Weapon damage and ammo are really messed up.

Discussion in 'Wiki Discussion' started by JamesConway0013, May 26, 2015.

1. JamesConway0013

JamesConway0013 Void-Bound Voyager

That needs some fixing.

2. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

You're being very vague. First of all, you're posting this in Wiki Discussion; are you talking about the weapon damage and ammo information on the wiki? Otherwise, this is the wrong place to post about this.

Second, you're not providing any detail whatsoever about what you're talking about. How are they messed up? What sort of fixing do they need? A thread consisting of a title and a sentence is not enough to convey the necessary amount of information.

3. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

Also, the next major update is a combat update that completely revamps weapons. So... *shrugs*

NerArth likes this.
  4. NerArth

NerArth Pangalactic Porcupine

Like Jonesy said, I'm not sure what you may be referring to, but I have noticed some inconsistencies in weapon power vs energy spent. But if there's a combat update coming like Garatgh Deloi said, it may be the case that we shouldn't be too concerned about it for the time being.

5. DrgnKakashi

DrgnKakashi Subatomic Cosmonaut

Are you referring to the Nightly Build or the Stable Build?

I have been playing on the Nightly Build and it seems to balance the weapons a bit further and adds elemental damage to them. The weapons also get buffed from the armor now, so the better the armor the more damage you will be dishing out.

NerArth likes this.
  6. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Yup, and on nightly the basedps of weapons is crazy, on stable you get numbers like..
    tier 1: 9 base damage, tier 2, 20.5 or some nonsense..

On nightly, it's like, 0.5, 1, 1.5 etc. per tier.

7. JamesConway0013

Yes, I mean info on wiki is really messed up.

8. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

Because it's already outdated wiki.

DrgnKakashi and NerArth like this.
  9. DrgnKakashi

Yeah, stopped using the WIki for up to date stuff since it seems its all Koala stuff with a few Giraffe updates here and there

NerArth likes this.
  10. Jonesy

You still haven't said how they're mixed up, and what needs fixing.

11. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Yeah, there's some updating that needs to be done for recent weapon changes. Most low tier weaps are good, it's the top 3 tiers or so that haven't been updated yet. last few updates have had some sweeping changes to weapon damage and armor stats so it takes a bit longer to get the wiki in sync.

Thanks for being so thorough, post away if you find any other areas in need of updating.

12. Varixai

Varixai Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

The wiki does not have a paged called "info". Can you please provide the name of at least 1 wiki page that is "messed up"?

As others have said though, if you are talking about a weapon, especially a ranged weapon, that information will be changing in the very next update, so there is no point in updating it right this second when we'll be changing it again in a week.

Quite honestly, I have a hard time seeing what you are talking about. It sounds like your knowledge of the wiki is out of date.

The problem we have run into the past 2 weeks is that we are actually too up to date. Most of the wiki content already reflects Pleased Giraffe, which is confusing people because they are still playing Spirited Giraffe. (Resulting in edits that leave a page saying "removed in Pleased Giraffe, restored in Spirited Giraffe"..)

Katzeus has continued to pump out content like a 2nd job, and myself and a few others have been helping a good amount as well.

If you would like to have a useful wiki, please check it out. If you see things that are out of date then by all means let us know (specifics) so we can fix them, and then they won't be out of date anymore. (or better yet, as with all wikis, you can even fix it yourself while your there)

Dunto likes this.
  13. JamesConway0013

I mean info about weapons on their pages needs fixing.
    Or does Starbounder provide info about Unstable Starbound?

14. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Man kind has spent thousands of years perfecting language. It allows us to communicate among one another. It would help if you explained what you believe is incorrect, and how you would go about resoling the discrepancy.

15. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Varixai is totally on point, everything is publicly editable...anyone has the ability to update if they find areas that need it. It's the community wiki so don't hesitate to involve yourself if you feel compelled -- if not that's what this forum is for. Discussion about what needs fixing is helpful because there are folks who'd love to help but don't know where to start.
    A number of things there are in nightly actually (more unstable than stable). What's being worked on there right now is the upcoming stable update stuff so when it gets pushed to stable there's a resource for people to use day one. It's an interesting balance between current state and future because of the pace of development in early access things are constantly changing.
    Provide a quote and a link; need more details

Dunto and Varixai like this.
  16. Jonesy

You have stated this three times, and have still failed to provide any details or examples.

Dunto, DDSS, lazarus78 and 3 others like this.
  17. DrgnKakashi

sorry bout posting so late but I with there being multiple wikis It got confusing which one was the official "GO TO" one for all the Starbound needs.

STARBOUNDER WIKI is the official one from what I can determine. (Sorry for the caps and larger letters, but I felt that most people may have overlooked the wiki pin at the top of the forums like I may have.

18. Pdub37

Pdub37 Space Hobo

Wait are we saying weapons in the game are messed up or weapons stats in the wiki are?

19. Jonesy

We established that it was to do with the wiki half a thread ago. But OP is yet to provide any further clarification beyond that.

Dunto, lazarus78 and Varixai like this.