1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Water engine exploit, the drain-less underwater hole.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by mutantlittle, Jan 20, 2017.

1. mutantlittle

mutantlittle Intergalactic Tourist

20170120105210_1.jpg I'm failing to understand this, I know starbound has a water Phy engine that's close to how real life water works, but I also know it should fill that hole because of several underground caverns flooded and when ever I try to dig from under a island it begins to fill instantly.

I found this by pure accident with the idea "I wanna fish underwater"; while yes I will confess to having 2 drains they aren't even needed. With the first attempted of "underwater fishing" I just had a 1X2 hole, I found out the fish didn't want to go in the hole, so I made a funnel (shown in the upper left) however it began to drain instantly once I added the 5th(at the time 6th) line.

This is incredibly easy to reproduce, all that is needed is a trapezoid with a 4 unit top and a 10 unit base, it's background filled and then drained of water with the matter manipulator.

2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

You created a "moon pool". It is working exactly as intended.