a whole lot cooler.

17. Autzome

Autzome Black Hole Surfer

Ground mist.

The world feels like it's hiding a secret, like I shouldn't be here and the sky itself is giving me a warning.

Love it.

18. Enkiyr

Enkiyr Void-Bound Voyager

Glowing rain is the BEST !!! *w*