1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Vault Boss HP

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by ZeeHero, May 4, 2017.

1. DraikNova

DraikNova Spaceman Spiff

When fighting bosses, I usually rely on one of the following: dual-wielded T8 axes (90+ DPS without armor bonuses), dual-wielded T8 machine pistols (almost 60 DPS without armor) or my Kluex Staff/staff with energy zone combo (if fully charged, with all my buffs from armor and food, this can do over 5000 damage). All of them non-elemental. Let me tell you, being able to do the Shockhopper mission in less than 30 seconds is nice.

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I have found that rapid fire attacks are really powerful against vault bosses. My favorite Super Spin Slash attack can be pretty devastating and staves with the elemental sphere or rain can be even more effective.

3. Lintton

Lintton Guest

I don't see why lowering the boss hp would make it more interesting then, if you are arguably going in with overgeared equipment. If anything, more hp and resistances are needed.

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2017
  4. LazerRay

LazerRay Cosmic Narwhal

I tend to fight the vault bosses with rocket launchers that have homing on them, and based on the boss's element I use a launcher they are weak to (Poison and Ice are weak to Fire, the Fire one is weak to Ice, the Electric doesn't have much of a weakness but the explosions hurt him a lot). I also have a full Perfect armor set and a large stack of Nanowraps to help out, plus the Spike Sphere tech allows you to dodge quite a few attacks.

I also pay attention to their battle sequences to take down shields or to get that damage buff if it comes up, I just have to also watch out for the shotgun blasts since they insta-kill if you are too close.

5. LyricLyricandmoreLyric

LyricLyricandmoreLyric Phantasmal Quasar

tier 10 weapons are possible, you can apply the tier to any weapon or armor using spawnable items pack