1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Variety is the spice of the Universe 1.0.1.1 for Enraged Koala

Over 50+ new biomes, 10+ new weather types, new music & more

1. scriber

scriber Void-Bound Voyager

This excites me so much. Both of the mods really gave the game staying power for me. Thanks for your work, you are a star.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  2. Aegis J Hyena

Aegis J Hyena Existential Complex

Having shot myself in the face three times in 15 minutes with a rocket launcher for a one hit kill tonight (all on hardcore, mind you), I think I'll wait until Visotu and FF are both updated fully before picking it up again, but it should be awesome when that happens.

3. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I hear that rockets to the face are bad for your long-term health.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  4. Th3P1zzaM4n

Th3P1zzaM4n Void-Bound Voyager

Update please

5. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Perhaps read the thread to see what's going on with the mod. Literally this entire page discusses it in the posts immediately above.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2015
    DarthTrethon likes this.
  6. ForgivenStar

ForgivenStar Void-Bound Voyager

Will there be an upbeat giraffe update anytime soon :eek:?

7. Kirbychwan

Kirbychwan Void-Bound Voyager

Dude, read.

maltronic and sayter like this.
  8. GROVER CURES HOUSES

GROVER CURES HOUSES Void-Bound Voyager

No tools but a text editor? Are there some kind of tricksy JSON shenanigans that prevent you from semi-automating the process?

9. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

Yes. We have to fine-toothed comb the entire process for Stable. I had literally 7000 files to go over...one...at...a...time.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  10. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

I am not sure anything I or anyone else can say can be appropriate here given the amount of work this has cost you, the best I can say is thank you very much and I am sure I speak for a lot of others when I say this will be greatly appreciated for years to come, I know I will.

11. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Indeed...I just hope they don't completely change the formatting, etc. on us again...making them do this all over again, once again. ^^

DarthTrethon likes this.
  12. DarthTrethon

DarthTrethon Spaceman Spiff

The developers have reassured us this mod formatting is final.....I simply believe them because to change it again they'd need to yet again rewrite the game engine which would place game development in limbo for another year but that's not happening again.....now they are making a major content push that will continue all the way up to the game's release later this year.

13. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

If they chance it again, you will read of me in the obituaries, having commited suicide by merging starbound code with my face...using a hammer.

martrikir and scriber like this.
  14. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

That's definitely reassuring to hear, though I missed that post (admittedly I don't really the blogs anymore, though...)
    Are you sure you wouldn't...use a matter manipulator to do it, instead? ;)

15. Aegis J Hyena

But... but hammers are so retro and cool! :p

You -should- have livestreamed this, to show us just WHAT it takes for modders to work their magic.

16. Raindrac

Raindrac Existential Complex

Well, I guess I'll just say screw it. I only got the Frostfire almost done(I stopped at making the weather), lost interest and kept holding off yet again because I just couldn't get myself to hand the biomes over to someone else.

insert moping here

17. sayter

sayter The Waste of Time

I know the feeling, man. Been there many a time before :) It's in good hands if you want me to take it over :)

18. WatcherCCG

WatcherCCG Giant Laser Beams

Yeah, let Sayter take it. I've used FF. The biomes will be in good hands.

19. Raindrac

Raindrac Existential Complex

Well, permission granted.

DarthTrethon likes this.
  20. Aegis J Hyena

All Right People... it looks like this is has been passed off to Frackin' Universe, so you can stop posting in this thread because no response will be forthcoming.