1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Virt: New Dev

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Space Core, Mar 24, 2012.

?

Do you want him on team?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No...

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. idk/idc

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space Core

Space Core Pangalactic Porcupine

hes a chip-tune artist meaning he put these together on an emulated 8-bit processor.
    Anyway as i said these are all listening songs not game songs, he would build songs for StarBound from the ground up (so he'd likely use a emulated 16-bit processor) to insure they were appropriate for the game.

2. Voyager

Voyager Spaceman Spiff

3. Vargus

Vargus Big Damn Hero

Its chip-tune. well. He describes it as chip-tune on his channel, technically it has to be performed on a chip to be called chip-tune, but yeah, thats the idea. 8-bit music :D

4. spacekurd

spacekurd Over 9000!!!

He is hired!

5. LadyAijou

LadyAijou Phantasmal Quasar

Just because he and Rho talked, it doesn't mean he's on the team. Seems like people are getting WAY ahead of themselves here, and jumping to conclusions. If Rho is a fan of his, it could have been nothing but personal chat for all anyone knows.

6. Wuzhles

Wuzhles Cosmic Narwhal

Most of these reminded me a lot of Sonic. You know the old ones on the Sega Genesis.

I don't know, judging by the music in the trailer which I assume is how they want it to sound, this artist just isn't "it".

7. MythicalBrit

MythicalBrit Void-Bound Voyager

I'd just like to say
    1: If he ends up on the team or not should not be the communities decision (can you imagine some dev teams if this was so dear GAWD NO)
    2: I'd have to agree with pentas statements of we have no clue of his personality or his work ethnics so even making a decision if the choice was in our hands we do not have the info to do so
    3: Fair enough on his music being good (when done in his style) but as many people have state "making music you want to make and making music you NEED to make are two different things" that some can not operate around.(does not make them any less of artists they have have different feels/approaches towards their art)

8. Joxalot

Joxalot Subatomic Cosmonaut

I dunno about you guys but this is not that bad.
    It's pretty cool, I'd enjoy some of these tunes playing in Starbound, especially "A Daring Scape"

9. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I like it. But I think I like what we already have more. :confused:

10. TheHolyWombat

TheHolyWombat Subatomic Cosmonaut

i love it, and fits right into the setting of this game (for what i have seen and heard so far)
    [​IMG]

11. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

oh god why are you doing that.

12. TheHolyWombat

TheHolyWombat Subatomic Cosmonaut

[​IMG]

Breather likes this.
  13. MrAwesome

MrAwesome Star Wrangler

It really sounds like Castlevania.

14. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

I like it, it has the possibility to be really good. Although I think John Williams music would be the greatest thing for this game I'm pretty sure George Lucas keeps him on a tight lease;).
    also there probably just trying out different artist music to see whats out there and whats fitting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.