Virorbs

Discussion in 'The Monster Monster Contest' started by thefluvirus, Mar 12, 2012.

1. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

I suppose it does sound a little odd to say, but I still quite like the name Virorbs. Maybe i've just got attached to the name... Does anyone else think i should change the name to something else? Maybe Virusites? Regardless, I still prefer the name virorbs and I really don't want go back and change every instance of the name in the post! :p

Anyhoo, I updated the post again with five new virorbs, and some more drops info. Sorry if the descriptions seem a little rushed, it's really late where I am and I wanted to get it up before I go to bed and get some :zzz:

Ribbit...

dagorran likes this.
  2. Giant Door

Giant Door Space Penguin Leader

No, I think Virorbs works. It's short and sweet, sums up your creation and has a sci-fi feel about it... I think you hit the nail on the head first time round

3. Dibidy

Dibidy Stuck

God this keeps getting better and better. This is the best I have seen so far. Kudos to you and RIBBIT:speechless:

4. draconisilver

draconisilver Void-Bound Voyager

I absolutely love the colors and variety, but I find that their is no real combat interaction with these mobs. They're effectively just varied slimes, but I still find their colorful, interesting effects very cool! I'd be fine with these as a common, everywhere enemies, definitely more so than some basic robot or slime. Fantastic job!

5. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

Wow, I love the Psycho virorb and the Bomb Virorb! They're awesome :rofl:
    Also, i unliked your post. I had to like it first, of course ; )

6. BENCH K.O

BENCH K.O Void-Bound Voyager

I have an idea of an orb drop. Every orb drops a special orb part and if u combine all the orb parts u can meet an orb boss of some kind.

7. Dagorran

Dagorran Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I loooooove the bomb one... BOOM! haha. X3

8. Yen

Yen Pangalactic Porcupine

Oh your entry is awesome! I love the versatility you have in it and the fact that they are just so darn adorable!

I definitely saw the influences of Solosis in the design, and the Metroid head things too before you mentioned it, hehe X3

9. Venthas

Venthas Aquatic Astronaut

I had an idea for the Ring Virorb. When it attaches to your head, it may summon meteorites that fall on you, unless you dodge them. Or, maybe rings fly out of the sky and fall towards you?

thefluvirus likes this.
  10. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

I'd just updated the post with my own idea, but i like this a lot more! I'd better update it again! :rofl:
    The other updates include more details to the new virorbs, more drops, and some extra stuff.
    EDIT: Updated!

Ribbit!

dagorran and Maplestrip like this.
  11. Smeagol

Smeagol Void-Bound Voyager

Been looking the forums for a while and this entry definitely looks like a winner. It's an awesome idea, you got my vote. =)

12. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

Okey dokey, I updated the post again. EVERY VIRORB NOW HAS A SPRITE! WOO!

dagorran, Yen and Maplestrip like this.
  13. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

You can fix that spoiler by taking out the entire spoiler and re-doing it. Usually works for me, had it once on my suggestion.

14. Treeman4

Treeman4 Pangalactic Porcupine

This wins end of story in my opioin

15. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

I tried deleting the spoilers and now I have two spoilers for each. :confused: Unless, did you mean deleting the text within the spoiler too and retyping it by scratch?

16. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

No, deleting the spoilers around the text, then cutting-and-pasting the text into a new set of spoilers.

So;
    1) Delete spoiler tags
    2) Cut text
    3) Add in spoiler tags
    4) Save
    5) Edit
    6) Paste text into spoiler tags

thefluvirus likes this.
  17. thefluvirus

thefluvirus Contributor

Worked! Thanks! :up:

18. TheDeviant

TheDeviant Sandwich Man

You're welcome, it's a problem with the forum software, XenForo.

19. aiMarz

aiMarz Big Damn Hero

Like the new additions, keep up the good work :)

20. 777eza

777eza Existential Complex

wow just wow good job i wouldn't be surprise if you won but if you could only chose one what one would it be