1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Warped back the ship after going to orbited Planet

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Xpheonis123, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Xpheonis123

Xpheonis123 Void-Bound Voyager

I don't know how this started, but whenever I load up Starbound, everything seems fine. The problem starts when I teleport to the orbited planet. It seems to work, but nothing shows up except for my character that showed perfectly fine. About a second after I teleport to the orbited planet, I get send straight back to my ship. I can only get to a planet if it has a flag on it. 20170127191130_1.jpg 20170127191140_1.jpg

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

~ Iris ~

3. Xpheonis123

I think I have mods installed, I don't know.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

You had mods via workshop installed but you removed them. So your game is trying to access non existent assets causing this crash.

~ Iris ~

5. Xpheonis123

The bug happened with the mods, I uninstalled them to try and fix it. It didn't work.

6. Iris Blanche

Well according to the log you provided it is a modding issue. When it happens with the mods installed you'll have to redownload them, reproduce the issue and then attach the log.

~ Iris ~

7. Xpheonis123

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice and it still happened. I'll look for the mods that I had.

8. Xpheonis123

Ok, I'm still looking through the mods, but I decided to run the game to see if all the mods I resubscribed to did anything. I teleported down, nothing and got send straight back. Then I teleported to one of my flags, it worked, but seconds later it sent me straight back to my ship. I'll give you the log of my recent test. Note, I reinstalled the Tracer Blink mod, it shows up a lot, and I mean A LOT in this log. Edit- It's mentioned 5588 times.

Attached Files:

9. Xpheonis123

Ok, I've installed all of the familiar mods and launched the game, the issue is still there. The log is way smaller than the log with the 5588 Tracer Blinks.

Attached Files:

10. Charlatan

Charlatan Parsec Taste Tester

Forgive me if I barge in, but your sole problem in that log relates to the world not being able to find/load an entity called "uncommonredbreastcritter"

This calls out "outdated mod" yet again. Googling around, I could not find anything called like this.

An exact list of the mods you use right now, and the mods you used before the problem started, could save your savegame.

Since it is labeled a critter, it should be some mod influencing local wildlife / pets / fauna.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  11. Xpheonis123

I found something, I was looking at the critters of Starbound on Starbounder.org, and I found a name similar to the "uncommonredbreastcritter", it was called "RedBreastCritter". I don't think this has anything to do with a mod, but a file in the game.

12. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

If that were the case, then everyone would be seeing this issue.

It is mod related.

Charlatan likes this.
  13. Charlatan

lazarus again said it more truth-fully and bluntly than I want. Mods you have SURELY cause errors causing a chain reaction up to the point of the log you have - but eventually, it is mods. The vanilla game after recent patches definitely runs fine except for really, REALLY outdated systems.

"Chain reaction" because yours refers initially to a vanilla thing, but it goes on and on from there.
    I'm sorry, but modded gameplay is your responsibility first. We can only help if we know exactly -every- mod and selfmade change you made.

I did ask for a clear list of the mods involved - only with this we can help you.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  14. lazarus78

I did a search on that name and it doesnt exist in the vanilla files, so yeah, not the game at all

I am mostly sure the world the game is trying to load is an existing one that was not cleared, so it has data from when mods were installed.

Charlatan likes this.
  15. Charlatan

100% agree. With some hope and luck, that game can be restored though, if the one faulty mod is known.

16. lazarus78

Or delete the planet file and let the game regenerate it.

17. Xpheonis123

Ok, I got it working. I think it was because I deleted the planet file like Laz said, but I noticed something new when I loaded it up. Right under the Starbound logo was Frackin' Universe, a mod that I installed to find the critter. It must not have loaded when I launched it, but now it's working just fine. Thanks for all your help!