Vehicles Factory & New System !

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Psygnosis, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Sgt_Hankey

Sgt_Hankey Request for Urgent Business Relationship

Psygnosis likes this.
  2. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Ahah, thanks ! I need to get some pieces from some items and put them in the Factory to get a better look :p

Sgt_Hankey likes this.
  3. DepressedNerd

DepressedNerd Hey, You!

I feel the same for Mechs. The tech should be changed into summoning an empty Mech, and press E to mount.

PabloM and Sgt_Hankey like this.
  4. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Yep ! That's how they will work !

The good thing is this, posted by Tiy on Reddit : http://www.reddit.com/r/starbound/c...e_future_of_starboundchucklefish_link/cf74l9x

Tiy Answer : " All current vehicle techs will become 'real' vehicles eventually. I don't have a time frame for you yet, but they won't be techs forever. "

I will check if someone can create now this Mod and maybe we will get something cool soon ! I'll see what I can do :p

PabloM and Sgt_Hankey like this.
  5. TheTimeLord

TheTimeLord Existential Complex

This is actually planned, at least the vehicle controls and getting in them. But yeah, it is a good idea.

Psygnosis likes this.
  6. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Updated the first post !

This one is the Mockup of the Crafting Menu when we click on the Vehicle Factory item ( obviously it's just an example to show how it can be ! Clicking on " Jeep 4x4 " will display what materials we need to craft the Jeep ! Other items like wheels, chassis and engine will require different materials ! ) :

[​IMG]

TheTimeLord likes this.
  7. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

New Suggestion for the Vehicles :

- Mechs and other armed Vehicles, that are not just traveling vehicles ( like the jeep, car, hoverbike, etc etc ), will have Upgrades. This means you will be able to craft a specific Mech ( for example ) everytime you unlock a new Sector ! The actual Mech is totally useless in High Tiers and do very very low damage, with those Upgrades, our Mechs will have better Tiered Weapons ! Example : Tier 1 have the Machineguns, Tier 2 have Plasma Guns, etc etc - the weapons will be more stronger when we Tier up !

- Armed Vehicles can have different Weapons Upgrades ( will need more materials and resources ), so different type of mounted weapons ( Example : In the Tier 10, you can craft a Mech with Dual Rocket Launchers or Grenade Launchers, etc etc ) - you still need to find the Recipe to craft the new Mech with different Weapons !

8. Hawk Novablast

Hawk Novablast Black Hole Surfer

I'd love this, support! It would be cool if USCM bases rarely spawned with vehicle hangers, in c.f. doing special black and blue USCM variants of human vehicles.

9. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Yup ! This woul be cool too !

Same for the colours customizations : you can find Blueprints with different colour schemes for each type of Vehicle ( but would be better a " Paint Shop " where you can chose what colours to use on your vehicles, like the character creator ! )

10. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

I'll give a bump to this ! Modified also the first OP with the Vehicle Factory / Vehicles suggestions =)

11. smillyderpface

smillyderpface Aquatic Astronaut

great this should be added

Psygnosis likes this.
  12. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Update

If we hold the mouse Cursor on the Jeep Wheel in the Crafting Menu of the Vehicle Factory, we will see what mats are needed to craft 1 Wheel ( 4 Wheels are needed to craft the Jeep with the other primary mats ) - obviously this is still an example / mockup , required materials can be different , same for the quantity . Each " Primary Item " have different ingredients, for example the Jeep Engine can be crafted with Iron Bars and other stuff !

Refined Tar as displayed here in the mockup, is crafted by extracting Raw Tar from Tar Pool / Oil Pools and then Refined in the Refinery ( we have suggested Tar / Oil Biomes to be introduced in the mod Variety is The Spice of The Universe ) :

[​IMG]

13. gavinp9p

gavinp9p Orbital Explorer

Sounds like a lot of fun, but wait we need hover tanks ,and transformeres

14. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Well there is already a mod that introduce new kind of Mechs, but Tanks are needed !

Hope Chucklefish will introduce Helicopters, Tanks, Armed Boats and Ground Vehicles, etc etc in the game... those vehicles with the Vehicle Factory combo, the Crafting is totally boosted up

15. 8-BIT Gorilla

8-BIT Gorilla Astral Cartographer

This is a really good idea, and would make Starbound better, and more convenient.

Psygnosis likes this.
  16. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Having fun and expand more the exploration of the various planets ! :D

17. eksynn

eksynn Giant Laser Beams

this thread is really old.. but i like the way you thought about this ^^ also glad vehicles will actually be items soon enough =D
    they're still not in nightlies, but let's hope for the best!

the way i envision an explanation for all of these games with any kind of inventory that you can carry a ton of things to work is, simply put, via a phenomenom called "hammerspace".
    in other words, it's (
    normally unlimited, but in games this is often very limited for whatever reason) compressed space that can be accessed through some kind of wrist-worn device (or "CSD", for short), or maybe through the MM multitool... or in other games, magic, if it's available in that world.
    it doesn't take weight into consideration, but it does take the amount of
    bytes the data takes to be stored within this CSD. hence, the whole inventory space limitation things. xD

18. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

Manufacturable vehicles? Yes please!

Psygnosis and eksynn like this.
  19. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

Yep, old but gold ! :p

Really hope they will feature the Vehicle Factory with all the ideas posted in the First Post ! Vehicles need a boost up and as said previously, they are kinda useless how they work now !

20. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

I have " little " Updated the main post ! ;)

eksynn likes this.