1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue WEAPON CAUSING GAME CRASH

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by flibergdde, Jul 26, 2017.

1. flibergdde

flibergdde Subatomic Cosmonaut

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1090316955
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....620/CD32268C36DD0306482AC936224564A83DE5CA29/

That spear crashes the game when picked up. I got it at the end of an apex research facility, and when I pulled it out of the chest my game crashed. Then, when I logged back on, I was on my ship and it was in my inventory. when I tried to move it to the hot bar, the game crashed. After repeatedly logging on and crashing, I managed to throw it on the floor and build a cage around it so that I can continue to play normally. Please fix this, I want my ship space back. And my cat.

Cally94, pashinsky and PABL92 like this.
  2. MageKing17

MageKing17 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Does it still crash if you un-quickbar your current spear first?

flibergdde likes this.
  3. SteveNorris

SteveNorris Lucky Number 13

Made an account just for this. I'm having the exact same issue. I can't remember where I got it, but there's this gun (green tier assault rifle) that crashes me every time I do anything with it.
    EDIT: I just fixed it, kinda. I picked it up, crashed, restarted, selected it, crashed, restarted, put it in the trashcan slot, crashed, restarted, and then it was gone and I was good. Sucks, it was kinda good but ohwell.

pashinsky and flibergdde like this.
  4. andrielChaoti

andrielChaoti Void-Bound Voyager

I've managed to actually get data on this bug. There's a gist with some error logs, and I also have a set of player files containing a spear that will cause the game to crash. The specific case is when it is picked up or put down, moving from inventory to mouse cursor or back again.

https://gist.github.com/AndrielChaoti/c5755aeb6e477af8df2cb3c1b6d42b1a < there's 3 crash logs here.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
    pashinsky, flibergdde and PABL92 like this.
  5. flibergdde

Happened again, this time with a broadsword.
    Yep, seems to be it. There is also a separate crash that only takes you back to the menu, not closing the game (as does the one for moving it from inventory to cursor)

pashinsky likes this.
  6. FluxGuy

FluxGuy Space Hobo

This happened to me twice this week, both times with broadswords. So every time I find a new weapon I check that it doesn't crash the game whenever I select it.

pashinsky and flibergdde like this.
  7. pashinsky

pashinsky Void-Bound Voyager

How come there's still no fix for this? I stopped playing about two weeks ago just because of this. All I see is tens of people complaining and literally ZERO response from the developers.

Cally94, angryleek and flibergdde like this.
  8. flibergdde

Happened again wiyh an assult rifle.

9. Cally94

Cally94 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I guess this can be cause by a new bug where if you have a certain weapon type of a certain rarity in your hotbar, then trying to move a weapon of the same type and rarity in your inventory will cause a crash. So, for example, if you have a rare pistol in your hotbar, then selecting, dropping, or trashing a different rare pistol in your inventory will crash the game. I guess a work around would be to make sure you aren't moving a weapon type of a rarity that is the same as one you have in your hotbar. Remove the weapon from your hotbar, then move the other one in your inventory... what a pain...

Glad to see I'm not alone on this, but a bit upset that Chucklefish still hasn't responded. Here's to hoping that they know about the issue and are working on a fix. It's so weird that this just randomly started happening. I've played the game with zero issues for a while now and this just suddenly started happening today. Pretty demoralizing, but I guess we just hope for a fix soon :/

Nalvie, DrFreenote and flibergdde like this.
  10. flibergdde

Anyone crashing on beaming up to their ship? Making new thread for that

11. Nalvie

Nalvie Space Spelunker

A temporary fix is to trash the weapon i, it will crash again but when you reload the game the buggy weapon is gone. Hope they fix this soon

12. Nalvie

Nalvie Space Spelunker

Thank you for the explanation I just thought it was random. Hopefully now I can avoid it and I wont have to trash good weapons anymore

Cally94 likes this.
  13. CrazylikE

CrazylikE Void-Bound Voyager

I've had problems with this too. Just clicking on a specific item makes the game crash. Happened with 2 different weapons so far. Luckily I can place the item in the trash bin with a couple of crashes and get rid of the problematic item.

Actually, this just keeps happening to me and its getting really annoying. Being out exploring and you pick up an item, look at it, woha nice its an upgrade, click on the item BOOM crash. Then you gotta get back to where you was after spending time crashing 2 more times to get rid of the item. Was looking forward to playing this game, but this is messing up the fun im having with the game currently.

EDIT:

Just noticed your reply and yeah, this actually works, I can actually play the game without crashing now, but what an annoying bug. Hopefully we will have this fixed soon? Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2017
    Cally94 likes this.
  14. UniversalMan

UniversalMan Space Hobo

You are 100% correct about this. Just tested and worked. Thanks for the solution!

Cally94 likes this.
  15. Makeem

Makeem Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks so much for this, it was driving me nuts. I disabled mods and was still crashing so thought my save game was corrupt.

16. Holkiin

Holkiin Aquatic Astronaut

upload_2017-9-29_16-27-20.png
    this appears when i try to remove the items that make my game crash :/
    hope it's useful.

17. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Dude, pick it, go on a planet you're sure to never go to again, then place a container, place the buggy weapon it using shift, and then go