1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Vulpes Mk. II Vr. Pleased Giraffe Glad Update ^.^

Adds a custom anthropomorphic fox race

1. FluffyFox1213

FluffyFox1213 Void-Bound Voyager

I've got a character creation extender that works for the Glad Giraffe update... Yet this mod fails to work. I see it in red text on the corner of the screen so it seems the game recognizes it, but all I'm able to use is the default characters and the new race doesn't show up in the extender. What am I doing wrong?

2. nerfcrazy5

nerfcrazy5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Don't know if the visible genitals were necessary, but pretty cool mod nonetheless.

3. RiverTheFoxGirl

RiverTheFoxGirl Void-Bound Voyager

Will this be updated for the official launch of starbound which releases today?

4. Leinad Werecat

Leinad Werecat Subatomic Cosmonaut

I am hoping it will be, since my gf won't play unless she can be a fox xD

5. Cassius Faux

Cassius Faux Void-Bound Voyager

Loved this mod when it worked, will it be updated for 1.0 soon/plopped on the workshop? Or is it dead in the water?

6. Spike Rose

Spike Rose Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've sort of gotten this mod to function again. By that I mean editing an already-functional 1.0 mod race and adjusting the sprites to fit. It's not something I would consider professional enough to release in any sort, yet. I am still working on making this into a presentable form, in case no one else is.

7. rikusorasephiroth

rikusorasephiroth Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you do get it presentable, will you do a Stem release, on here or both?

8. Spike Rose

I'm sure I will need permissions from Rose and the coders who helped keep this mod up to date. Using placeholders from vanilla assets, I can keep this mod stable. At the moment I am still on my way to the outpost, we will see if I need to make more adjustments there. I want to make sure this is in stable condition so nobody has to reset or delete save files.
    As for releases, as Rose would have to update the download here, I want to bring it to Steam when I feel it works well enough. I would also try the Nexus mod site, but I'm not familiar with how to set those up.

9. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

Well, someone I know tried to get this working in the current version but then it just won't create acharacter.

10. Spike Rose

I have it working, but it is not at a stage I want to release it at, as I will possibly make changes that require character wipes or instability.

11. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

That's fine by me. The only request I would make is to change the ship, personally I don't care for the Avian ship, at all >.<

12. rikusorasephiroth

rikusorasephiroth Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you do get the go-ahead, will you be doing anything with it yourself?
    Things like unique Codex entries, villages and racial weapons, for example?

13. Spike Rose

I doubt it, my focus is purely on compatibility.

That said, until someone does create unique armor and weapons, I'm thinking to give all vanilla racial armors/weapons recipes so that players have a choice of which ones they want to use. Unfortunately I can't offer the same variety with the races ship. I'm unsure which to use as a placeholder, as the opening level and ship world need some attention. Perhaps I'll change it to human or apex because they are "technologically advanced" after all.

14. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

Personally for a ship I would go with human or hylotl, though Floran would even be nicer and might show the Vulpes also respecting nature. Just my opinion. The Novakid ship is appealing to me too but then again I like steampunk stuffs.

The Apex ship is high tech and all but honestly I kind of hate it's layout when maxed, same reason I dislike the Avian ship.

15. Cassius Faux

Cassius Faux Void-Bound Voyager

Thats awesome news! Hope you can get permissions to toss it on the workshop! I do have one question for you however, will your version, if you release it, contain the rather silly "nudity"(3 pixels.) that this has, I don't think that'll pass on the workshop too well. And was a bit silly overall.

As for this, I think you could easily fit it to the Human ship/crafting recipies. Those worked well with this race, so I think they'd do as a good placeholder.

16. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

17. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

18. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

Just did. Much as I want it at least someone on here is trying to do it properly.

19. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

Actually, I just checked the mod permissions and this is allowed. Scummy, but it is allowed...

20. kurisu7885

kurisu7885 Big Damn Hero

Well to be fair I didn't see them taking credit, but it's still scummy to upload a mod you probably know doesn't work.