1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Virt: New Dev

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Space Core, Mar 24, 2012.

?

Do you want him on team?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Yes!

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. No...

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. idk/idc

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Space Core

Space Core Pangalactic Porcupine

Ok so a few minutes ago on irc some guy called virt showed up apparently he composed this

Well Rho is a huge fan of his and they are currently in private chat, by the sounds of it he want to compose music for starbound.

your thoughts?

2. Thiel

Thiel Zeromus

wow that video is the same thing for 5 minutes...

3. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

It's not the same thing for five minutes... :rolleyes:

It's pretty good but I like the music from the lighting demo video better. :up:

Cirno the Nine likes this.
  4. Space Core

this likely would not be music for the game, but virt is obviously quite skilled, and could likely make good music for the game. (he'd have to calm down the tone though)

5. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Making good music is great and all, but can he make good music that suits the game? If yes, then more power to him. If not, then no.

The above statement is conditional on him not being an asshole to work with, since I have never heard of him before so I have no idea.

6. Space Core

in the irc he seemed like a really great guy, i don't think he'll cause any personality problems

7. Zolon

Zolon Big Damn Hero

It's kinda rough to take a guy you saw on IRC for an hour and go "OMG should he be a dev?!" on the forums. :p I mean, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I think that's taking it a bit too far. :p

8. Space Core

I'm not trying to post it like that (in retrospect the poll was a b ad idea.) but he is pursuing some kind deal with the game devs at the very least, i'm simply reporting on my findings.

9. Pentarctagon

And that's great. But people can talk great and still be complete assholes. And how does he work? Does he get stuff in on time? etc. It just seems like you're rushing to conclusions a bit.

10. Space Core

I haven't made any conclusions yet, I'm simply posting on the current irc situation.

11. Zolon

Zolon Big Damn Hero

Didn't mean to rag on ya, Space, but the title of the topic was incredibly misleading :p Better word choice in the future might be a thing to look into. :)

12. Space Core

yeah i know i meant to put a question mark at the end of the title, typo's my fault

13. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

I have a name you know.

14. Pentarctagon

Um... me too...?

15. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Hmmm.... maybe if he made more music that was a bit more space like and such....

Because in all honesty, this song reminds me of Shining Force / Castlevania, with a small touch of Sonic, but not so much space style.

So my say would be... maaayyyybbbeee... possibly..... but I'd have to hear some other songs by him before I'd say something else.

16. Space Core

there are tons on his youtube channel

17. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

Wanna pick a good/better sample to show us?

18. Space Core

sure why not i'll start sniffing

19. Space Core

needs to be shortened looped and mixed down but it could work for some planets.

this one has a number of lines that could have a variety of uses.

this one is a mellow piece good for more peaceful areas, and story scenes

While non of these songs would work in the game as is, they show his relative skill level, I definitely think that if he composed a few original pieces for StarBound, they would be able to fit right into it's retro style and expansive worlds.

20. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Hmm... I think most of them are just a little to 8-bit-ish..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.