Vehicles Factory & New System !

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Psygnosis, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Bump for potentials ! :gooby:

2. Solokaldaka

Solokaldaka Space Hobo

I support this idea! I would like to have a car more then just become a care whenever I want to, though it's ok for now I would also like to see vehicles have there own hp and maybe even fuel, not sure how but I would like it if it happened

Psygnosis likes this.
  3. Magament

Magament Scruffy Nerf-Herder

LoL extremely awesome Idea detected.
    Good job I think this will be implemented to the game or at least I hope

PabloElPuas and Psygnosis like this.
  4. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

something similar.

5. PabloElPuas

PabloElPuas Pangalactic Porcupine

I would like to implement as the great saga of Star wars the speeder bikes while I read this post there are great ideas el.Cuanto more the better community will participate this game

6. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

There is a Mod ( but I think he have not updated it since long time ) that introduce those vehicles, different for each race ! Hope they will put them in the vanilla game to craft in the Vehilce Factory ^^

PabloElPuas likes this.
  7. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

The vehicle salesman NPC (If it were to be added as well) should spawn in the Outpost instead, as it would make more sense for him/her to be there.
    As for the recipes, they should be simplified in order to avoid adding more items than necessary without changing the material input. I guess that, probabily, using raw materials outright instead of first crafting the pieces would simplify it enough.

PabloElPuas likes this.
  8. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Yep, that Npc with the " Car-Shop " could be a Rare spawn in the Outposts, maybe even more rare on Planets !

About the Vehicles Recipes, well they need to be " demanding " to get, same for the materials used to craft them OR better vehicles need more and more materials to craft them than a core / basic vehicle ( like a Car )

9. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

I´m referring that there shouldn´t be more parts added than it is necessary. The vehicles´ cost would still be the same, just that there would be less steps: You would simply need to use the Vehicle Factory to craft it outright. For example, if a car´s total cost were to be 5000 Sewage blocks, 8 Trash Bags and 100 Poop (It´s obvious that they wouldn´t really get to cost that, and that more appropiate materials would be put into the recipes), the crafting interface would require the player to have said items in the inventory outright, rather than first having to, say, craft 4 Poop seats, 4 Trash Wheels and a Sewage Chassis.

PabloElPuas likes this.
  10. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

The Vehicle Factory suggested need different Items to craft the Vehicles.

Searching for materials is what this Feature is mean to, players need to gather them by travelling / exploring planets in the Galaxy and get some parts from NPC Vendors too ( outposts and / or random spawns ) if they want to get / craft a Vehicle - this buffs up also the Exploration. The more Exploration the game have, the better.

With the " easy way " by just collection tons of items for 3 / 4 different Mats is - as said previously - just easy. You find the spot and farm them quickly till you reach the quantity required ( same for the rest of the stuff ). 5000 Sewage blocks ? Mine every block you see in your screen. Easy, waaaaaay too easy.

It is more funny to go around and explore new zones and such to gather mats than camping a spot.

Also, Vehicles are something that the Players need to achieve with efforts and not just by collecting 9000 blocks and stuff in that" farm camping " way. You Explore and find the mats ? You will able to craft the Vehicle. You are too lazy to find and craft primary stuff in order to advance to the next Crafting Steps ? No vehicle for you. This game obviously is for everyone, but such things should not be that Noob Friendly NOR Too much Quickly to have.

Like in Terraria, different / better Items / Weapons had various Mats / Items required in order to craft them ( and those Mats / Items needed to be crafted too / or found ). A flash example is the " Night's Edge " : http://terraria.gamepedia.com/Night's_Edge?cookieSetup=true

You had to craft 3x different Swords with different materials for each one and find the Muramasa ( ex. : Light's Bane : required 10x Deamonite Bars, 1x is crafted with 4x Deamonite Ores ). Blade of Grass mats were dropped from mobs and plants, rare drops / low % of drop.

Want stuff ? You need to Earn them. Want an Update for your Mech to give him Plasma Guns or Rocket Launchers instead of machineguns ? Follow the Night's Edge steps or something similar :D

Starbound have great Crafting potentials that need to be used / improved, like some dudes already made with the mods ( Starbooze for example ) , why " nerf " it ? This should be applied for weapons too with a New Crafting UI where you can combine parts and mats of Weapons in order to get a new / better one OR a random one each time you craft it with the same materials.

Get raw materials -----> Craft the Core Item -----> repeat first step to get remaining Core Items ------> you have all the items, good, proceed to the last Step -----> Vehicle Crafted

NOT : " get 5000 blocks and easy stfuf in the X spot then go craft it "

PabloElPuas likes this.
  11. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

What I mean is that there is no point in adding items used exclusively to craft vehicles if the cost is always the same, and said items are only used to make said vehicles. If they either have other uses, or are used to upgrade vehicles, then there is a point in doing so. (In my example, the basic idea is that all vehicles should be crafted from raw materials outright, rather than adding unnecessary crafting steps by dividing the cost between parts. The exact reason I chose those materials as an example is out of mere lack of seriousness in a car made out of shit, rather than putting an example of a vehicle that would be actually added)
    Think of it as the same reason you craft drills outright, rather than having to make a head and body that in total have the exact same cost.
    Of course, it dramatically changes if vehicles were to be modular, rather than "premade", in which case, there would be a very good point in making them crafted using parts rather than simply using the total cost instead.
    In the drill example, there would be no point in dividing their cost by adding a separate body and head unless they were interchangeable.

EDIT: An alternative would be to add the individual pieces, and allow for customizable vehicles, meaning that the only limit the player would have on the vehicles would be their cost and design drawbacks (So that a flying fortress that can ravage most non-protected dungeons with a single bombing would be a lot expensiver than a simple hovering vehicle, or a boat).

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  12. Heriol

Heriol Void-Bound Voyager

This is so great! I love it!

13. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Probabily, the Vehicle crafting station could, rather than having the player craft vehicles in the usual way, have an unique interface which would allow to put weapons and means of mobility to vehicle bodies, with some rules, such as making only some means of mobility (Such as wheels) only able to be used with some bodies (So that it wouldn´t be possible to make a submarine with wheels). That way, it would be possible to make completely custom vehicles.

PabloElPuas likes this.
  14. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

What if some items could only be gained through certain types of missions?

15. STCW262

STCW262 Heliosphere

Unless they were blueprints, it would be only possible to obtain those items once.

16. Warped Perspectiv

Warped Perspectiv Pangalactic Porcupine

Well that and like very specific items that are decently powerful in regards to all other weapons. Or they have a very specific purpose. Like a rail gun or maybe a jet pack.

17. Orion_Pax

Orion_Pax Pangalactic Porcupine

What about vehicles own inventory? Like chests. You get in the car, you press I for inventory and you can put / borrow items from vehicle container. 16 slots for items would be useful in the journey.

Psygnosis, PabloElPuas and STCW262 like this.
  18. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

...then " we " can add also Transport Dedicated Vehicles !

PabloElPuas likes this.
  19. Wywern291

Wywern291 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Devs! Make this happen!

PabloElPuas likes this.
  20. illusionist462

illusionist462 Master Chief

This is a wonderful Idea enough said!

PabloElPuas likes this.