Warring Planet

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Stu and Improved, Jan 15, 2014.

?

Is this a good idea?

1. Very yes

60.0%
  2. Yes

40.0%
  3. I can't decide/I don't care but want to input my opinion to something for a badge or whatever

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Very no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Stu and Improved

Stu and Improved Spaceman Spiff

(This is my first suggestion. Gently, please!)
    So, you drag your ship off to a planet, doesn't have anything special about it on the navmap. You get into orbit, and notice you're seeing flashes from the surface of the planet. You beam down, note the large amount of craters, and are immediately gunned down by a squad of soldiers. Fun, fun, fun!

The basic premise of my idea is to have a planet that's at war with itself. You get quests involving fighting/sabotaging, there are mortar strikes/orbital bombardments, AI-controlled vehicles, multiple armies, the whole works. Don't ask me how it's supposed to be implemented, because I don't know! I just come up with ideas.

So, what are your thoughts?
    OTHER PEOPLE'S SUGGESTIONS:
    S.A.A.
    I love this idea.

It'd also be pretty neat to see warring planets. You go on one planet, and encounter a colony of some sort. Suddenly, you see another planet's military beam down or fly down in carriers/gunships/drop pods and they start taking over the place, only to be met by local resistance.

There can be multiple types of war settings:

1. Conquest/Imperialism (Take over land, neutralize threat. Don't kill civilians if you don't have to.) Reasons could be: Expand domain, colonization, exploit civilians for work, etc.
    2. Annihilation (Destroy the enemy completely)
    3. Objective (Invade to eliminate oppressive government, free civilians, extract item, jail-break)

Planets should also have alliances with on another. As a planet is successful, it increases its domain and eventually takes over a cluster of planets, then the solar system.

Also, it'd be cool if you could completely control your ship. When you enter the chair, the alternate option to changing location is flying it over the planets airspace with a mini-ship. You can then fly to a military carrier and either:

1. Fight it from the outside

2. Board it and blow things up from the inside.

In other words: Starwars Battlefront II conquest mode.

Note: Your ship is always unreachable by enemies when it's in orbit. However, when you "control the ship", you're taking a mini-ship, which is attached or materialized by your main ship, out of orbit and into the planet's airspace. If you go low enough, you'll reach the surface. You can try to physically land or you can use your ships weapons to attack the surface. Your ship will have blocks fly off as it's getting shot at. You can always jump out but hope that you land in water or have a parachute.

If your mini-ship gets destroyed, you'll have to use pixels or material(s) to recreate another mini-ship.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
    Centonux and S.A.A. like this.
  2. Stu and Improved

Hi, Stu, this is Stu.

I really think this could be a great idea. I feel like I would be invested in what happened to the planet, and it might be a chance to hone my anti-firearm skills. Maybe one of the quests could be to pilot a CAS plane and take out tanks or something!

3. Giom

Giom Intergalactic Tourist

I think this would be great but i don't know if it's possible right now, this might represent a lot of work !

4. S.A.A.

S.A.A. Subatomic Cosmonaut

I love this idea.

It'd also be pretty neat to see warring planets. You go on one planet, and encounter a colony of some sort. Suddenly, you see another planet's military beam down or fly down in carriers/gunships/drop pods and they start taking over the place, only to be met by local resistance.

There can be multiple types of war settings:

1. Conquest/Imperialism (Take over land, neutralize threat. Don't kill civilians if you don't have to.) Reasons could be: Expand domain, colonization, exploit civilians for work, etc.
    2. Annihilation (Destroy the enemy completely)
    3. Objective (Invade to eliminate oppressive government, free civilians, extract item, jail-break)

Planets should also have alliances with on another. As a planet becomes successful, it increases its domain and eventually takes over a cluster of planets, then the solar system.

Also, it'd be cool if you could completely control your ship. When you enter the chair, the alternate option to changing location is flying it over the planets airspace with a mini-ship. You can then fly to a military carrier and either:

1. Fight it from the outside

2. Board it and blow things up from the inside.

In other words: Starwars Battlefront II conquest mode.

Note: Your ship is always unreachable by enemies when it's in orbit. However, when you "control the ship", you're taking a mini-ship, which is attached or materialized by your main ship, out of orbit and into the planet's airspace. If you go low enough, you'll reach the surface. You can try to physically land or you can use your ships weapons to attack the surface. Your ship will have blocks fly off as it's getting shot at. You can always jump out but hope that you land in water or have a parachute.

If your mini-ship gets destroyed, you'll have to use pixels or material(s) to recreate another mini-ship.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2014
    Centonux likes this.
  5. Stu and Improved

Adding this to the OP. Good work out there.

Centonux and S.A.A. like this.
  6. S.A.A.

Thanks. This game is awesome in the Beta stage and has so much potential. Even if our ideas don't get implemented, they will be out there for modders and future game developers.

Centonux likes this.
  7. S.A.A.

I haven't been on in a while, but I've checked the forums and there's nothing of the like that's been posted recently, so I'd like to revive this thread, give some more exposure, and hopefully discussion.

Centonux likes this.
  8. Centonux

Centonux Space Hobo

This would be interesting to see! This also could be expanded to an entire star system. For example, there are two main faction planets, and each other planet is being fought for control. You choose a side to help (or be a double agent) and lead that faction to victory (or lead them both to destruction). They would reward you and whatnot, and the star system is theirs. You could eventually make a name for yourself, and then factions would contact you and pay you to help them win their own battles. Something like that may be more complex, but this entire idea would be a very cool addition to the game!

S.A.A. likes this.
  9. S.A.A.

It's really nice to see people still posting in these old threads. :D

Many of our ideas are old, but that doesn't mean they can't make the game fresh!