1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Ways to disable Admin in Steam multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BucketoBullets, Jan 5, 2017.

1. BucketoBullets

BucketoBullets Space Hobo

Me and my friends are really enjoying the game but recently I stumbled across the /admin command which enables alot of very overpowered cheats like giving items ect, We all said that we wouldn't abuse the command but I've known all of the friends for years and I know some of them will 100% use the cheats. I am using the steam join game thingy because I didn't know how to do a dedicated server and there is no console or anything in the steam version so is there a way to disable Admin or at least something to tell me when someone is using Admin? (I apologise in advance if its really obvious)

2. tehcavy

tehcavy Ketchup Robot

Get into your storage folder, find "starbound.config" file and open it with any text editor (WordPad will suffice). Find "allowAdminCommands" line (should be on top of the file) and change it's value from "true" to "false". Save it and you're good to go.
    This will only remove ability to /admin from you though. About other players, I can only advise to remember the cardinal rule of multiplayer sandboxes: play only with people you trust.

3. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Run the dedicated server software and you can set up a special account so only you can use admin.

+1 for why steam integration sucks!