1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Weapon station & Blacksmith 1.4 (Upbeat Giraffe)

Upgrade your weapons ... (just stock up batteries)

1. Boogieman16

Boogieman16 Void-Bound Voyager

I have some problems with the Dark Nano cells, I don't know if im the only one but i can't decrease the Energy Cost of my Weapons.
    (sry for bad English)

2. ssinerrdegahr

ssinerrdegahr Space Hobo

Hey, I'm running the upbeat giraffe version, and for some reason when I try to place the blacksmith / weapon station, they disappear; Like the game just eats them. This is occurring in multiplayer; do I have to place the workstations in singleplayer?

Update: Placed in single player, then brought into multiplayer. Dunno what exactly causes that, but there you go, problem isolated a little.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  3. butilka4

butilka4 Big Damn Hero

I've got a problem, which I don't know what to do about:
    I'm in my ship as a human, it's class V - I placed the weapon station and put loads of Green Nano cells - 125 To be exact.
    When I went throwing my gun at it, it didn't get upgraded for some reason - I kept throwing it back & back - nothing!

Edit - NVM - just had to use the station when I throw the items Near it first so they can be accepted.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2015
  4. Snebbers

Snebbers Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I believe the server that you're playing on has to have the mod installed too otherwise they just appear as perfectly generic items, I had this problem with some other mods, as soon as I placed them in a chest they turned into the famous green cube in the blink of an eye.

As for the creator, I don't suppose you'd be willing to do the same thing for armour :) so you can upgrade maxHealth, maxEnergy and protection. Admittedly I have had a fiddle and generated my own assets based on this but I can't seem to get the bench to change my armour pieces!

EDIT: Ignore what I said, firetime is not rate of fire. and thus rate of fire on weapons increases exponentially.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
  5. lillgrinn

lillgrinn Phantasmal Quasar

6. AskalCanrith

AskalCanrith Scruffy Nerf-Herder

heya, thanks for a great mod.
    A question; a few updates ago I could modify crossbows, now they just disappear after applying the cells in the weapon station. Is this WAI?

7. StarBrethren

StarBrethren Phantasmal Quasar

Excellent mod! I did a showcase and showed it to my community : )

8. Kitfox942

Kitfox942 Void-Bound Voyager

I go to upgrade my favorite steel chair weapon and the blacksmith just eats it an now my it's gone forever. It works for just about all other weapons but the steel chairs that are dropped at USMC Penal Colonies. What's up with that. It took me 3 weeks to find a prison that would drop a steel chair and now its gone.

9. TheSilentObserver

TheSilentObserver Big Damn Hero

So, I figured I'd give this a spin and see how it worked out... tried to upgrade my sniper rifle, and it just ate the damn thing. Was afraid that might happen. Oh well. It's a cool idea. I hope other folks are getting more usage out of it than I did.

10. BiancaRoughFin

BiancaRoughFin Void-Bound Voyager

@lillgrinn:
    I did exactly as you said to do on the description of the mod, Throw the Dark Cells near the anvil, right click to add to it then throw the weapon next to the anvil and right click it. The weapons simply vanish.

11. lillgrinn

Oh... I will check and I will try to correct this error.[DOUBLEPOST=1426583128][/DOUBLEPOST]
    I swear, I will correct this error so quickly as soon as I will be able.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2015
  12. lillgrinn

I couldn't reproduce a similar error on my computer.
    Please, if mod works with an error, send me the starbound.log file for the analysis.
    Also report what version of game at you.

13. BiancaRoughFin

BiancaRoughFin Void-Bound Voyager

I got it working on the Range weapons, i crafted the right station for them but the melee one still doesnt work.
    There is also a bug when using Cells to increase a weapon's fire rate. Some times you use the upgrade and it doesnt show any difference and suddently it shows a huge number when it reaches the max upgrade.

14. lillgrinn

If you want, I can send you mod, with the enabled debugging messages, and you will send me the starbound.log file for the analysis.

15. jasonmbrown

jasonmbrown Void-Bound Voyager

I had a bug, Similiar to the person above. Put Cells into the upgrade table thing, Threw Gun onto it. And then gun dissapeared. Heres the error log http://pastebin.com/YAYYwkbR *Thats the servers log* The error is near the bottom *Line Number 191:*

16. lillgrinn

You can unload all mods and try only with it? Perhaps there is a conflict with some of other mods?

17. General_Durandal

General_Durandal Big Damn Hero

The game was recently updated to Pleased Giraffe, or something like that.
    I hope you make an update for this mod, it's one of my must haves.

18. lillgrinn

General_Durandal likes this.