1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Vespoids! 1.04

Adds a race of nature loving bees/wasps to the game.

1. AnthonySkunk89

AnthonySkunk89 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

AnthonySkunk89 submitted a new mod:

Vespoids! (not the one's made by Capcom) - Adds a race of nature loving bees to the game.

Read more about this mod...

2. Jtktomb8

Jtktomb8 Yeah, You!

It look pretty awesome , i love bugs too , especially arachnids like Whip scorpion , nice mod and sftbe :DD

3. RainbowShy

RainbowShy Pangalactic Porcupine

You might add a tie in for honey being made too

4. AnthonySkunk89

I will be working on a lot more stuff like honey, but that'll only be found in their dungeons and towns.

5. LunaraGK

LunaraGK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh no. I already threaten my friends on the server with my 6 ft blue honey-bee morph... Now I can actually do so.

6. AnthonySkunk89

Well, glad I can help you out? Haha!

7. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Bees are like, my favorite insect. :D

8. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

If you're open to suggestions, would it be pushy to ask ship tiers and towns be made first for this brilliant race? This way, anyone that gets the race won't have to delete their ship data or explore far away to find a village (or at least not as many people).

9. AnthonySkunk89

If it's a custom ship, give me some time, atm I'm actually trying to create custom blocks for towns and such, kinda running into some probs, but getting there. Got the honey liquid done.

10. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Got the honey already...? Very nice! And no rush at all. Sorry if that sounded rude/commanding. And nicely done already getting a liquid in!

...Also, forgive me, but my entomologist-in-training part of me must point out that Vespid is a term used in many wasp scientific names, which are a whole different family than bees. The sprite is also more wasp-like than bees, as it lacks the larger eyes or fuzz of bees, and it has large mandibles. I also imagine it can sting more than once without dying, whereas a bee dies after stinging (except for a few exceptions, I believe).

Last edited: May 11, 2015
  11. AnthonySkunk89

Go sit in the corner. >!> Naw I kid, I know all this, I wanted to add the fuzz but couldn't get it done right without needing to add it to the body sprites.

12. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

13. AnthonySkunk89

14. LunaraGK

LunaraGK Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...Liquid honey, huh? I wonder if that'll cause any conflicts with the liquid honey from the BEES! mod... Time to find out. FOR SCIENCE! *EDIT* Nope, no issues so far. Yay~

15. Lindazana

Lindazana Cosmic Narwhal

Keep in mind there is a liquid database for mods to prevent conflicts and slot overrides. I'll look around and see if I can dig the thing up after returning from town...
    Edit: http://starbounder.org/Modding:Liquids:Mods

Unrelated...The random name gen for this race has some astounding combinations that had me laughing aloud. "Tailspooner. Nutbiter. Ponypunch. Meatchaser.Buttlauncher. Nutbuster. The list goes on...

16. LOL BALL

LOL BALL Existential Complex

Almost lost it at "Buttlauncher". xD

17. SuncastingSorceress

SuncastingSorceress Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hey, just wanted to let you know I found another small sprite error. I'm using Hylotl armors for my vespoid because I feel like it matches her, and once I got to tier 3 I happened to notice this.
    woops.png

I just thought I'd point this out to you for fixing later. If it happens with this one helmet, it probably happens with a few more. Again, looking forward to updates, keep up the good work! ❤

18. AnthonySkunk89

I've finally got some custom blocks for the hive and the liquid honey done, I just need to figure up how to make towns and dungeons now. Then after that I'll make some more objects.[DOUBLEPOST=1431396477][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thanks again for feedback dear, I will look into that. I do plan on making custom armor at a later date.[DOUBLEPOST=1431396582][/DOUBLEPOST]
    TBH I think that's actually part of my skunk mod busting in. xD I'll have to redo all the names soon, as some combinations....just aren't GA. :(

19. SuncastingSorceress

SuncastingSorceress Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You're very welcome. ^ u ^
    I'm excited to hear that you have so much planned already! I hope updates for future versions of this mod, and future versions of Starbound sail smoothly for you!

p.s Please don't push yourself too hard, okay? Take breaks when you need them. ❤

20. AnthonySkunk89

You sound like me to my art friends now dear. xD Will do though.

tweaked the head a little more on both genders, hopefully they will now be compatible with the older armors. ^!^

Next for today will be thinking of some new names for the random name generator...but...this can be a group idea. Let my hear what silly, cute names you all got. ^!^

Last edited: May 12, 2015