Video Game Titles That Need a Sequel

Discussion in 'Games' started by Jtl400, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Time to downgrade your screen then. :p

[​IMG]

Chrillzilla likes this.
  2. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

A sequel to a game? hrrm... I would love to see a sequel to F-Zero Gx... yeah its a racing game but DAMN if it wasnt a good game.

There is also Demon`s Souls, spiritual ancestor to the Dark Souls franchise. I think that game didnt get the attention it deserved. Its world is so ripe for stories, characters and worlds that a sequel seems only natural!

3. Mort Faux

Mort Faux Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm with Asriel on I would love a new F-Zero game.

Of all of them, though, I would really love to see another in the "Souls" series back from the SNES days. Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, and Terranigma. Even if it's done with "modern retro" style, those were some of the titles I remembered most from my childhood and still play now and then. (Even if Terranigma was just via emulation later on.)

Corraidhín likes this.
  4. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Never played F-Zero. I've never been one for racing games besides Mario Kart and Crash Team Racing :D

As for Demon Souls, well.
    My brother bought it recently and he's been playing.
    So far I've seen him cheapmode bosses with the mana regen, and get ruined.
    I've played Dark Souls 1 and 2 for a bit, but I didn't like it much. I'm not masochistic enough for it.

5. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Xenoblade Chronicles X

If you've seen the ending, you know why.

6. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I liked the general gameplay behind Dark Souls, but they needed to make a "DS-Lite" that didn't focus on mega bloody violence and mega hard difficulty.

I'd liked to have seen a game that has the same general gameplay/exploration stuff, but less "dark" theme and less gory violence.

7. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

But the whole point of Demon Souls and Dark Souls is basically to give you the opportunity to play living hell and to make you consider if the devs are, in fact, worshipping Satan.

I actually quite like the dark atmosphere, both in lighting and environment. But I have that in many games. For instance, with Half Life 2, I really liked Ravenholm and the Citadel (Which is very dark in it's own right. (And I basically like everything about the Combine.))
    Having a game with the same gameplay wouldn't really fit in a TF2 Pyro-esque happy happy joy joy environment.

Still, with a lot of other games I think they feel a little bit... easy?
    Then again, I don't really do well on hard difficulty on any game.

8. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I don't really see why you couldn't have a similar control scheme/gameplay flow (semi-action RPG with blocking, dodge-rolling, weapon complexity, etc) without a dark atmosphere/hard difficulty.

It's basically like... I don't know... one of those newer Castlevania games or Darksiders, only slower gameplay and more focus on realistic movement instead of having your character flying around everywhere.

9. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Oooohhh. like that. Well, it'd still be nothing like Demon / Dark Souls. The whole game is literally based around the difficulty.
    The control scheme and gameplay are pretty generic in my opinion. Plenty of other games are semi-RPG with blocking, rolling and such things.

Also, I'm going to admit to heresy and say I've never played Castlevania except Harmony of Despair on the PS3 and certainly no Darksiders. (Or I might have but my play time was so short I don't even remember doing so.)

10. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

I'm speaking of the two Castlevania games for PC: Lords of Shadow and Lords of Shadow 2, and Darksiders..... well, it had similarities to Dark Souls, only there was a bit more ridiculous stuff going on in it.

And if there are "plenty of other games" that play like Dark Souls, I haven't seen them... AFAIK, it's just Dark Souls 1-3, Bloodborne, and that other copycat game I can't remember the name of that didn't do nearly as well. If you know of any other that are NOT console games... well, feel free to list em.

11. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Soon this discussion will become a thread on it's own :p

The names of the games mean nothing to me, sorry :/

I didn't mean that there's games that play just like Dark Souls, but rather that, again, besides the difficulty ramp that basically starts through the roof and keeps rising, Dark Souls is a pretty generic idea. You give the player a sword, a shield, and hint that the idea is that they start bashing skulls with them.
    It's really just a medieval RPG.
    Oh, with the power to leave misleading messages across the world for other people to enjoy.
    And of course,

Jolly co-operation!
    *praising intensifies*

12. Xylia

Xylia Tiy's Beard

Well, I meant the actual mechanics... slow-moving character, blocking, dodge rolls, fully 3-D world and not semi-3D with a linear path with lots of walls around to stop you from going any other direction, complex RPG elements in equipment, etc.

Just...Dark Souls without the challenge and dark environment basically lol.

And I gave those game names, so that you could look up Youtube videos if you wanted to see examples of said gameplay so I didn't have to post em in this thread, lol. But it's ok.

13. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

B-but, you don't understand...!
    Invisible walls are the way to go!
    And so are dark environments! (In my opinion. You'll see it in maps I make, buildings I make, even spaceships I make in starbound.)

And I understand :D
    I might look them up later.

14. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

The World Ends With You deserves a sequel, one of the best DS games i have ever played.

STCW262 likes this.
  15. LightningYu

LightningYu Void-Bound Voyager

I know people will give me a laugher for this, but i want an Sequel to The Order 1886. I know alot of people critisized the Game, which was one reason why i waited for the Budget Price, but i really did dig into this Game. I loved the Atmosphere as well the Story, gameplaywise it was pretty okay, but not even comparable to exemples like Uncharted or The Last of Us, and even they aren't any Gameplaymonster(i mean storydriven Games mustnt be Gameplaymonster anyway). But it pisses me off, that the Story is simply unfinished. I mean for me it doesn't felt like it doesn't worth the Money, truth to be told, if would've known that i enjoy this Game so much, i would've payed fullprice, and also it didn't felt it missed out something, but like Lord of the Rings or Star Wars, even if they finished the smaller Plot, there was a much bigger plot which felt like the Continue to a bigger Game-Series. But saddly i will never get my sequel to the order =/

16. Mr T

Mr T Void-Bound Voyager

I think that Little Kings Story deserves a sequel. It is a very good game and it ends in a cliffhanger that makes you complete the game in your imagination.
    --- Post updated ---
    sorry. I don't know how to add pics properly to the post...

Attached Files:

17. Larielia

Larielia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Golden Sun- Dark Dawn needs a sequel. More realistically, I would like one for Legend of Zelda- The Minish Cap.

18. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Hey if you are struggling with it and play it on PC, I always camp spawn spots to help new players or just give them a hand on difficult areas! if you still want to try!

Also a sequel for Tales of Symphonia plz, not that cheap weeaboo spin off full of yanderes

19. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Ayy nope, PS3

Also, I've seen my brothers play Tales of Xillia. Best butler ever. That story though.

20. OCracks

OCracks Aquatic Astronaut

Splatoon